Sponsored

Post your progress on Extreme Recon package here

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR 392 XR, '21 JTR, '21 JLR, '09 JK
Thanks for pointing that out. I did read through that sticky post, but I didn't catch that. It definitely seems a bit disingenuous to call it a ship date, but it actually sounds like a plausable build date, as opposed to the pipe dream of building and shipping a vehicle in the next 8 days. Fingers crossed it may actually be on schedule. Any idea what the average build time is?
Ship date is the build date because it typically goes through the entire build process in a day, was my understanding. I think there's some exceptions with mopar addons. I.e., it will hit actual assembly then go to KZ (waiting for train). You have some steps before build that are different 'states' i.e., paint etc that are prior to 'ship date.' For the most part, it's all planning and JIT delivery of parts, and when the stars align -- BOOM, rapid assembly and ship.
Sponsored

Jeepeto

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR XR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Sparky
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Welcome to the forum! You'll be enjoying your Jeep in no time, but as others have pointed out, the XR package will certainly add some delays. Worth it though! I always hesitate when dealers tell people 6-8 weeks... and while I see some people have gotten theirs faster, mine has literally always been closer to 12 weeks. This is my 4th JL order, so yeah :)

But either way, they stated they wouldn't even start XR production until sometime in August. Typically ship date is build completion date (only takes a day) from my experience. And really all that means is it's been signed off on and is in KZ and waiting for a train (or a truck if your dealer is within a few hours drive from the factory).

So if they say 8/25 -- you are probably another 2 weeks minimum (potentially 3) from delivery to the dealer. So that means 7/23 order, and likely delivery of around 9/15. Roughly 7-8 weeks.

FWIW, I ordered my 392 XR back on July 5th and I'm not even in D1 yet. I then put another order in with another dealership on July 23rd (taking delivery of both) and this order is also yet to hit D1. At least on the 2nd order I got an estimated dealer arrival date of 11/6. Who knows though. But that's a solid two months after yours and I ordered the same day (and this dealer is 500 miles from the factory as opposed to Phoenix being 2000). And for those saying they are prioritizing the highest MSRP builds -- mine are both nearing the $90k marker.
Thanks for the welcome! I was fully prepared for 12 weeks at time of order despite the quoted 6-8 weeks quoted. I figured they would tell me what they thought I wanted to hear to make the sale. However I was surprised to get the "ship date" so soon, and really wanted to understand what that means in the real world. If what you're saying is indeed accurate I would be stoked to have my XR by mid September. That would be right on schedule for the quoted 6-8 weeks. Congrats on the orders man, sounds like you know how to party! I really dig that Hydro Blue as well, I almost ordered my XR in that, but it would have broken the pattern. This will be my 3rd red jeep, 92 YJ (first car), 2019 JL 2 door, and now the JLUR XR, all red.

Jeepeto

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR XR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Sparky
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Ship date is the build date because it typically goes through the entire build process in a day, was my understanding. I think there's some exceptions with mopar addons. I.e., it will hit actual assembly then go to KZ (waiting for train). You have some steps before build that are different 'states' i.e., paint etc that are prior to 'ship date.' For the most part, it's all planning and JIT delivery of parts, and when the stars align -- BOOM, rapid assembly and ship.
I thought I had surely misread that on your initial post. That is wildly impressive if they are pumping these things out in under 24 hours.

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I thought I had surely misread that on your initial post. That is wildly impressive if they are pumping these things out in under 24 hours.
There's actually a cool video on YT that shows the entire assembly process. I had an opportunity to tour the Porsche factory and BMW factory and same thing... it's nuts. I think the paint process is a separate day since things take a while to dry, etc fully -- but once that's finished and parts are lined up man... its INSANE. Very beautiful thing.

OP
OP
galleywinter

galleywinter

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Hard Rock JKU, 2018 JL Rubi, 2020 Mercedes GLC 300(Wife) :-)
Occupation
Environmental Manager, VA Hospital
Thank you for your input! I assumed as much. I haven't allowed myself to get too excited yet as it seems "too good to be true". For now I'll be happy enough to know that I'm not buried under months of orders waiting to get started. I've braced myself for the very real possibility that it may be October/November, anything sooner than that is just a bonus. Just hoping it shows up in time for our Moab trip over Thanksgiving as we just sold our 19 JL 2 door for fear that the used market might not be as high when it comes time to take delivery of the XR.

