Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Following Ford’s announcement today of more contingency plans and production delays, this post on Bronco6G captures the general mood among Bronco customers.

Attention passengers please take your seats Ford has everything under control.
Jeep Wrangler JL TFL Tommy talks... Do I Regret Buying My Brand New Jeep Wrangler After Living With The New Ford Bronco For a Week? 46C1D6C7-DF56-4358-9C4E-88134DBDA8BB

😫
Sponsored

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
Ford also announced plans to reduce color options. something as amiss in Dearborn, MI. Between this, the roll outs of the 2021 F150 and Maverick and the issues with the 2018 and up 5.0s, all of it points to a leadership/moral issue in my opinion.

https://www.thedrive.com/news/41916/2022-ford-bronco-could-drop-a-few-color-options

An article I read earlier about the hardtops pretty much sums them all up as bad. Not just the finish on them, but the design of the removable roof panels.

Last edited:

Outrun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392XR
Again, because the XtremeRecon is a reactionary move to the Bronco (vs a properly planned product), it is a 1/2 measure and full of limitations. For example it is not available on a 2-door JL.

The 4.88 gears are only available on a manual. (again, simply reactionary to claim a better crawl ratio on ONE variant 3.6/manual).

Ford is making 35s/4.7gears available on 2-doors/4-doors/any trim. That is a big difference.

And their Rubicon equivalent (Warthog?) will be sporting 37s in short order.

P.S. Nice recap of the evolution of the Wrangler off-road capabilities on your post. Nice to have it all in one place. And, yes, off course the Wrangler has improved since 2003. But what you described are very incremental changes (nothing wrong with that), not massive leaps in capability.

Making 37" tires and incredibly sophisticated shocks available from the factory (like Ford is doing in Raptor37 and supposedly soon on Warthog) is a massive leap. And great for the off-road community.
Who was Ram TRX?

Outrun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392XR
I like the Bronco.

But don't come here quoting Warthog specs. Ford can't even reliably deliver the Bronco. I'm not interested in talking about some fantasy version that doesn't even exist yet.
He's living in fantasy land or being deliberately obtuse.
Keeps on talking about vehicles that don't exist. Maybe Jeep has an answer up their sleeve to the Warthog.

Sponsored

gato

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
You're spreading some really bad info here, as it's extremely far from "all". You'll find there are plenty of states that don't even require fenders, except with commercial vehicles. Here's a site that will help:
https://www.liftlaws.com/
While enforcement varies wildly, most of us live or will travel through a state that requires that the fenders cover the thread of the tire.

The point was that OEMs have to produce vehicles that comply. They don't have the option to just let it hang out.

Jeep, again because the Xtreme recon was a reactionary afterthought, had to come up with an additional 1.5" lip on the fenders to accommodate 35s.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
All comparisons between Wrangler and Bronco are heretofore suspended until Ford gets Bronco back into production in 2022... 😫

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
And for those who don’t like fenders or like a lot of “poke”. Don’t cry when your windshield get s cracked. The 2 biggest offenders for rock throwing are gravel trucks and those who run wide tires with a lot of “poke”.

Rico1111

First Name
Rico
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon 2 door JL
Following Ford’s announcement today of more contingency plans and production delays, this post on Bronco6G captures the general mood among Bronco customers.

Attention passengers please take your seats Ford has everything under control.
Jeep Wrangler JL TFL Tommy talks... Do I Regret Buying My Brand New Jeep Wrangler After Living With The New Ford Bronco For a Week? C493AC43-1D1A-4C68-9792-8E752C4E57F3

😫
OMG I think I laughed out loud for 5 minutes watching and re-watching this

Sponsored

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
In its latest video, TFL compares the new Bronco to Ram TRX.

Two things that struck me:
  1. Bronco looks very comfortable, totally at ease on the trail...as long as there’s no Wrangler nearby. The moment you see a Wrangler articulate, Bronco starts to seem a bit arthritic
  2. Bronco looks a lot better with that aftermarket soft top by Bestop. A 2-door Bronco with that soft top would be a real looker

Pingbling23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sahara 3.6 eTorque
Watched a video last night of a 4runner trd pro vs a bronco on the trails. I was surprised with how good the 4Runner did in relation to bronco. Every video i watch of the bronco, i am so annoyed by all the beeps and chimes it makes. Can that not be turned off when wheeling?

T Town

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Spaceship
Watched a video last night of a 4runner trd pro vs a bronco on the trails. I was surprised with how good the 4Runner did in relation to bronco. Every video i watch of the bronco, i am so annoyed by all the beeps and chimes it makes. Can that not be turned off when wheeling?
I know they can be turned off on the screen but will need to be done again if the car is turned off then on again.
Some of the GOAT modes are for off road only. I don’t know if the chimes are turned off automatically if you use those.
I have watched videos and when the sta-bar disconnect is pushed it chimes but from then on when it goes on and off automatically it doesn’t chime anymore. It flips on and off at 20MPH.

Zandcwhite

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jlur
The Goodyear Territories on the Bronco are a brand new design. I have not driven them, nor have I seen any comparison tests vs the best tire that you can get on Sport or Sahara (or even Rubicon).

Again - those 35" Goodyear Territories are available on every model. 2-door, 4-door, base to Badlands. How do they compare with the best tires that Jeep offers on the Sport or Sahara?

As to you running 38s on your Rubicon or I running 37s on mine, that is not very relevant to comparing to factory options which anyone can order with full warranties. For example, I bet your 38s stick out of your fenders, making them illegal in most (if not all) states. Also, if your axle snaps with those 38s you'd have no warranty recourse.

Properly engineered factory options like the 37s on the Raptor and 35s on the Bronco, are a completely different thing than aftermarket untested modifications.
Like those properly engineered tops? The folding frames on the first Gen raptors? The 6.0 superdutys? The auto trans in the 2013 and up focus? Calling the xtreme recon reactionary to Ford's entire design copy and one-upsmanship of the jeep is a stretch. It's easy to design a vehicle to just beat known specs of your competitor over a 3 year period, but apparently producing said vehicle is pretty damn hard(or maybe it's a Ford thing). The extreme recon showed just how easy it is to add 35's to a Rubicon and one up Ford in everything they tried so hard to do over 3 years. Approach, departure, and breakover angles? Check. Ground clearance? Check. Water fording? Check. Articulation? So far beyond the 3 wheel motion of the Bronco that I'd rather wheel a base model sport.

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
In a recent video, there seemed to be repeated beeps and chimes whenever a locker or drive mode change was requested by the driver. At least, every time the camera person was near the drivers side during the button push. All while in 4lo.
Sponsored