Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

The weekend before last, I went out for a late night coffee
Don’t want to derail the thread, but I’ve got to check that place out. I’m the next town over.

It’s slim pickings around here on most dealer lots.
Sponsored

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
Don’t want to derail the thread, but I’ve got to check that place out. I’m the next town over.

It’s slim pickings around here on most dealer lots.
Hahaha! Took me a second to realize you're talking the next town over from that brewery. That was from a few months ago, and I'm not remembering what southshore town that was. The dealer that I spotted a bunch of JL's at, is Port Jeff Jeep up on 347 just west of 112. I've got an appointment up in Smithtown tomorrow at noon, so I'll try to take a spin past to see what it looks like, and report back.

gato

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
How did a Gladiator become a "compact car"?
They give me the Gladiator as "an upgrade" because they usually have 3 or so sitting there, and rarely have any compact cars around. The point is that Jeep is sending quite a few of the Gladiators they are building to the fleets.

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
Same around here. One dealer in Austin had 41 Gladiators last week.

The price point is tough. It needs to be inline with other Wranglers which makes it higher than competing small 4x4 pickups and in the same price range as mid level full size 4x4s.

The Mojaves are cool but the price is just too high for what you get. Almost every dealer around here has at least one on the lot.

Sponsored

Alanscott1

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Mojave
Occupation
A&P Mechanic
Same around here. One dealer in Austin had 41 Gladiators last week.

The price point is tough. It needs to be inline with other Wranglers which makes it higher than competing small 4x4 pickups and in the same price range as mid level full size 4x4s.

The Mojaves are cool but the price is just too high for what you get. Almost every dealer around here has at least one on the lot.
I bought a Mojave earlier this year, replaced a 2dr JLR, I too thought they were pricey compared to wranglers. Interestingly enough when I was researching I built a 4dr Rubicon and Mojave each with the same options as the one I eventually bought. The Wrangler was more expensive by a few hundred dollars.

Combine that with dealers more willing to discount Gladiators, I couldn’t buy a 4dr Rubicon with the same options for any where near the same price.

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps lots of jeeps
I have driven through 4 dealerships in the past week. 0 wranglers, all had multiple gladiators. I don't think they are going over too well.

2nd 392

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee srt.V10 Dodge 4x
15 Gladiators,2 2dr,2 4dr Wranglers

gnvNole

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR
I’m in Gainesville, FL and the local dealership does not appear to have any Wrangler’s or Gladiator’s in their new inventory.

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Hahaha! Took me a second to realize you're talking the next town over from that brewery. That was from a few months ago, and I'm not remembering what southshore town that was. The dealer that I spotted a bunch of JL's at, is Port Jeff Jeep up on 347 just west of 112. I've got an appointment up in Smithtown tomorrow at noon, so I'll try to take a spin past to see what it looks like, and report back.
The brewery is in Freeport. I'm in Merrick.

There's quite a few Jeep dealers here in Nassau County. I live within range of the majority of them and all have very little stock on their lots.

Sponsored

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
Gladiators are doing fine. Jeep never expected them to sell like Wranglers. They are a niche truck.

Mojaves are great but at their price point you have a lot of options in other trucks. So they will last a little longer on the lots.

Windshieldfarmer

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU, 2020 JlU on order
Low stock is not unique to Jeep. Most new car dealers have very low inventory except for the less popular models. The availability of Gladiators speaks volumes about the model’s popularity….

JTsGarage

First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
The Gladiator is actually doing really well for Jeep. If anything, there's more profit baked into the selling price of the Gladiator than the Wrangler so why not prioritize a higher margin vehicle? As others have said, demand for the Wrangler has been incredible lately so a lot of it is demand driven. Plus, Jeep is in the middle of launching two very important vehicles right now in the Grand Cherokee L and Wagoneer/Grand Wagoneer. I understand that these models aren't made in the same factory as the JL but they are microchip/tech-heavy models. My local dealer has many GCLs on the lot at the moment.

YYCSahara

First Name
BDLL
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara 2.0T
Dealer close to my house shows:

32 Wranglers
8 Gladiators
48 Grand Cherokees

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe
Dealer close to my house shows:

32 Wranglers
8 Gladiators
48 Grand Cherokees
Around here, the dealers are quick to add a vehicle (even one in transit still) and slow to remove. They just want to get you in the door to sell you something else. I must have called half a dozen dealers that had listed 4xe's and not one was actually still there.
Sponsored