Out of curiosity how did you figure out they haven't started building the XR packages yet? Is this just community sourced information based on everyone checking in with JC? Or is there a source that you can go to to determine what is being produced at the moment? I'm just trying to figure out how to track progress on my side of things as I sit here patiently awaiting the new rig.
No source. And if anyone in this forum tells you they have a source, they do not šŸ˜ Ya, itā€™s like you said. Just from monitoring other threads. The 392 has been a good one to track X-RAY builds lately. Those guys keep each other informed on their progress. Some of those guys have added XR. Then I created this post for everyone to keep each other updated. Maybe thereā€™s someone out there that ordered a XR package, not on this forum and they have one being built. Just what Iā€™m hearing hear. I ordered from the highest order volume dealer around and he hasnā€™t had any of his XR orders started. But, I bet they get started on them this week. Too many people went to ā€œParts have been gathered and scheduling your buildā€ last week. I bet theyā€™re gonna start cranking them out. If you read the other threads on ordering or the dealer threads youā€™ll see that there is no rhyme or reason behind what order they go in. Itā€™s definitely not in the order they orders were placed. Somebody will order the exact build. One guy will get his in 6 weeks and the guy with identical Jeep that ordered 2 weeks before is still sitting, waiting to get started. Somebody that ordered a XR Rubi yesterday could have his start tommorrow and delivered Sept. 15 and the very first guy to order XR back in June could still be waiting to start in Oct.

Iā€™m in the same boat. Sold mine to Vroom for a big profit. I couldnā€™t take the chance on the used market going bust. Couldnā€™t pass up the offer. Weā€™re down to wifeā€™s MB and borrowing a friends POS Kia šŸ˜.

Sponsored

FenderCustom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubi 392, Audi R8
I went from parts were gathered on the 13th for my XR 392 build back to waiting for parts.

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I went from parts were gathered on the 13th for my XR 392 build back to waiting for parts.
Ha, well, can't say I'm surprised. Both of my orders still stuck in gathering parts :(

rubiland

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rubicon Unlimited 392
Rep on the phone told me they thought build order had something to do with shipping geography, which could make sense because maybe they want to fill trains heading out in a general direction.

Jeepeto

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR XR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Sparky
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

No source. And if anyone in this forum tells you they have a source, they do not šŸ˜ Ya, itā€™s like you said. Just from monitoring other threads. The 392 has been a good one to track X-RAY builds lately. Those guys keep each other informed on their progress. Some of those guys have added XR. Then I created this post for everyone to keep each other updated. Maybe thereā€™s someone out there that ordered a XR package, not on this forum and they have one being built. Just what Iā€™m hearing hear. I ordered from the highest order volume dealer around and he hasnā€™t had any of his XR orders started. But, I bet they get started on them this week. Too many people went to ā€œParts have been gathered and scheduling your buildā€ last week. I bet theyā€™re gonna start cranking them out. If you read the other threads on ordering or the dealer threads youā€™ll see that there is no rhyme or reason behind what order they go in. Itā€™s definitely not in the order they orders were placed. Somebody will order the exact build. One guy will get his in 6 weeks and the guy with identical Jeep that ordered 2 weeks before is still sitting, waiting to get started. Somebody that ordered a XR Rubi yesterday could have his start tommorrow and delivered Sept. 15 and the very first guy to order XR back in June could still be waiting to start in Oct.

Iā€™m in the same boat. Sold mine to Vroom for a big profit. I couldnā€™t take the chance on the used market going bust. Couldnā€™t pass up the offer. Weā€™re down to wifeā€™s MB and borrowing a friends POS Kia šŸ˜.

Oh well. We will continue to play the waiting game. Man thanks so much for catching me up on this whole process. This is my first special order vehicle, and I really didn't know what to expect. I'm super excited, and just don't know what to believe during this process. It seems we may have unloaded our previous vehicles just in time, as I keep hearing the "used market bubble has burst" here for the last week or so. Bummer about the borrowed KIA šŸ¤£, we were lucky enough to borrow my old mans YJ for the time being. It's not entirely unbearable, I actually kinda like the old girl. I'll be super stoked when people start posting pics of their XR's here. I really want to see a production model. I'm really curious what it's going to take to run 37's, if the factory lift is really 1.5" or like the Mopar 2" lift that gives 3" plus. And like everyone here I just want a straight answer on the beadlock wheel color.

Sponsored

Jeepeto

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR XR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Sparky
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

There's actually a cool video on YT that shows the entire assembly process. I had an opportunity to tour the Porsche factory and BMW factory and same thing... it's nuts. I think the paint process is a separate day since things take a while to dry, etc fully -- but once that's finished and parts are lined up man... its INSANE. Very beautiful thing.
I'm gonna have to search out that video, that sounds pretty crazy.

OP
OP
galleywinter

galleywinter

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Hard Rock JKU, 2018 JL Rubi, 2020 Mercedes GLC 300(Wife) :-)
Occupation
Environmental Manager, VA Hospital
WTH! Jeep, Toledo. It's August 17th. Hello....McFly! Crickets................... Not contacting Jeep Chat or calling Jeep CS until I see someone's XR is being built. Not gonna bug Daniel either. No need but dang. I guess when they said production starts in August the meant Aug. 31.

Ct_Formula

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon JL, 2011 JK Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Self Employed
WTH! Jeep, Toledo. It's August 17th. Hello....McFly! Crickets................... Not contacting Jeep Chat or calling Jeep CS until I see someone's XR is being built. Not gonna bug Daniel either. No need but dang. I guess when they said production starts in August the meant Aug. 31.
I hear ya man, soo frustrating. But every day is a day in the right direction.
Sponsored