Sponsored

fefe2018

First Name
Felix
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Jl
Just curious as to why you wouldn't go to the dealer and have this done for free under warranty?
I have lots of suspensions upgrades on the Jeep, I was adding more and more upgrades in order to correct the steering issue. I tried two dealerships, but no luck....I guess I can just install it by myself and have dealer codes it.
Sponsored

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0T, 1991 YJ rock crawler
Occupation
I make microchips for a living.
Vehicle Showcase
I have lots of suspensions upgrades on the Jeep, I was adding more and more upgrades in order to correct the steering issue. I tried two dealerships, but no luck....I guess I can just install it by myself and have dealer codes it.
I would highly recommend reaching out to @JeepCares. The deal with the new cast iron boxes are if your steering is loose you ask for one... period. I doesn't matter that your Jeep has been modded. Both of our Jeeps are heavily modded and both got the new box. Those dealerships are giving you a load of crap. @JeepCares will put you in touch with someone to open a case. Hopefully you will get Marvin.

Mtpockets

First Name
MT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4-Door
Post 1 reads- ā€œ404 errorā€ on both links in OP.

Links donā€™t work.

Sponsored

Trill

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JL
I reached out to the Tazer guys about using their stuff to do the re-programming and here was their reply:

"Hi there,

I do believe that that is being worked on at the moment, I know the engineer and programmer were experimenting. No timeline just yet."

BHo

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JLU Rubicon Recon
Occupation
Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
I had play* in the physical connection on my Aluminum box (0.030ā€-0.040ā€), had the TSB Steel body box installed with power steering flash update.
The jeep still wandered and had play at the box (0.025ā€) plus shimmy in the steering wheel. After a bit of investigatory poking seeping the jeep I decided to check the steering box mounting bolts (4). The torque was WAY low. I torqued the bolts to 95 ft-lbs and measured steering box play! Now we have minimal play in the assembly (0.008ā€) and it drives down the road without issues on 37ā€ tires at 32 PSIG.
Hope this helps someone troubleshoot this horrible shimmy/wandering issue on brand new Jeeps!
All measurements were performed with a dial indicator off of the same frame mounting point to the outside of the gearbox.

2mnycars

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
I had play* in the physical connection on my Aluminum box (0.030ā€-0.040ā€), had the TSB Steel body box installed with power steering flash update.
The jeep still wandered and had play at the box (0.025ā€) plus shimmy in the steering wheel. After a bit of investigatory poking seeping the jeep I decided to check the steering box mounting bolts (4). The torque was WAY low. I torqued the bolts to 95 ft-lbs and measured steering box play! Now we have minimal play in the assembly (0.008ā€) and it drives down the road without issues on 37ā€ tires at 32 PSIG.
Hope this helps someone troubleshoot this horrible shimmy/wandering issue on brand new Jeeps!
All measurements were performed with a dial indicator off of the same frame mounting point to the outside of the gearbox.
Really helpful Thanks for posting.

Reactions: BHo

jmcgarty791

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Jl
Just had my 2020 JLU At Browns Jeep in Patchogue NY. They had it for 2 days and finally the service manager decided that they don't want to touch it because it has Aftermarket parts. Its a 2020 with 5k on it. 2.5 RC Lift Kit..nothing major..... THEY WONT TOUCH IT. I ordered the parts from AllMopar and I'll do it myself. Appreciate all the info above, good to know I am not alone.

Sponsored

2mnycars

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Just had my 2020 JLU At Browns Jeep in Patchogue NY. They had it for 2 days and finally the service manager decided that they don't want to touch it because it has Aftermarket parts. Its a 2020 with 5k on it. 2.5 RC Lift Kit..nothing major..... THEY WONT TOUCH IT. I ordered the parts from AllMopar and I'll do it myself. Appreciate all the info above, good to know I am not alone.
Have you contacted @JeepCares?

They are very helpful

Arrowhead

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Sport
Vehicle Showcase
I ordered and replaced the box on my dime. Pretty straight forward install. The pitman arm is indexed so you can't put it back on wrong. The only issue I had was with the Synergy track bar brace. It requires longer bolts for the steel box but Synergy got them to me pretty quick. Put over 5000 miles on it on a cross country trip with no issues. No software update either. Steering feel is greatly imporved - and that's with a 3-1/2" lift and 37's. I did need extra power steering fluid but it was hard to find locally here for some reason.

nmsjl

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL
I ordered and replaced the box on my dime. Pretty straight forward install. The pitman arm is indexed so you can't put it back on wrong. The only issue I had was with the Synergy track bar brace. It requires longer bolts for the steel box but Synergy got them to me pretty quick. Put over 5000 miles on it on a cross country trip with no issues. No software update either. Steering feel is greatly imporved - and that's with a 3-1/2" lift and 37's. I did need extra power steering fluid but it was hard to find locally here for some reason.
I also ordered and replaced the box myself while also adding the synergy track bar brace. My dealer kept telling me they wouldn't replace it because they couldn't duplicate the problem. I had about 1.5 inch play in the steering wheel and a pull to the right.
Drives great now, no pull, no wandering, and no dead spot.
Is it necessary to get the software update?

dirtdigr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sport S
Can anyone tell me what Power steering fluid to use? After I got the TSB done, the fluid is at the Minimum even when warm.