Sponsored

JLUS with Rubi springs and Fox shocks

t.i.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler buying soon
Hello experts,

I need help getting a setup as close to factory as possible. Here are things I am trying to accomplish:
1) Get ~2" lift
2) Since, it is going to be a daily driver mostly highway, I would like the ride to be plush ( as much as possible).
3) Going to upgrade to rubi wheels and tires 33".
What I have gathered reading the threads, Rubi suspension with hardtop, tow package, and steel bumper would get me about 2" lift. However, the ride will be rough. There was a suggestion to use Rubi springs, and some fox shocks. Could anyone guide me if they have used this setup. Also, what fox shocks would fit this build.

As always appreciate the help.
Sponsored

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
Hello experts,

I need help getting a setup as close to factory as possible. Here are things I am trying to accomplish:
1) Get ~2" lift
2) Since, it is going to be a daily driver mostly highway, I would like the ride to be plush ( as much as possible).
3) Going to upgrade to rubi wheels and tires 33".
What I have gathered reading the threads, Rubi suspension with hardtop, tow package, and steel bumper would get me about 2" lift. However, the ride will be rough. There was a suggestion to use Rubi springs, and some fox shocks. Could anyone guide me if they have used this setup. Also, what fox shocks would fit this build.

As always appreciate the help.
Ride won't be rough w/ the Rubi spring swap, a bit firmer but not a significant difference IMO. To get a full 2" lift on your 4 door you might have to add some small spacers. Most of the 4drs w/ Rubi springs net about 1.5" but YMMV. Fox shocks would be a nice upgrade though, you could always run it as-is then get the Fox setup at a later date if you decide you want a better overall ride and improved performance off road. The Fox shocks for a stock Rubicon 4dr are the ones you want.

OP
OP

t.i.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler buying soon
Ride won't be rough w/ the Rubi spring swap, a bit firmer but not a significant difference IMO. To get a full 2" lift on your 4 door you might have to add some small spacers. Most of the 4drs w/ Rubi springs net about 1.5" but YMMV. Fox shocks would be a nice upgrade though, you could always run it as-is then get the Fox setup at a later date if you decide you want a better overall ride and improved performance off road. The Fox shocks for a stock Rubicon 4dr are the ones you want.
Thanks for the reply. Any recommendations on the spacers? Front, rear or both?

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Thanks for the reply. Any recommendations on the spacers? Front, rear or both?
Depends on what your future plans are. If you think a winch & steel bumpers are going to be added I'd run 3/4" spacers at least on the front. Here's my install thread, it's a 2dr but the install is the same. And I ended up adding steel bumpers front and rear, a winch, and some other steel stuff. I will also be adding about 200 lbs of skid plates, so hopefully I won't need a rear spacer too (only have a 3/4" front one from Rugged Ridge).

Keep in mind the 2drs get about a 1/2" higher lift from the Rubicon swap. And as you get to about the 2" lift range you should also add a longer Mopar lift LCA set, this will keep your caster proper so your Jeep won't be prone to wandering at hwy speeds. The LCA info is in post #4
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/rubicon-suspension-on-2-door-sport.40700/

OP
OP

t.i.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler buying soon
Depends on what your future plans are. If you think a winch & steel bumpers are going to be added I'd run 3/4" spacers at least on the front. Here's my install thread, it's a 2dr but the install is the same. And I ended up adding steel bumpers front and rear, a winch, and some other steel stuff. I will also be adding about 200 lbs of skid plates, so hopefully I won't need a rear spacer too (only have a 3/4" front one from Rugged Ridge).

Keep in mind the 2drs get about a 1/2" higher lift from the Rubicon swap. And as you get to about the 2" lift range you should also add a longer Mopar lift LCA set, this will keep your caster proper so your Jeep won't be prone to wandering at hwy speeds. The LCA info is in post #4
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/rubicon-suspension-on-2-door-sport.40700/
Yes, I am planning on adding steel bumper and winch. So would it be 3/4 spacer up front and 1/2 in the back?

Sponsored

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Yes, I am planning on adding steel bumper and winch. So would it be 3/4 spacer up front and 1/2 in the back?
Should be a good plan

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I am hoping this wouldn’t make it too tall for the 33s.
You could always add the spacers later if you want to see how it looks w/ just the springs, but doing the labor over again isn't super fun :(
But probably only take 90 minutes the second time around since you'll know what you're doing then lol.

OP
OP

t.i.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler buying soon
You could always add the spacers later if you want to see how it looks w/ just the springs, but doing the labor over again isn't super fun :(
But probably only take 90 minutes the second time around since you'll know what you're doing then lol.
Lol. That’s what I am trying to avoid. Haha

Sponsored

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
Depends what winch/bumper combo. If you go stubby and light winch like the XRC SB you might not need to add front spacers. I didn't.

OP
OP

t.i.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler buying soon
Depends what winch/bumper combo. If you go stubby and light winch like the XRC SB you might not need to add front spacers. I didn't.
Notice any lean?