New Raptor Load Range C 37s?

WhyBerg

First Name
Shaun
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
Appreciate the replies! I was worried about 35s looking not quite enough and frankly, the weight was so similar it seemed worth it.
Sponsored

CarbonSteel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Wildtrak
Vehicle Showcase
Appreciate the replies! I was worried about 35s looking not quite enough and frankly, the weight was so similar it seemed worth it.
OK, so I'll be that guy. I think, yes, you can run 35's or 37's with 4.10 gears, but it is far from optimum, particularly if you have the 3.6L.

I ran 33's and then 35's with 4.10's and lost 8th gear on anything that was not flat. I would lose 7th on inclines and head winds. It constantly up and downshifted to the point of being a real PITA.

I re-geared to 4.88 and initially ran 35's with them and it was great. Stays in 8th like it should and has proper torque. I upgraded to the 37" BFG's and lost a little torque, but it is still FAR better than 4.10s.

These are "short" 37's and thus far work great with the 4.88's. For standard 37's, I would look to 5.13's and call it good.

alksion

First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon 392, 21 Sahara Altitude
Occupation
Biz Owner
OK, so I'll be that guy. I think, yes, you can run 35's or 37's with 4.10 gears, but it is far from optimum, particularly if you have the 3.6L.

I ran 33's and then 35's with 4.10's and lost 8th gear on anything that was not flat. I would lose 7th on inclines and head winds. It constantly up and downshifted to the point of being a real PITA.

I re-geared to 4.88 and initially ran 35's with them and it was great. Stays in 8th like it should and has proper torque. I upgraded to the 37" BFG's and lost a little torque, but it is still FAR better than 4.10s.

These are "short" 37's and thus far work great with the 4.88's. For standard 37's, I would look to 5.13's and call it good.
Wondering how 3.73s with the 392 HEMI will be. Iā€™ll find out soon enough.

CarbonSteel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Wondering how 3.73s with the 392 HEMI will be. Iā€™ll find out soon enough.
LOL - with the torque of a V8, I doubt you would have issues running 3.45 gears. You will be fine just like the 2.0T will have less issues than the 3.6L

alksion

First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Biz Owner
LOL - with the torque of a V8, I doubt you would have issues running 3.45 gears. You will be fine just like the 2.0T will have less issues than the 3.6L
Sweet looking forward to getting them installed.

Sponsored

WhyBerg

First Name
Shaun
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon

Thereā€™s always gotta be oneā€¦lol.

for what itā€™s worth, I felt like 8th wasnā€™t happening all that often on road trips anyways. Any blip of the throttle and it didnā€™t stay there, so Iā€™m not sure how much Iā€™ll miss itā€¦at least thatā€™s how Iā€™m thinking now.

Guess this is a ā€˜try it and find outā€™ type of thing, just wish it was a bit less expensiveā€¦although Iā€™m pretty sure I gave that thought up when I bought it!

jerseymike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport S

Iā€™ll second this, I went to light 35s and it was ok with stock 3.73 (I have a gladiator) but really needed a regear to 4.88. With 4.88s it is awesome.

CarbonSteel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
@thread - what pressures are you guys running on these BFG's? I find they are "bouncier" than the Kanati's I had. I am running 32PSI and I have not had a chance to do a chalk test, but was curious as to what all of you are doing.

jlang

First Name
JDawg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL Punk'D Rubicon
Occupation
Semi-Retired
@thread - what pressures are you guys running on these BFG's? I find they are "bouncier" than the Kanati's I had. I am running 32PSI and I have not had a chance to do a chalk test, but was curious as to what all of you are doing.
Im at 30psi

CarbonSteel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Im at 30psi
Thanks--just lowered all 4 to 30 and will see how it rides. I plan to do a chalk test later today.

Sponsored

CarbonSteel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I put about 100 miles on them today on the highway at speeds between 65 and 75. Hands down these are the quietest all terrain tires I have ever had--a real joy to drive.

At 30PSI they are still a little bouncy, but that is because they warm up to 33 or 34. I did not get to do a chalk test, but will tomorrow if the weather cooperates. I plan to try 28 to see if they level off at 30PSI when they are warm.

plex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Weekend keyboard mechanic and beer drinker
Vehicle Showcase
I used to be "oh the new 8-speed auto and 4.10 handle everything just fine" kind of person, I swear I will never regear because it is a totally waste of money.

Until I regear, there is a huge difference after regearing, in terms of how the Jeep handling acceleration and cruising, it is not just about 8th gear and mpg.

The Pentastar V6 has a notorious torque and HP curve, it started flat, and ended flat. It is actually not an optimal choice for an off-road vehicle. Regear helps a lot by giving some power in the lower end.

Besides, now I get 20 mpg on highway, yes 20 mpg with 37 and tons of gears (winch, hi-jack, roof rack, etc.) I hit myself everyday why not do this earlier.

alksion

First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Biz Owner
I put about 100 miles on them today on the highway at speeds between 65 and 75. Hands down these are the quietest all terrain tires I have ever had--a real joy to drive.

At 30PSI they are still a little bouncy, but that is because they warm up to 33 or 34. I did not get to do a chalk test, but will tomorrow if the weather cooperates. I plan to try 28 to see if they level off at 30PSI when they are warm.
So happy to hear. Mine are shipping from Boston to California. Now what to do with the brand new tires coming on my 392? Keep them and put them on my wifeā€™s Sahara when her tires get old or keep them and put them on my turtle back trailer?

Kingpre

First Name
Pedro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Sting Gray, 2013 JKU Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
I used to be "oh the new 8-speed auto and 4.10 handle everything just fine" kind of person, I swear I will never regear because it is a totally waste of money.

Until I regear, there is a huge difference after regearing, in terms of how the Jeep handling acceleration and cruising, it is not just about 8th gear and mpg.

The Pentastar V6 has a notorious torque and HP curve, it started flat, and ended flat. It is actually not an optimal choice for an off-road vehicle. Regear helps a lot by giving some power in the lower end.

Besides, now I get 20 mpg on highway, yes 20 mpg with 37 and tons of gears (winch, hi-jack, roof rack, etc.) I hit myself everyday why not do this earlier.
What did you regear to?