jmm11116

First Name
JM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
My last two were Overlanding vehicles.
Your just looking for the increased weight capacity right, or are you actually looking to tow? I used an AEV suspension on the last two and beefed up some of the suspension bits up front too for the larger tires. Carried the extra weight with zero issues. You are NOT going to tow more than indicated. Vehicle isn’t long enough to counter the sway. Compare the JT and JL and you can see why the JT has the increased towing capacity. If you absolutely need to tow and want the engine, look at the Power Wagon as a platform, it makes for a fantastic Overlander. DM me if you want to know more.
No, I was looking more at weight, not towing. Mainly looking at the increased tow weight as a correlation to reduction of squatting when loaded down. Do you have any experience with air bags? I’m just now starting to research them but from the way I understand how they work, it seems like a good way to use them while loaded to reduce squatting and not use them, ie have them aired down, while not loaded to have a normal ride. My concerns would be durability of the material if they are constantly rubbing against the springs when dirt and sand gets between them.
Sponsored

jmm11116

First Name
JM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Oh okay. I get what you are saying now. From what I’m understanding, the XR is the same wheelbase length as a normal Rubicon. In any case, I’m not looking at the increased towing capacity for the purposes of towing. I was looking at it as it being able to tow more, meaning the springs are stronger. So when I load it down with weight from the top, adding a roof top tent, cooler/fridge, camping gear, etc., it won’t squat as much.

rubiland

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rubicon Unlimited 392
I’d start out bone stock. If you get too much squat from the weight or drivability is impacted, you can decide on either some pucks to level it out or upgrade the suspension. If I was going with a rooftop tent this time and the full Monty like in the past, I’d personally get a 2.5” lift, but a true upgrade, not just pucks. Have a look at some of the different lifts that exist for the JL to get an idea of components.

Fiteacher

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram1500
When you guys are getting updates on your order, are you calling the dealer and talking to any sales person or are you emailing the one who helped you order? Just curious what others are b don't as I get ready to start bugging them about my order. Ha!

rubiland

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rubicon Unlimited 392
When you guys are getting updates on your order, are you calling the dealer and talking to any sales person or are you emailing the one who helped you order? Just curious what others are b don't as I get ready to start bugging them about my order. Ha!
I do one of three options depending on how I feel:

1. Email my sales guy
2. Jeep Chat
3. Call Jeep customer service

Sponsored

KreckinVB

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 392
Patiently waiting for sure on my end (well at least till December) but it’s going to be hysterical when someone finally takes delivery. There may be a moment of silence followed by a pilgrimage to witness the awesomeness first hand.

OP
OP
galleywinter

galleywinter

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Hard Rock JKU, 2018 JL Rubi, 2020 Mercedes GLC 300(Wife) :-)
Occupation
Environmental Manager, VA Hospital
Patiently waiting for sure on my end (well at least till December) but it’s going to be hysterical when someone finally takes delivery. There may be a moment of silence followed by a pilgrimage to witness the awesomeness first hand.
Ha! No doubt. If they live within a 4 hour drive, they had better get ready for a visit. I'm coming to check it out :)

Robbierob021

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 JK Sahara
I went in on 6/30 to order a JLUR v6 and this package popped up as a required option, so I said Eff it…. And I ordered one. No email yet, but dealership called on 8/9 to tell me that expected ship date was 8/25. I used JC that same day (twice) which both times they told me they no longer use the alphanumeric codes, but said that all parts are in and that it was entering the build phase in the next day or so. Both JC confirmed 8/25 is estimated ship date, but stressed it is just an estimate.

bckly

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR XR
Occupation
Engineer
I went in on 6/30 to order a JLUR v6 and this package popped up as a required option, so I said Eff it…. And I ordered one. No email yet, but dealership called on 8/9 to tell me that expected ship date was 8/25. I used JC that same day (twice) which both times they told me they no longer use the alphanumeric codes, but said that all parts are in and that it was entering the build phase in the next day or so. Both JC confirmed 8/25 is estimated ship date, but stressed it is just an estimate.
Which dealership did you order from?

Sponsored

OP
OP
galleywinter

galleywinter

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Hard Rock JKU, 2018 JL Rubi, 2020 Mercedes GLC 300(Wife) :-)
Occupation
Environmental Manager, VA Hospital
That would be good news if they started on someones. I don't care thats not mine. Just so we know they are building them. I got the usual gathering parts today. Hopefully when they say ship date, they actually mean ship date. Forever, what Jeep calls ship date is the actual day the build starts. Stupid I know.

PBosch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon XR
What are the details of your build?

Robbierob021

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 JK Sahara
What are the details of your build?
Almost everything 🤣
JLUR XR
Sarge green
Dual top
Body color top
Body color fenders
Steel bumpers
Leather seats
Cold weather package
8.4 infotainment upgrade
Led Pkg
Tow Pkg

Bard

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
I emailed my dealer today. Ordered july 23 told me today ship date is 8/21 i am sure hoping that is true.
Sponsored