Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mojito! Wrangler 392, 2020 Neon Gladiator
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
After living with the Wrangler 392 I have to say it is an amazing Jeep, something they should have offered a long time ago. But lets be honest, there are a few things lacking with it that Jeep could have easily addressed. I am curious to hear what you all think about your 392 so far and if you have any complaints besides the price and the gas mileage! For me, I thought it looked ridiculous with the lift and 33" tires but that was an easy fix that 99% of us planned to change immediately anyway. Things I feel Jeep should have included were better brakes, like the SRT Mopars get, and the suspension/handling just don't match the feel of the performance motor. Since day 1, I have been saying that the Wrangler 392 is confused because it doesn't know what it is! The motor makes it want to be a sports car, but the brakes and suspension can't keep up! Here is my cliché "things I hate" video where I discuss this more in detail and explain how I have addressed these issues:

Sponsored

OP
OP
ShockerRacing

ShockerRacing

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
The thing I hate the most is I can't afford one.
Lol, the gas mileage and price are the two most obvious problems with the 392!

2nd 392

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee srt.V10 Dodge 4x
After living with the Wrangler 392 I have to say it is an amazing Jeep, something they should have offered a long time ago. But lets be honest, there are a few things lacking with it that Jeep could have easily addressed. I am curious to hear what you all think about your 392 so far and if you have any complaints besides the price and the gas mileage! For me, I thought it looked ridiculous with the lift and 33" tires but that was an easy fix that 99% of us planned to change immediately anyway. Things I feel Jeep should have included were better brakes, like the SRT Mopars get, and the suspension/handling just don't match the feel of the performance motor. Since day 1, I have been saying that the Wrangler 392 is confused because it doesn't know what it is! The motor makes it want to be a sports car, but the brakes and suspension can't keep up! Here is my cliché "things I hate" video where I discuss this more in detail and explain how I have addressed these issues:

Throw in no cylinder deactivation on off button like my 15 Grand Cherokee has.

OP
OP
ShockerRacing

ShockerRacing

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Throw in no cylinder deactivation on off button like my 15 Grand Cherokee has.
Oh wow, I didn’t know the Grand Cherokee had that option. That would be nice

Sponsored

OP
OP
ShockerRacing

ShockerRacing

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Standard equipment on my SRT.
They skimped on a bunch of things they include on SRT’s. Seems like it would have been a reasonably easy fix for most of this stuff they already have on SRT models.

Ct_Formula

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon JL, 2011 JK Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Self Employed
The good thing is, thanks you Shocker Racing we know what to do to get it as it should be ;)

I want to see how steering is going to be on my 392 XR when it comes in, before I do anything.

They skimped on a bunch of things they include on SRT’s. Seems like it would have been a reasonably easy fix for most of this stuff they already have on SRT models.

2nd 392

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee srt.V10 Dodge 4x
I hope there’s an easy fix like range technology for GM &F150.

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology

I've heard that a bunch of the "candy" will get added in the 2022 MY's as the 2021 was a rush-job to get released under COVID and supply chain challenges.

Sponsored

OP
OP
ShockerRacing

ShockerRacing

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
The good thing is, thanks you Shocker Racing we know what to do to get it as it should be ;)

I want to see how steering is going to be on my 392 XR when it comes in, before I do anything.
I will be interested to hear as well. Does anyone know if the XR still gets 7.5” wide wheels?

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
I will be interested to hear as well. Does anyone know if the XR still gets 7.5” wide wheels?
8” standard mode and 8.5” in beadlock

OP
OP
ShockerRacing

ShockerRacing

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I've heard that a bunch of the "candy" will get added in the 2022 MY's as the 2021 was a rush-job to get released under COVID and supply chain challenges.
I wonder if they will make a true “SRT” version eventually.

GrayHawk20

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
*See Signature for Info*
Occupation
(Architectural) Jr. Project Coordinator
Vehicle Showcase
Gonna have to watch...Ordered my 392 earlier this month and now is D1 status, hope the things I hate videos isn't to harsh on my 392 dreams lol