How long will Jeep offer the 392?

2nd 392

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee srt.V10 Dodge 4x
Jeep rep confirmed to the new car manager at my local dealership that the 392 is one year only. I guess we will see.
With the upcoming Bronco raptor with possibly 4-450 HP it’s highly unlikely.There is probably a better chance of a Mohave392 than cancellation.R&D cost etc. It will probably be built for at least a few years if not banned by the government
Sponsored

Outrun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392XR
If they only build it for one year I'd imagine they will be worth a bunch more than what was paid for those who have them.

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR 392 XR, '21 JTR, '21 JLR, '09 JK
I hope they keep making them. I rather them keep making them than mine being worth some absurd amount over what I paid.

KJiv

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler 392 XR, 1996 Porsche 911
Any 2021 order for a Wrangler placed after 8/4 no matter if the order banks are open or not will be changed to a 2022 model when the order banks open.
Fleet order banks for 2021 models closed 4/8. Somehow this morphed into 8/4 and regular orders.

Hearhear

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus, 392 XR Wrangler
Jeep rep confirmed to the new car manager at my local dealership that the 392 is one year only. I guess we will see.

I just called my local Jeep dealer and he said they are still taking orders for 2021 model year 392's until late fall, then he doesn't know if it will still be available for 2022. He said he'd try and find out more information.

Sponsored

LooselyHeldPlans

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 3.6 JLUR
Occupation
Several
As long as margins are higher than the non-V8 and/or Jeep thinks it needs to compete for bragging rights against the Bronco.

That said, I hope it sticks around and may VERY seriously consider placing an order if we learn the run will be limited.

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR 392 XR, '21 JTR, '21 JLR, '09 JK
It would be weird if FCA dropped it given Ford will have a 400+ horsepower offering in the Bronco in the future.

OP
OP
MSparks909

MSparks909

First Name
Miles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon 3.0
It would be weird if FCA dropped it given Ford will have a 400+ horsepower offering in the Bronco in the future.
Gotta appease the EPA…🙃 Pretty sure Dodge is killing off Hellcats in 2024. Wouldn’t shock me if the 392 cars/Durango’s go the same way. If Jeep offers the 392 long enough to implement UConnect 5 with over the air updates and some other interior changes I will definitely order another one. Nothing screams compensation like two 392 Wranglers in the driveway lol

BobT

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack Shaker, 2013 Dart
I bought this Jeep for me
Not to resell or keep stock or in perfect condition.
Mind you, I am not going to abuse it or drive it like an idiot, but who cares how many they make? Who cares which badge it has on the tailgate? A 4 cylinder Jeep is loved by it's owner and holds value just like these will.
I believe that all of us here have made the best choice in vehicles, and when we get the 600 horsepower electric Wrangler we probably will be all over that too.
Just a rant, but it is my opinion.

alksion

First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon 392, 21 Sahara Altitude
Occupation
Biz Owner
In 2024 the Jeep 392 could become the new name for the extended battery they’ve managed to install in the Jeep, which will get 392 miles of electric range. A true homage to the 392 HEMI name :)

Sponsored

Higgs Boson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon
I bought this Jeep for me
Not to resell or keep stock or in perfect condition.
Mind you, I am not going to abuse it or drive it like an idiot, but who cares how many they make? Who cares which badge it has on the tailgate? A 4 cylinder Jeep is loved by it's owner and holds value just like these will.
I believe that all of us here have made the best choice in vehicles, and when we get the 600 horsepower electric Wrangler we probably will be all over that too.
Just a rant, but it is my opinion.
I think it's not so much about resell as much as it is about whether one needs to spring for the 392 now or can wait a year (or more).

SilverSurfer

First Name
Heinrich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon 3.6 8-speed Auto
I cannot see how the 392 will be available for more than two to three years.

If you have one/will be ordering one hold on to it.

To keep up with the HP race and meet emissions standards it is more likely that we will see a 2.5/3.0 turbo version in the future. I will not be surprised if the Ferarri based 2.9 turbo power plant, that is currently used in the Alfa Giulia QV, are used in future Wranglers. The Alfa 2.9 twin turbo produces 505 Hp and 443 Fp torque, it will scare any Ford produced Bronco for quite some time.

Young04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Earl 392
I cannot see how the 392 will be available for more than two to three years.

If you have one/will be ordering one hold on to it.

To keep up with the HP race and meet emissions standards it is more likely that we will see a 2.5/3.0 turbo version in the future. I will not be surprised if the Ferarri based 2.9 turbo power plant, that is currently used in the Alfa Giulia QV, are used in future Wranglers. The Alfa 2.9 twin turbo produces 505 Hp and 443 Fp torque, it will scare any Ford produced Bronco for quite some time.
A turbo 6 cyl is long overdue. Something that makes 330-350 hp needs to replace the Pentastar V6 (leave the current 2.0T as the base engine). This would compete with the 2.7T for the Bronco.

For the halo model though, not sure that the 2.9 V6 alone will work. I've driven it in the Stelvio and you have to wring it out to get power. I also own a BMW X3M Comp. (503hp from a twin turbo I6) and it's sort of the same thing. If they go that route, they may need to supplement with some sort of mild hybrid system to augment the low end grunt.

First Name
david
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 JKU Rubicon
You do know any order after 8/4 will be a 2022 year model right? So unless I am mistaken everyone who has placed orders after 8/4 for the 392 will be getting the second year run of a 392!!
i ordered mine on august 6...the build sheet says 2021......i did add the 35" recon package...we will see as she moves through the process

AcesandEights

First Name
Aces
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Rubicon 2D, with extra guacamole
Occupation
I'm often occupied, by many things, often at the same time
I hope Jeep always offers a naturally aspirated engine, V6 or V8. The horsepower wars are stupid in a Wrangler/Bronco. It's a marketing gimmick. Going with a turbo, or twin turbo, to gain horsepower in a Wrangler isn't worth the additional cost and maintenance. I worked for one of the largest dealer networks in the country, handling extended warranty claims, most for powertrain issues. I specifically chose a 3.6L after doing a lot of research on the power and reliability of the engine. Please, for the love of all that is holy, do not make me drive a turbo/twin turbo Wrangler. Bottom line is I'd rather have a I-4 with 150 hp than a Wrangler with a gas-powered turbo.
Sponsored