First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon 2.0t
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
You’re not going to want to miss the footage of our latest adventure when I almost sank my new Jeep Rubicon! Make sure you watch until the end to catch the hilarious commentary! 🤣 Don’t forget to like, share and SUBSCRIBE to our YouTube channel! Thanks for watching!

Sponsored

OP
OP
stevieb92

stevieb92

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon 2.0t
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
You did good. I wanted to see the F350 try and make it.
Thanks for checking out the video! I wanted to see him give it a go too. He might have floated a bit more than I did. Lol

jlang

First Name
JDawg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL Punk'D Rubicon
Occupation
Semi-Retired
Thanks for checking out the video! I wanted to see him give it a go too. He might have floated a bit more than I did. Lol
No doubt, his rear end would have headed down stream for sure.

NewJLU2019

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited 2019 Sahara Unlimited
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
You’re not going to want to miss the footage of our latest adventure when I almost sank my new Jeep Rubicon! Make sure you watch until the end to catch the hilarious commentary! 🤣 Don’t forget to like, share and SUBSCRIBE to our YouTube channel! Thanks for watching!

WOW So what water damage did you have and how much water you think came under doors?

Sponsored

OP
OP
stevieb92

stevieb92

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon 2.0t
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
WOW So what water damage did you have and how much water you think came under doors?
The carpet was wet around the floor drain holes, but it was completely dry within a few days. Not much came under the doors. There was a little water on the Jeep all weather floor mats. I was very surprised it wasn't worse.

OP
OP
stevieb92

stevieb92

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon 2.0t
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Awesome feat nice work. Definitely had a moment of anxiety on the way back. I did have trouble looking past the public littering though... seriously couldn't have thrown that piece of plastic in either rig?
Thanks for checking it out. Yes, it was definitely a pucker factor moment since this is my first Wrangler and I haven't spent much time off road prior to this. Sorry to disappoint you that we didn't get video footage of us cleaning up that area before we left. We actually spent about 30 minutes collecting other people's garbage and vehicle parts after the cameras were turned off. Enough to fill a 5 gallon bucket. Next time I'm out, I'll collect video footage of us collecting other people's garbage and vehicle parts and make an entire video just for you. You promise to watch that video? :LOL:

blessidsoul12

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 billet silver JLUR, 2019 chevy suburban
Thanks for checking it out. Yes, it was definitely a pucker factor moment since this is my first Wrangler and I haven't spent much time off road prior to this. Sorry to disappoint you that we didn't get video footage of us cleaning up that area before we left. We actually spent about 30 minutes collecting other people's garbage and vehicle parts after the cameras were turned off. Enough to fill a 5 gallon bucket. Next time I'm out, I'll collect video footage of us collecting other people's garbage and vehicle parts and make an entire video just for you. You promise to watch that video? :LOL:

👍 well then thank you 😉 i will take your word for it.

Sponsored

OP
OP
stevieb92

stevieb92

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon 2.0t
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
That was awesome :) What kind of lift and tires do you have?
Thanks for checking out the video! I'm planning to do a video going through all the mods I have so far, but here's the list of the tires main suspension components.

BFG KO2 315/70R17 Load C
Rusty's Off Road 2 Inch Springs
Falcon SP2 3.3 Fast Adjust Piggyback Shocks
Falcon Nexus EF 2.1 Steering Stabilizer
Rock Krawler X Factor Lower Control Arms (front and rear)
Rock Krawler X Factor Adjustable Track Bars (front and rear)

Reactions: F2F

Asuriyan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Sarge Green JLR (6MT)
Swims pretty good for a brick, eh?

Last time I tried something like this (in my previous Jeep, which was 2 days old at the time) I slipped sideways off an underwater rock and tore the sidewall open. Tire lost pressure almost instantly. Still made it out with no trouble on 3 tires... rolled right out and changed the tire in front of an amused audience. Amazing what these are capable of, even stock, but I'm more careful with water these days.

Last edited:
OP
OP
stevieb92

stevieb92

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon 2.0t
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Swims pretty good for a brick, eh?

Last time I tried something like this (in my previous Jeep, which was 2 days old at the time) I slipped sideways off an underwater rock and tore the sidewall right open. Tire lost pressure almost instantly. Still made it out with no trouble on 3 tires... rolled right out and changed the tire in front of an amused audience. Amazing what these are capable of, even stock, but I'm more careful with water these days.
Cool story! Yes, these Jeeps are pretty amazing, even stock. Did you get video of it?

I don't think I would have attempted it with my Jeep in stock form. I was surprised at how well it did, but in all fairness the depth of the water surprised me too. I used to go across that as a passenger in others vehicles but it was never that deep. On the first crossing, as I got close to the opposite side the back end floated a bit with the current because I could feel it drift. I'm not planning to attempt anything like that again any time soon. lol
Sponsored