Sponsored

dcferris

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 Corvette, 2018 durango, 2020 ram 2500 megacab
I'm still slightly confused on this. I was planning on ordering a 2021 JL Sport S this weekend August 7th (I work during the week). Does this mean that I now cannot make that order? Or will the 2022's be available to order? Or will I just have to wait longer for delivery from the factory? What do these numbers mean as a regular customer?
I ordered my Son's 2.0 Willys about 1.5 weeks ago. I got an email from Jeep on Saturday. They gave me an estimated delivery of November 23. But a bunch of options that was showing up on-line were not available to the dealer.
Sponsored

Joebuffalo72

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUWS, 2004 Tracker, 2008 Silverado
I ordered my Son's 2.0 Willys about 1.5 weeks ago. I got an email from Jeep on Saturday. They gave me an estimated delivery of November 23. But a bunch of options that was showing up on-line were not available to the dealer.
I ordered a Willys Unlimited on 5/22/21 and have got nothing but run around from Jeep chat and the dealer since. Today is the first time they admitted that they no idea when my Jeep will be built. I bought my first new Jeep in 1991, and almost a dozen more since, but 30 years of being a customer means jackshit to FCA. I really feel like just walking away and keeping my current Jeep forever.

FCA should really make all the pending '21s into '22s. Why should we all suffer depreciation at the hands of their lies and BS? Or maybe free extended warranties...I dunno...SOMETHING for our trouble would be nice while they hold ALL of our deposit money earning them interest!

Cowboy from hell

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Dr Rubicon hydro pearl 6 speed
Yeah my dealer promised I would be driving my new Rubicon by October 1...ordered 7\15. I was in touch with jeep cares and they stated my jeep won't be ready until January 2022!!....I will wait but can't wait to see what my dealer will give me for over promising and under delivering... Im gonna ask for $1500 off price or throw in a set of 35" tires free of charge.... Will see

Monster1926

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Silverado 2500HD midnight
Yeah my dealer promised I would be driving my new Rubicon by October 1...ordered 7\15. I was in touch with jeep cares and they stated my jeep won't be ready until January 2022!!....I will wait but can't wait to see what my dealer will give me for over promising and under delivering... Im gonna ask for $1500 off price or throw in a set of 35" tires free of charge.... Will see
Is it in writing? Delivered by?

YJherJLhim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 YJ and 18 JL Rubicon Unlimited
Is it odd that Jeep is still building 21s this late in the year and offering Limited Colors and Xtreme Recon etc? Why not build 22s?

on fence about ordering a Tuscadero Rubicon for my wife now and curious if something is coming for 22?

Sponsored

Hotspots

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Sport S 2-Door
Is it odd that Jeep is still building 21s this late in the year and offering Limited Colors and Xtreme Recon etc? Why not build 22s?

on fence about ordering a Tuscadero Rubicon for my wife now and curious if something is coming for 22?
Just ordered my Sport S 2-Door! I got it in Hydro Blue. Estimated delivery is 2-3 months. My dealership got in contact with the GM for the area and he said there is currently no set end date for model year 2021. I also got in contact with an FCA rep and they said the same thing. Most of Jeep's lineup is still MY21. I could easily see this going into late November until the 22's come out.

From a manufacturer standpoint, I'm guessing they haven't turned over to MY22 because nothing has really changed. The 22's will be almost identical to the 21's. But yeah, I agree it is a little odd they are still rollin' out 21's without even a set end date. At this point just call them 22's and make us feel a little better for waiting so long.

The Tuscadero is definitely an interesting toss into the rotation. I don't think we'll see anything big for 22, but I do think Jeep will have something big for 23 or 24. Especially the Rubi. Only problem is Tuscadero is one of those wild colors they throw in for a short time, maybe only about 4 or 5 months or so. I don't see them keeping the color longer than early 2022 so if she likes the pink then pull the trigger and that sounds like a really nice holiday present to me! ;)

JeepViking13

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Willys Xtreme Recon 2022 Ford Bronco
Just ordered my Sport S 2-Door! I got it in Hydro Blue. Estimated delivery is 2-3 months. My dealership got in contact with the GM for the area and he said there is currently no set end date for model year 2021. I also got in contact with an FCA rep and they said the same thing. Most of Jeep's lineup is still MY21. I could easily see this going into late November until the 22's come out.

From a manufacturer standpoint, I'm guessing they haven't turned over to MY22 because nothing has really changed. The 22's will be almost identical to the 21's. But yeah, I agree it is a little odd they are still rollin' out 21's without even a set end date. At this point just call them 22's and make us feel a little better for waiting so long.

The Tuscadero is definitely an interesting toss into the rotation. I don't think we'll see anything big for 22, but I do think Jeep will have something big for 23 or 24. Especially the Rubi. Only problem is Tuscadero is one of those wild colors they throw in for a short time, maybe only about 4 or 5 months or so. I don't see them keeping the color longer than early 2022 so if she likes the pink then pull the trigger and that sounds like a really nice holiday present to me! ;)
The more I think about it the more I disagree with the sentiment that Jeep won't be making any changes for 2022. I think they are. Which is why I'm waiting.

