Sponsored

My first Jeep. 2021 JL Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon.

OP
OP
J.Ralston

J.Ralston

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited.
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Law Enforcement, Self Defense/Firearms Trainer, Professional Musician, Off Road Enthusiast.
If you're going to carry around 3 hi lifts, might I suggest getting some Peterbuilt springs? Seriously, those things are heavy. You'd be far better served, IMO, with something like a winch or even a come-along paired with a single high lift. Or a shovel.

You can always make an argument for redundancy, but you don't have infinite space or weight capacity. And the ultimate in recovery gear is wheeling with someone else. 2 Jeeps will always be better than one.
The suspension will get beefed up eventually. And I plan on getting a roof rack and other mounting options too. As far as other people who I may go out off roading with, that’s always an option too, if they want to take one in their vehicle. Just because I have 3, doesn’t necessarily mean I’ll always take 3. Definitely at least 2 but depending on the situation the only time that I may carry all 3 is if it is on those days when I’m helping stranded motorists. And I will have my Warn Zeon 12-S available too, or if it is an off road location where it may just be a friend and I in my Jeep and his Jeep or truck and I throw the third Hi Lift in Jeep or truck because of very remote places where we may be going and it never hurts to have that extra bit of redundancy.
Sponsored

OP
OP
J.Ralston

J.Ralston

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Law Enforcement, Self Defense/Firearms Trainer, Professional Musician, Off Road Enthusiast.
Redundancy is cool and I'm a big fan but hilifts are about the least likely thing to break. Get one 60", save the extra cash on the two others and get yourself a winch.... Or not! :fist bump:

Definitely post up when you're using multiples to get unstuck though! :rock:
I’ve already got them and I got my Warn Zeon 12-S as well.

Our oldest son works as a volunteer firefighter and EMT where he lives, which is even more remote than where we live. I also bought 3 in the event he also needs to use 1 too. The fire station he volunteers at does have equipment but they have a very small budget and are all volunteers so if I’m also able to help him or them out, I don’t mind doing that either.

Plus, there are a ton of farmers and ranchers where we live. Some of these guys have Hi Lift jacks that are decades old and occasionally something does eventually break in theirs. With a lot of things on back order, if I ever needed to help out one of them should that situation happen, it’s always nice to help one of them out. And they usually reciprocate with a nice steak dinner from one of their cows, because a majority of them grow cattle for a living and then keep 1 or 2 for themselves each year and those cows make very delicious steaks!

OP
OP
J.Ralston

J.Ralston

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Summer sucks right now!

I finally have my Warn winch mounting plate for my Warn Zeon 12-S winch. I also have a majority of my KC Hilites off road lights at my house as well. Although with them, I have still waiting on 2 more pairs (4 lights in total) of my KC Hilites Gravity Pro 6 LED off-road lights in the driving beam pattern to come in.

I am wanting to do the installation work on my Jeep of everything that has already come in for it but as of late, it has been much to crazy hot to want to be outside for any extended period of time. Worse yet, the front of our house, as well as the garage, face due West and as the sun starts setting, the front of our house gets even hotter from around noon time until the sun sets.

Where we live at has been pretty humid this summer. At almost 100% humidity and temperatures in the mid 90’s, to low 100’s. It seems like this year, that our weather went from winter straight into summer. Literally! One week we had lows of below freezing with highs into the low 40’s. The very next day we had temperatures ranging from the lows of high 60’s, to the highs of the low to mid 90’s and it hasn’t let up since.

As soon as I get a small window of opportunity and it’s on 1 or 2 of my days off, I’m going to take advantage of that small window and try and get as much of everything installed on my Jeep.

OP
OP
J.Ralston

J.Ralston

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Soon…

I have 2 more pairs of KC Hilites showing up at my house via UPS at some time later on today. They will be 2 more pairs of KC Hilites Gravity Pro 6 LED off road lights with either the driving or spread beam pattern? I don’t recall which ones that they are for sure but I’m almost 100% positive that they are the driving beam pattern lights.

Then, as soon as I get some slightly cooler weather on 1 or 2 of my days off on the weekends, I’ll then be able to finally get everything installed on my Jeep. But until then, I’ll just simply have to wait because I’m not going to do all of that work in the heat and humidity!

