Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Hydro Blue Sahara Altitude
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Marketing
Clubs

I love the Sahara Altitude and the painted fenders, but I'm trying to keep this closer to $45,000. When I added the options that I want, the Sahara Altitude was way into the $50K's. Hard to believe when the sticker on my 1995 was $15,100 ...it didn't even come with a stock radio. Haha.
Keep in mind that if you're ordering, you shouldn't be paying sticker. I bought my Sahara Altitude from Gupton in July - $53.5K sticker, paid $46.5K. This knowledge may help you ease into a more comfortable daily driver while staying within your budget.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Wallbanger

Wallbanger

First Name
Harvey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
Play with the "build a jeep" for each.
I am seeing an almost $2K cheaper price on an Altitude to the Willys when they both have hard tops, LSD and 7" radios.

Almost 3K less if you go with the standard 5" radio on the Altitude.

The only plus I see on the Willy is the rock rails (that you can find as take off easy around $100) and the bumper. I personally like the black insert Altitude grill over the all black (no inserts) Willys Grill, though I guess it doesn't matter if you are thinking a black jeep.
I have been going back & forth on the "Bulid" page. Just when I think I'm sold on one, I start looking at the other one again. Haha. The Sport after options added is $45,830 and the Willy's ends up at $47,525... so, very close in price.

Every one of these Jeeps you guys have posted are awesome. Making my decision even harder. :clap:

OP
OP
Wallbanger

Wallbanger

First Name
Harvey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
Keep in mind that if you're ordering, you shouldn't be paying sticker. I bought my Sahara Altitude from Gupton in July - $53.5K sticker, paid $46.5K. This knowledge may help you ease into a more comfortable daily driver while staying within your budget.
WOW... I haven't talked to a dealer yet, but I was definitely not expecting $7000 off sticker! I guess I have some more homework to do before I go and place the order.

This one won't be a daily driver. I have a 2018 Honda Accord for the daily runner.

mferrara91

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sport Altitude
Loving my 21 Sport Altitude.

53F58258-11AF-4F57-90AA-45F27D3DEB13.jpeg

829432A8-72AC-483C-BAF0-F0325A62DF24.jpeg

WhereRU_A-A-Ron

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Unlimited Willys, 2015 Toyota Sienna XLE
Occupation
Restaurant Manager
I have been going back & forth on the "Bulid" page. Just when I think I'm sold on one, I start looking at the other one again. Haha. The Sport after options added is $45,830 and the Willy's ends up at $47,525... so, very close in price.

Every one of these Jeeps you guys have posted are awesome. Making my decision even harder. :clap:
Make sure you're not selecting the LED option when building your Willys (you may not be, but it's worth warning you about). It comes standard with LED headlights and fog lights. Not sure why it's there on the B&P tool. If you're checking that option, you're artificially inflating the price of your Willys build.

Last edited:

Sponsored

OP
OP
Wallbanger

Wallbanger

First Name
Harvey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
Make sure you're not selecting the LED option when building your Willys (you may not be, but it's worth warning you about). It comes standard with LED headlights and fog lights. Not sure why it's there on the B&P tool. If you're checking that option, you're artificially inflating the price of your Willys build.

edit: I built a Willys and Sport Altitude on the website and added nothing except the features you'd need to add to the SA to get similar features that you get with the Willys. I show a price difference of exactly $500 ($46,155 for the Willys and $45,655 for the SA).

You save $500 but you give up larger M/T tires, Rubicon shocks, heavy duty brakes, all weather floor mats, rock rails, and probably something else I'm forgetting.
Thanks, I was checking the box for LEDs. You're right, that is a lot to give up for $500.

WhereRU_A-A-Ron

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Restaurant Manager
Thanks, I was checking the box for LEDs. You're right, that is a lot to give up for $500.
And, honestly, that might be the right choice for you. There is certainly a use case for the Sport Altitude and $500 isn't anything to sneeze at. Feel free to reach out if you've got burning questions! Best of luck deciding!

OP
OP
Wallbanger

Wallbanger

First Name
Harvey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
rcadden, I'm not doubting you, but one of my best friends is a salesman at the local Jeep dealership. I just texted and asked him about $7000 off sticker and he told me that's not possible. He actually said if I can find a dealer that will even give me $2000 off sticker, I should go there and he won't even be upset about it. He told me that since I am special ordering, I should plan to pay sticker and some people even pay above. What is your take on this? Has anyone else received huge discounts like this?

Friends are friends, but like he said, if I can get it that much cheaper... you have to just go for it.

Donkey Fluffer

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara JLU
rcadden, I'm not doubting you, but one of my best friends is a salesman at the local Jeep dealership. I just texted and asked him about $7000 off sticker and he told me that's not possible. He actually said if I can find a dealer that will even give me $2000 off sticker, I should go there and he won't even be upset about it. He told me that since I am special ordering, I should plan to pay sticker and some people even pay above. What is your take on this? Has anyone else received huge discounts like this?

Friends are friends, but like he said, if I can get it that much cheaper... you have to just go for it.
I just (29 July) ordered a new Willys for 5% under invoice + another $500 off for Jeep's military discount. Many on here get 6% and even 7% off by using Tread Lightly and using dealer financing. I'm paying it in full, so no financing.

Check with Gupton Jeep in Springfield TN, for one. I used Williamsburg Jeep but that's because we're friends with multiple previous Jeep deals in our shared history.

WhereRU_A-A-Ron

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Restaurant Manager

UPDATE % under invoice price with @dealersider | 2018+ Jeep Wrangler Forums (JL / JLU) - Rubicon, Sahara, Sport, Unlimited - JLwranglerforums.com

You can get AT LEAST 5% under invoice straight up from this guy and another 1% below invoice with an affiliate number. No games. Not who we used but he's sold a lot of Wranglers to forum members lately. He's even in the same state as you.

Sponsored

rcadden

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Hydro Blue Sahara Altitude
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Marketing
Clubs

No worries - I have the paperwork and I STILL have a hard time believing it. [email protected] is right outside of Nashville. He's a tiny dealership (low overhead) who does insane volume - my Jeep was one of *45* he got delivered in 2 days - every single one was a sold custom order. He deals in volume, is how he can discount.

Depending on your options, you could possibly go full Rubicon for ~$45K with Daniel.

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Maverick909