Mopar 5” and 7” LED Offroad lights

Sloxkhart98

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangjer JL Rubicon
I’m looking to add some additional lighting to my JL Rubi. Are the Mopar 5/7” LED’s worth the price? They look pretty solid but there are so many options. What are you guys putting on. Pictures and recommendations would be awesome too.

Thanks

Scott
Sponsored

Krondor

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL - Punk'n Edition
Build Thread
Link
Terrible gouging going on here.

That said, I do want quality round lights for my grille guard. Interested in what others are thinking about as well.

kkuntz01

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon, 2014 Ram 2500 Crew Cab
I’m looking to add some additional lighting to my JL Rubi. Are the Mopar 5/7” LED’s worth the price? They look pretty solid but there are so many options. What are you guys putting on. Pictures and recommendations would be awesome too.

Thanks

Scott

Not sure who’s making the Mopar lights, however I’d be more inclined to go with lighting from established players like Baja Designs, VisionX, Rigid, KcHilites to name a few if you’re looking for actual usable light. Steer clear of the cheap Chinese crap lights, that is unless you’re only looking put lights on for the bling factor.

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
IMO, no they are nowhere near worth the asking price. They're obscenely overpriced. Go with quality aftermarket ones for much less that are just as good or even better.

Firecracker Rubi

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
I have the Mopar 7" lights, I will open them up this weekend to see if I can figure out who the manufacture is. They are super bright, check the lumens vs the competition, they are brighter than most.

The quality is top notch, they are very well built as well.

Sponsored

Martindfletcher

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ducati 1299s, 2018 JLUR
I have the Mopar 7" lights, I will open them up this weekend to see if I can figure out who the manufacture is. They are super bright, check the lumens vs the competition, they are brighter than most.

The quality is top notch, they are very well built as well.
Honestly I think they look great, I did not see anything better in that price range.

zyt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda Miata
IMO they are way too expensive. I bought a pair of LED pod lights with 4.5'' diameter for $13 total with free shipping!!! Mopar LED lights are listed as 7'' but in fact they only have 5'' diameter. In comparison, these offroad LED lights are much smaller than the 7'' headlights.
Another $20 for remote controlled wiring harness, so I don't have to run wires through firewall.
I also need to pick up a pair of "L" shaped brackets for mounting (on the body frame, through the plastic bumper). They probably cost $5 from Homedepot whereas Mopar charges $75.
My $40 setup will definitely be nowhere close to the quality of Mopar's $700+ unit, but it will be more than enough for my purpose and very wallet friendly. If the $13 LED turned out to be a total crap, I can always upgrade to a $50 set. :cwl::cwl: If you haven't noticed, I become very cheap after getting my jeep. :facepalm::facepalm:

Firecracker Rubi

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Here they are installed. Cost about a grand once you get the winch guard ~$225 the brackets at $50 and then the lights are $6-700 if I remember correctly. They are stupid bright, much brighter than my rigid D2s I had on the JK. I'll be getting more of the Tyri lights if they are.willing to sell them, they are top notch on quality. I thought Rigid was the best, not anymore.

IMG_20180421_145559.jpg

agordon117

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR HellaYella
Here they are installed. Cost about a grand once you get the winch guard ~$225 the brackets at $50 and then the lights are $6-700 if I remember correctly. They are stupid bright, much brighter than my rigid D2s I had on the JK. I'll be getting more of the Tyri lights if they are.willing to sell them, they are top notch on quality. I thought Rigid was the best, not anymore.

IMG_20180421_145559.jpg
Where did you get the brackets? I keep being told that they don't actually exist yet and it will be months before they are released. I'm about to fabricate some because waiting months for those stupid brackets is absurd.

Sponsored

Firecracker Rubi

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Where did you get the brackets? I keep being told that they don't actually exist yet and it will be months before they are released. I'm about to fabricate some because waiting months for those stupid brackets is absurd.

I ordered them online and they told me the same thing. Went to my dealer and they ordered them from Detroit and they were here 2 days later.

Krondor

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL - Punk'n Edition
Build Thread
Link
I'm going to hope that a "generic" version becomes available. lol

Firecracker Rubi

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
I'm going to hope that a "generic" version becomes available. lol
It would be interesting to go directly to Tyri and see how much they sell them for. They are model 1313. I'm scared to call, I might get heart burn from the price difference.

BumpyTrail

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon Hard Rock
I have both 7 and 5. Great lights, very bright. I also have Rigid light bar and both are high quality.

IMG_0570.JPG
I love the Jeep light covers. Very subtle. Or maybe it’s your Jeep that makes them pop!
Sponsored