Jeep Wrangler JL My first Jeep. 2021 JL Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon. 3425D73B-C422-4C51-8CAA-E90751C7F5D3
Jeep Wrangler JL My first Jeep. 2021 JL Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon. C80FF54E-EAE9-49F1-93A1-8E212CE717F5

Odierub

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suburban
Soon…

I have 2 more pairs of KC Hilites showing up at my house via UPS at some time later on today. They will be 2 more pairs of KC Hilites Gravity Pro 6 LED off road lights with either the driving or spread beam pattern? I don’t recall which ones that they are for sure but I’m almost 100% positive that they are the driving beam pattern lights.

Then, as soon as I get some slightly cooler weather on 1 or 2 of my days off on the weekends, I’ll then be able to finally get everything installed on my Jeep. But until then, I’ll just simply have to wait because I’m not going to do all of that work in the heat and humidity!
Hey J.R. Good luck with the build. Appreciate your enthusiasm, awesome.

Take the dog for a Jeep ride. He looks ready to go!!!

Jeep Wrangler JL My first Jeep. 2021 JL Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon. C80FF54E-EAE9-49F1-93A1-8E212CE717F5

Sponsored

OP
OP
J.Ralston

J.Ralston

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
I’ll do that! Our dogs all love going for rides all the time and every chance that they get.🤣

OP
OP
J.Ralston

J.Ralston

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
The first dog is Jed, AKA Jedidiah Bocephus, AKA Dickhead Jed, because he’s a huge jerk sometimes but he is a really good guard dog.

The next dog is Bob. My 89 year old Father in-law passed away in April of 2020. Bob was his dog. Out of my wife and all her siblings, she spent the most time taking care of my Father in-law the last few years of his life. He started going down hill in late 2019 and then passed away peacefully at his home with all of his kids and other family members by his side. Because my wife spent the most time over at my Father in-laws house taking care of him, when he passed away, the family all agreed that we should take Bob to make things easier on him too because he had lost his best friend in life but he was also very close to my wife too. So now Bob is a permanent part of our family too.

The last dog is Baley. We have 4 kids that are all pretty much grown now. The youngest will be a Senior in high school this year though. Out of all of our 4 kids, we only have 1 girl. She will be 20 years old in November, works her butt off but still lived at home, which I am totally fine with. Because she’s my daughter, she has me wrapped around her little finger and she knows it! I think around 3 years ago she brought Baley home as a puppy and begged me to let her keep it. I’m a huge animal lover. Especially with dogs and I couldn’t say no so we ended up getting a companion for Jed. And Jed totally loves Baley. The 2 dogs are best friends but they also let Bob join the group last year too. With Baley, she is 1/2 Pitbull and 1/2 Boston Terrier, with her Dad being the Pitbull and her Mom being the Boston Terrier. I don’t quite know how the physics of that worked but somehow it did and now we have Baley as living proof.🤣
Jeep Wrangler JL My first Jeep. 2021 JL Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon. 97BB25D6-7C8B-4F30-A3BA-7F93DF3DCB56
Jeep Wrangler JL My first Jeep. 2021 JL Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon. E7D5233A-BF80-4947-9443-FDE37FA7132F
Jeep Wrangler JL My first Jeep. 2021 JL Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon. 1DD49D97-0897-45DD-ABDE-56E2772A1926

ExpeditionBuilds

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Recon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Photographer/ Content Creator
Soon…

Jeep Wrangler JL My first Jeep. 2021 JL Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon. 1DD49D97-0897-45DD-ABDE-56E2772A1926
You're going to be busy! Really nice upgrades coming. Which bull bar/winch guard is that?

Hope you get a break in the weather soon!

-Steven

OP
OP
J.Ralston

J.Ralston

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
You're going to be busy! Really nice upgrades coming. Which bull bar/winch guard is that?

-Steven
I don’t remember the name of it but it was ordered through Northridge 4x4.

Northridge4x4

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.northridge4x4.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 Sahara JKU, 2013 Rubicon JKU
Occupation
Seller of badassery

-Steven
I don’t remember the name of it but it was ordered through Northridge 4x4.
That looks to be the Rock Hard 4x4 Winch Guard w/Light Mounts.
https://www.northridge4x4.com/part/...ard-with-light-mounts-for-steel-front-bumpers

Cute pups J.Ralston! Looks like you have some work to do on the Jeep!

Sponsored

OP
OP
J.Ralston

J.Ralston

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation

ExpeditionBuilds

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Recon
Build Thread
Link