Sponsored

Arizona owners - please check in!

Cypher

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Eco-Diesel now. 18, 19, 20 JLUR 3.6 old.
Occupation
Cybersecurity Leader
Vehicle Showcase
Hey, don’t threaten me with a good time! 🤪

We just got rid of our can am x3, which we used a lot for rock crawling and exploring, so we’re no strangers to high pucker factor levels. Looking forward to getting the thing out and letting her stretch her legs! 😊
We nicknamed the trail the Devils Goat Trail... Calling it a trail at times was pushing it. Literally going up a path on the edge of a cliff / mountain that is not more than an inch or so wider than the jeep. Oh, that part was also at night, and a few of us were low enough on has to worry. (Not on a "known" trail. We were breakinn new trail using old forest road maps.

Screenshot_20210814-083740_Chrome.jpg
Sponsored

snapper692

First Name
Toby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon (JLU)
Man, that sounds like a hell of a trail!! :)

Cypher

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Eco-Diesel now. 18, 19, 20 JLUR 3.6 old.
Occupation
Cybersecurity Leader
Vehicle Showcase
Man, that sounds like a hell of a trail!! :)
We all joke about going back... I have an eco-diesel this time so range anxiety should not be one of my concerns at least. the narrow shelf road with major brush is still an issue though.

The problem is that it may not be passable. all it will take is a down tree on the back side and we would be in trouble. the path back out may be too far on a tank of gas. since these are not maintained trails, its a crapshoot. But I think I could get a few willing to go back of there is interest. Most are no longer active on here though, have moved into various forums on Facebook. the old run pictures and reviews are in the four corners off-road adventures group.

TrailSnail

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JL Unlimited Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
Today was an awesome day to do a casual run over Four Peaks. I took my dad and the dogs; we all enjoyed every minute of it.

The Trail Snail needs bigger rubber... these little baby tires drop into ruts my old tires would've just rolled over, and we scraped something (haven't looked under to see what yet) pretty badly going through a badly washed out section of the trail. I didn't feel it should have been an issue at all, but I'm still figuring this Jeep thing out.

Jeep Wrangler JL Arizona owners - please check in! 0814211437a-01
Jeep Wrangler JL Arizona owners - please check in! 0814211438b-01
Jeep Wrangler JL Arizona owners - please check in! 0814211400_HDR-01
Jeep Wrangler JL Arizona owners - please check in! 0814211558a-01

0814211558a-01.jpeg

beachbumm78

First Name
Kristy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 bikini blue Rubicon
Occupation
Athletic trainer & Massage therapist
Vehicle Showcase
Today was an awesome day to do a casual run over Four Peaks. I took my dad and the dogs; we all enjoyed every minute of it.

The Trail Snail needs bigger rubber... these little baby tires drop into ruts my old tires would've just rolled over, and we scraped something (haven't looked under to see what yet) pretty badly going through a badly washed out section of the trail. I didn't feel it should have been an issue at all, but I'm still figuring this Jeep thing out.

Looks fun! Haven’t been out there since the fire destroyed so much but I’ve heard seeing all the rocks is awesome!

Sponsored

beachbumm78

First Name
Kristy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 bikini blue Rubicon
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
We all joke about going back... I have an eco-diesel this time so range anxiety should not be one of my concerns at least. the narrow shelf road with major brush is still an issue though.

The problem is that it may not be passable. all it will take is a down tree on the back side and we would be in trouble. the path back out may be too far on a tank of gas. since these are not maintained trails, its a crapshoot. But I think I could get a few willing to go back of there is interest. Most are no longer active on here though, have moved into various forums on Facebook. the old run pictures and reviews are in the four corners off-road adventures group.
Sounds like it definitely would be a hell of a trail after all these monsoons through there. I can only imagine. I’ve gone back that way a little heading up towards China Dam.
was on a trail off Cow Creek road, passing by Gold hill, hit a steep decline of loose rock/shale heading into the dry creek bed. Decided to turn around as was exploring solo and didn’t want to chance it. Couldn’t walk down the decline without sliding it was that steep. Lol. Been wanting to get back out there and explore more.

TrailSnail

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JL Unlimited Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
Looks fun! Haven’t been out there since the fire destroyed so much but I’ve heard seeing all the rocks is awesome!
With all the rain there's a ton of new growth, if it weren't for the large trees in certain areas you wouldn't even know about the burn. It was the prettiest I've seen it out there in many, many years. Crystal clear air, visibility all the way to Aztec Peak. We had the Freedom Panels off... in August. Plus, my old man and I hardly ever get to spend any time together. All around, it was the best day I've had in a long time.

beachbumm78

First Name
Kristy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 bikini blue Rubicon
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
With all the rain there's a ton of new growth, if it weren't for the large trees in certain areas you wouldn't even know about the burn. It was the prettiest I've seen it out there in many, many years. Crystal clear air, visibility all the way to Aztec Peak. We had the Freedom Panels off... in August. Plus, my old man and I hardly ever get to spend any time together. All around, it was the best day I've had in a long time.
That sounds awesome. It’s rare you can get those off in august usually so hot. Great y’all had a day like that

Sponsored

JL MADDOG

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL 2.0L Turbo
Occupation
Jeepin'
How’d it go? Where did you go?
It went great. The Wrangler performed well, the navigation linked up with the satellite receiver so we were able to watch our progress on our tablet, airing down and back up again went off without a hitch, etc.... I have a couple of interior rattles to deal with along with a wonky 67 Designs dash mount arm that wants to rotate in place. I really liked how the Toyo ATIII tires managed the deeper sand areas.

We went up Box Canyon outside of Florence. It is an easy trail with just enough rock, sand, ledges and hard pack to exercise the suspension and lube up the transfer case. Not to mention it is a good trail for this noob to try on his first exploration.

TrailSnail

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JL Unlimited Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
It went great. The Wrangler performed well, the navigation linked up with the satellite receiver so we were able to watch our progress on our tablet, airing down and back up again went off without a hitch, etc.... I have a couple of interior rattles to deal with along with a wonky 67 Designs dash mount arm that wants to rotate in place. I really liked how the Toyo ATIII tires managed the deeper sand areas.

We went up Box Canyon outside of Florence. It is an easy trail with just enough rock, sand, ledges and hard pack to exercise the suspension and lube up the transfer case. Not to mention it is a good trail for this noob to try on his first exploration.
The Willys looks great!! We should link up and hit a trail sometime. Are those the 35x11.50 Toyos and did you tackle the waterfall towards the end of the trail?
Sponsored