Sponsored
Status
Not open for further replies.

T Town

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Spaceship
So what? Why are we giving Ford participation medals for trying to release a new truck? It’s Ford. And it’s a truck. I think they know how to design a truck.
I’m not passing judgement or taking a side or anything I’m simply giving out what I think is correct information when I see someone make a statement that I think is incorrect. Honestly I let much of what I see just pass into history but today I saw a lot of stuff in a row.
I’m only passing on what I read on the inter webs. I could be incorrect. I have no inside info.
I also have no horse in this race. I don’t own or have ordered a Wrangler or a Bronco.
Sponsored

Rogue Toad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLU Rubicon
Um, because the Bronco Sport is very strongly based on an existing vehicle, the Escape. The Bronco is much more a brand new vehicle, which is a lot harder than badge-engineering.
During the same time period, Jeep launched the 4xe and 392 instead of making excuses.

And those are all new vehicles? You clearly don’t know wtf you are even talking about.

rallydefault

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport S
The former is to be expected too. These outlets know where their bread is buttered. Much like how a PS4 owner shouldn’t trust IGN’s 9.0 rating for Cyberpunk 2077... consumers should be wary of glowing reviews of new vehicles, early access to which pays the salaries of certain media outlets.
Sorry, my friend. A bit too conspiratorial for my tastes.

Yes, some large outlets that do reviews in various markets take kickbacks and expense-paid trips and such, and some definitely allow that to color their reviews. But there are also plenty of outlets and smaller publications, blogs, etc. that are respected for their candid comments. The Bronco has been reviewed by big and small, and the overall takeaway is that it's a solid vehicle. (Reliability is obviously something that has yet to be seen.)

But you do you. Under your logic, you shouldn't believe anything from anyone. In my opinion, that's an exhausting way to live your life, but it's not my life lol

HungryHound

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 CJ-5, 1983 CJ-5, 1998 TJ, 2021 JLURe
And those are all new vehicles? You clearly don’t know wtf you are even talking about.
Ummm.....you ever even been to an assembly plant? Covid and Chip shortages should have nothing to do with launch, only production. Jeeps were produced but Broncos were not. There's model year changes and new vehicles produced all the time, but not as poorly-executed as the Bronco. If you don't agree it was a piss poor launch, then you're probably the guy that screwed it all up and covering yer arse!

Sponsored

HungryHound

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I also have no horse in this race. I don’t own or have ordered a Wrangler or a Bronco.
So why the f-- you on here? You just like trolling random forums and stirring up sh!t?

T Town

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Spaceship
So why the f-- you on here? You just like trolling random forums and stirring up sh!t?
Oh boy. Strong reactions.
I’m curious about Jeeps, Broncos, etc. I’m already up to my neck buying a new van so there is no way I’m getting another vehicle for at least a few years.
People are strange on all these forums. One guy thinks folks are spies. Another cusses #because troll. Whatever happened to being nice to other people? I’m not out to score points or anything. I have no stake in this. I’m a bystander offering information if you want it. Or if you don’t.
What have I ever said to offend?

Rogue Toad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLU Rubicon
Ummm.....you ever even been to an assembly plant? Covid and Chip shortages should have nothing to do with launch, only production. Jeeps were produced but Broncos were not. There's model year changes and new vehicles produced all the time, but not as poorly-executed as the Bronco.
I spent a good portion of my career in the auto industry, have designed and launched engines, worked in both machining and assembly plants, and have run automotive supply companies. I have worked with Chrysler, Ford, GM, Aston Martin, and Mercedes. So yea, I've been to an assembly plant and know a little about what goes on behind the scenes with vehicle launches.

You say Covid and Chip shortages should have nothing to do with launches, only production. What do you think a launch is? It's Job-1 for production. You don't launch anything until you are ready to produce it. Otherwise the engine plant, transmission plant, assembly plant, and all the suppliers are just sitting on their hands. Covid caused numerous suppliers to have problems with material shortages, labor shortages, various suppliers were deemed "non essential" and where shut down for a period of time last spring, etc. ...and the chip shortage definitely impacted the situation as well.

As I said, you know nothing about what you are talking about, and are proving it more and more with each post.

Reply if you want, but I'm done feeding trolls.

DUNE RAP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep JL 2DR RUBICON
Respectable write up! I’ll be keeping my JL Rubicon! It’s just an amazing vehicle!

Sponsored

HungryHound

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I spent a good portion of my career in the auto industry, have designed and launched engines, worked in both machining and assembly plants, and have run automotive supply companies. I have worked with Chrysler, Ford, GM, Aston Martin, and Mercedes. So yea, I've been to an assembly plant and know a little about what goes on behind the scenes with vehicle launches.

You say Covid and Chip shortages should have nothing to do with launches, only production. What do you think a launch is? It's Job-1 for production. You don't launch anything until you are ready to produce it. Otherwise the engine plant, transmission plant, assembly plant, and all the suppliers are just sitting on their hands. Covid caused numerous suppliers to have problems with material shortages, labor shortages, various suppliers were deemed "non essential" and where shut down for a period of time last spring, etc. ...and the chip shortage definitely impacted the situation as well.

As I said, you know nothing about what you are talking about, and are proving it more and more with each post.

Reply if you want, but I'm done feeding trolls.
So I disagree, I'm a troll? You're missing the point. If covid and chips are to blame for the Bronco launch failure, then it would also affect every other vehicle build, but the Jeeps keep coming. Bronco is not present because of a poorly-executed launch. Read more, infer less, and you may be a happier person.

Stormin’ Moorman

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR, 20 JLUR, 21 JL, 21 GCL, 89 YJ, 04 LJ
Occupation
Forester
Vehicle Showcase
Stick with me here, because there is a relative point.

My mother-in-law just recently bought a condo. The previous owner must've forgotten obout the several large boxes in the attic, and apparently there's no forwarding address. They were all filled with old school girls dolls and toys. Each one in its own protective box, if not still in the original packaging. Obviously, a collector. Amongst them were about 30-40 colorful My Little Pony horse things. F'ing creepy the way they just stand there smiling with those eyes that follow you around the room. Anyways, when 2nd mom was asking whatever should she do with them, I couldn't help but thinking about putting them on Broncos that I might eventually see out in the wild. "Ponying", it'll be called. I think we're stuck with the ducking.
You know that’s going to be a thing

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
I found this spy shot of the bronco r&d departments inspiration for the quick change fenders
Jeep Wrangler JL A Wrangler Owner/Enthusiast/Builder honest review of the 2021 Bronco -- long. 200w (1)
The dress standing there is kinda dirty Looking :LOL:

Status
Not open for further replies.