With the inception of the new Ford Bronco and its specs being released last Summer in July you can bet Jeep went over it with a fine tooth comb and planned for changes in the 2022 Model.

Its already showing up in late 2021 with the addition with the "Recon package" directly aimed at the Sasquatch package. Other things to watch out for that will come in 2022 is a lager standard infotainment screen, mirror relocation and other options being available like an option for rear locker for the Willys package.

They are not going to sleep on the Bronco stealing some of the spot light with its upgrades over the Jeep. I'm really hoping Jeep does something with the B pillar speaker cross bar that steals the open air view especially for the rear passengers. I really think that why it's taking longer they need to iron out all the changes.

I'm waiting for the 2022s. Because if they do make any of these changes people will be kicking themselves for ordering a late 2021. I know i would be. JMO

At this point it worth the wait and see....

Hotspots

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Sport S 2-Door
The more I think about it the more I disagree with the sentiment that Jeep won't be making any changes for 2022. I think they are. Which is why I'm waiting.

With the inception of the new Ford Bronco and its specs being released last Summer in July you can bet Jeep went over it with a fine tooth comb and planned for changes in the 2022 Model.

Its already showing up in late 2021 with the addition with the "Recon package" directly aimed at the Sasquatch package. Other things to watch out for that will come in 2022 is a lager standard infotainment screen, mirror relocation and other options being available like an option for rear locker for the Willys package.

They are not going to sleep on the Bronco stealing some of the spot light with its upgrades over the Jeep. I'm really hoping Jeep does something with the B pillar speaker cross bar that steals the open air view especially for the rear passengers. I really think that why it's taking longer they need to iron out all the changes.

I'm waiting for the 2022s. Because if they do make any of these changes people will be kicking themselves for ordering a late 2021. I know i would be. JMO

At this point it worth the wait and see....
To each's own I suppose. If all that appeals to you then yeah that sounds great! More changes is more money though. I guess it all depends how each individual wants to spec out their rig. I'm happy with my choice and those upgrades don't interest me anyways. The OP of this thread did mention that she had kids and wanted the Willys though!

YJherJLhim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So I ordered a Tuscadero Rubicon with XR Package for my wife, because it most likely wonā€™t be around long. I do find it odd Jeep is adding Limited Edition colors amd things like the XR Package and new Factory Sunrider Hardtop Top this late in the model year.
Why not just call them 22s?

Makes me think something new is coming, so if it wasnā€™t for the Tuscadeo I would have waited.

But what the heck to I know!!

dgoodhue

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 80th JLU
Not really. Here at prior year order guides release dates, which should correspond to the order opening dates. Jeep built out the model year orders for about 2 months after. So last year was the only that next model year (2021) was built in august.

2018 10/16/2017
2019 9/11/2018
2020 7/2/2019
2021 6/4/2020

2020 is 10/5/2020

Sponsored

Cjanak21

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon XR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Cyber Security Consultant
I'm still slightly confused on this. I was planning on ordering a 2021 JL Sport S this weekend August 7th (I work during the week). Does this mean that I now cannot make that order? Or will the 2022's be available to order? Or will I just have to wait longer for delivery from the factory? What do these numbers mean as a regular customer?
You can order a ā€˜21 this week stillā€¦ ā€˜22s will not be available to order until first week or so of October

Jfmoore79

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Rubicon 2 Door - Just Ordered!
I talked to my dealer today about an order for a JLUR with 2.0. Not available until MY22. Only 2 doors with 2.0 can be ordered now. I sold my weekend car today and was wanting order ASAP but I guess I landed in the middle of a MY close out . Sucks big time!

Hearhear

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus, 392 XR Wrangler
But the big question is (for me at least)- will there be a 392 hemi option for model year 2022? Someone in another thread said no, definitively, but Iā€™m just not sure. Would be real nice to get a 2022 hemi 392 with a bigger infotainment screen.

YJherJLhim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not really. Here at prior year order guides release dates, which should correspond to the order opening dates. Jeep built out the model year orders for about 2 months after. So last year was the only that next model year (2021) was built in august.

2018 10/16/2017
2019 9/11/2018
2020 7/2/2019
2021 6/4/2020

2020 is 10/5/2020
Have not been into Jeeps that long so didnā€™t realize. Thanks for the education.

so I guess the adding of Xtreme Recon Package, Limited Edition Colors and Sunrider Flip Hardtop now Could be aimed at Bronco? Jeep figures they could add these now and take sales away from people sliding to a Bronco?

RisingEagle

First Name
Armond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL 4DR Ocean Blue Rubicon
I ordered a 2-door JL rubicon with 2.0, auto, led lights, hard top, upgraded stereo, and tow package in sarge green on 9aug. I just got an email from dealer yesterday that he got a scheduled build date of 23aug
That sounds exceptionally lucky for me; two weeks from order date to build

last Jeep I waited over 3 months

maybe theyā€™re just trying to clear the backlog?
Sponsored