Sponsored

SilverSurfer

First Name
Heinrich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon 3.6 8-speed Auto
Oooooh... I struck a Bronco nerve. Yup confirmed diagnosis, the mpg of the Bronco will definitely be its Achilles heel.
Sponsored

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Actually, Bronco’s biggest Achilles heel is that you can’t buy one.

Apparently production has now been stopped for the remainder of the year due to growing hardtop problems.

Jeep Wrangler JL TeraFlex Drives 2021 Bronco and prefers Jeep 1628751900659

Last edited:

tatarin

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MOAB Mojito Sky One-Touch, 2015 Lexus RX350F-sport, 2005 Camry SE
Vehicle Showcase
I was kind of excited when the Bronco launched, my wife and I were really thinking of adding it to our garage next to the Jeep, but after seeing it in person at the Chicago Auto Show, I just hated it. The build quality and interior quality was awful and the dimensions were too odd for me, made me love our Jeep even more.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Outrun

Outrun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392XR
I can’t believe all the talk about MPG of the Bronco or the Jeep. Someone, an intelligent someone, would never buy either of these vehicles primarily for their mileage. We buy Jeep’s because they are fantastic 4 season vehicles that can go anywhere, anytime for any reason. They are fun. Someone else may buy a Bronco because they are new and they have to have the newest toy to impress their friends. Either way, you’re driving something that has the aerodynamics of a barn. You really should have another reason for driving it. And yes, I know there are attempts by Jeep to improve the fuel efficiency of our beloved Jeeps, but remember, those are government mandates. They have to try. Otherwise, they would come from the factory on 40’s. I’ve owned every version of the Wrangler since before they were Wranglers. CJ-5 and on. I don’t care what mileage it gets, it’ll be another Jeep that’s next, not a Bronco.
Strange how so many of you believe this. MPG is very important because it's the same thing as tank range. Being in the middle of BFE you want to make it in and out with no worries and not have to carry a ton of gas cans with you. There are also some long stretches of roads before another gas station. That and money. Gas ain't all that cheap.

Richtor

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiesta ST
Guys with 392's and 37's are reporting better MPG's than the Bronco...
Where? Because the TRX is well lower than the 16/17 he quoted.

Craigzjeep

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting Gray
Occupation
Telco Installer, retired. Current job drinking beer and yard work expert.
Ford sucks , always has, always will.
Eat my dust ford, haha

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
He’s comparing mileage to a diesel? Why doesn’t he compare mpg to the 392? I got 16-17 all day from my 2dr JK rubi in the hwy.

Not surprised by the review, they are not going to be offering lifts since it’s ifs. Too difficult and costly.
I am on 33s M/Ts 3.6 V6, winch metal bumpers sliders etc.... I get 22~24 on the highway. Why would you compare the Bronco with the 392? the 392 has a V8 in it... Jesus....

The Bronco gets horrendous MPG for a modern vehicle, thats reality. JK is ancient.

Hootbro

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport, 2022 JT RUBICON
TFL did there MPG loop testing on a 392 Wrangler and got a 18.8 MPG Highway run with it.

At the 10:40 mark in the video below.

OP
OP
Outrun

Outrun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392XR
On this website. The TRX is a whole truck with a completely different motor than the 392 Wrangler.
Sponsored