Tailgate table recommendations?

Brownpow121

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Altitude Sport V6
Researching tailgate tables. I have seen some referrals on the Outback version and looking around in case there are any other quality options?
Sponsored

dshark1

First Name
Sunny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon JLR

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

LazyJL

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon, 2001 built XJ, 1997 near stock XJ
Occupation
Retired fabricator and mechanic

Sponsored

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
I think I paid about $70 for my tailgate table on Amazon also. No rattles, super easy install.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B083NSVCQ3/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

the tailgate table is a simple design. It is not rocket science and I see no reason to spend big money on it. After all it is just a shelf, a place to make a sandwich, and hold a drink. The add says it is rated to hold 80 pounds. Anyone making an 80 pound sandwich, or plan on putting 80 pounds worth of stuff on their tailgate table......

The crazy money that some of these tables are priced at could be better spent somewhere else. Maybe like a full weekend worth of fuel to go wheeling and camping so you actually have a reason to use said table.

Matanzas

First Name
Dude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

PDelena

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
Vehicle Showcase
I went with the Rock Slide Engineering AC-TB-200 Tailgate Table. I like the fact that it has two shelves. We use the table with our butane cooker and are able to leave the top shelf up as sort of a buffer for the heat from the stove. The table itself does rattle a little when going over bumps (and definitely when closing the gate.) I had a piece of rubber tubing jammed behind the table which seemed to cut out all of the rattling except for when closing the door. I've since ordered some adhesive door stops to put on the back of the table. If my calculations are correct, this should resolve the rattling issue quite nicely. I'd highly recommend this table.

https://www.quadratec.com/p/rock-slide-engineering/tailgate-table-jeep-wrangler-jk-jl
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08BFNMDSH

Dkretden

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L
LOL - take a look at the picture descriptions on the link - apparently the table can also fit your quiche, a pet cactus, and allow you to watch chick flicks on your laptop at the same time!
This is EXACTLY what I use my Table for. That reminds me, I need to water my cactus.

in all seriousness, I have the Outback and really like it a lot — it’s GREAT — but I find that I’m not using the cutting board feature. In hindsight, it would have been smarter for me to buy a <$100 table as most of the reviews that I have read on them across the board say ‘works as expected, no rattles”…….

Sponsored

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
LOL - take a look at the picture descriptions on the link - apparently the table can also fit your quiche, a pet cactus, and allow you to watch chick flicks on your laptop at the same time!
Probably what sold it to me. Who doesn't want a quiche to enjoy out on the trail with your pet cactus while watching the Notebook. Duh. That shit is hilarious.

calemasters

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited, & Escalade
Occupation
Retired Mechanical Engineer
I went with the Mopar tailgate table. I like it and I have no complaints.

RFR JLR 2.0

First Name
Rudy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JLU Rubicon 3.6L
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Geologist
My wife bought me one of the $70 Amazon tables as a birthday present. Works great. If I bought it I probably would have spent 3 times that amount and not be any more satisfied.

AnebuR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon + 2014 JK Sport S
I have a Front Runner table. Works great. Solid design. I painted the board to match my Jeep and added a molle panel

Jeep Wrangler JL Tailgate table recommendations? 20200818_155236

Jeep Wrangler JL Tailgate table recommendations? 20200818_155303

webwbr

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR - Sting Gray
Occupation
Amateur Cynic/Professional Skeptic
Beg everyone’s pardon for a dumb question that I probably could research on my own, but do these tables fit with a Quadratec cargo liner? The one I have has a high lip that looks like it goes all the way to the rear door. Guessing it is one or the either/or for me, or major cutting of the mat.

Also… do all these tables require permanent holes to be drilled in the door?
Sponsored