Sponsored

Yet another dealer trying to price gouge.

calemasters

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited, & Escalade
Occupation
Retired Mechanical Engineer
Jeep Wrangler JL Yet another dealer trying to price gouge. lab
Sponsored

freddieb

First Name
fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 wrangler
This is the funniest thread I have seen. Lol

Jinnjue

First Name
Jinn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler jl 2 door Mojito Green
Vehicle Showcase
Took my JLR to the dealer for its first free oil change and walked around the lot while waiting. They have quite a few new JL's and JT's on the lot, which surprised me...until I started looking at the stickers. ALL of them had this $10k-ish markup over MSRP. No wonder they have so many unsold. If the market drop that some financial guessers are predicting happens, I'll bet they'll wind up regretting their decision.

Jeep Wrangler JL Yet another dealer trying to price gouge. lab
Broncos are getting it worse šŸ˜³

L1011

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 4R but hoping for a JLU
I've never seen so much rapacious greed in my life. This is much worse than the greed before the last housing meltdown in 2007. It's just sickening.
I have nothing to add here except for the awesome use of the word rapacious! :like:

Sponsored

Hearhear

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus, 392 XR Wrangler
So how do you negotiate with a dealer who thinks they can ask any price want above MSRP? Any secrets to negotiating with a dealer who seems to hold all the cards?

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
So how do you negotiate with a dealer who thinks they can ask any price want above MSRP? Any secrets to negotiating with a dealer who seems to hold all the cards?
These are not limited edition vehicles. Shop another dealer who wants to earn your business. There are plenty of them who will work for your hard earned money.

Walker Texas Wrangler

First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hamburgsolutions.com
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLU Rubicon, Previous: '99 TJ Sahara
Build Thread
Link
You need to first get into the right state of mind. YOU hold all the cards. They are there to sell, the power comes to the buyer. Buyers are the ones who set the prices. Decide how much you are willing to pay for something and don't pay more than that. I learned the hard way when I was young, but it's really that simple. If they aren't willing to negotiate, you can take your business to someone who will.

But you also need to be realistic.

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
You dont. You really dont negotiate with a dealer in the way people think. I have walked out of dealers for $500 and they have not called me back, and they happily let me leave. Then walking into another dealer who took my offer without any haggle.

Options. Thats what we have as consumers. A dealer doesnt take your offer, go somewhere else. Use your options and dont fixate on a particulate dealer. Have them compete with each other to earn your business.

GrayHawk20

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
*See Signature for Info*
Occupation
(Architectural) Jr. Project Coordinator
Vehicle Showcase
Simple answer is you dont. Like the others have said above me. Us consumers set the price (while being realistic). Shop around and see what is out there. Also check the forums here and see what other people recommend. Right now I ordered a 392 Jeep well under invoice when most of my local dealers were at or above MSRP.

Sponsored

COJLGirl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4xe, 2017 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport 4x4...
Took my JLR to the dealer for its first free oil change and walked around the lot while waiting. They have quite a few new JL's and JT's on the lot, which surprised me...until I started looking at the stickers. ALL of them had this $10k-ish markup over MSRP. No wonder they have so many unsold. If the market drop that some financial guessers are predicting happens, I'll bet they'll wind up regretting their decision.

FB9150BE-BFA8-46DA-93D2-C703A397A8FC.jpeg
Thatā€™s ridiculous, but unfortunately the dealers here in the Phoenix area are doing the same. I ended up purchasing my Jeep out of Idaho and got a good deal, 9.57% off MSRP. Iā€™m pretty happy considering the crappy market conditions we are in.

GrayHawk20

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
*See Signature for Info*
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Thatā€™s ridiculous, but unfortunately the sealers here in the Phoenix area are doing the same. I ended up purchasing my Jeep out of Idaho and got a good deal, 9.57% off MSRP. Iā€™m pretty happy considering the crappy market conditions we are in.
Nampa right? Peterson CDJR? I ordered mine from Chapman 11.5% off MSRP

Duck Dodgers

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL 2 door
So, two things.
1. The $9995.00 adjustment is over 10% of value. Isnā€™t that ā€œprofiteeringā€?

2. While at the dealer I overheard a snippet of a financing conversation. He was talking to a young couple, like early 20ā€™s.
ā€œThat would be the payment on 96 month financing.ā€

GrayHawk20

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
*See Signature for Info*
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase