New Raptor Load Range C 37s?

MonopoliJLUR

First Name
Gabriel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler unlimited rubicon
Made the trip to the local @Discount Tire this morning to lace up those new shoes. I have not had a chance to weigh them yet, but I am all but positive they are lighter than the 315/70/17 Kanati's I pulled off. As @Gazelle said, DT makes these transactions simple and I was in and out in less than 1 hour on a busy Monday morning. The @Icon_Adrian Icon Alphas are really nice and I love the new look of them and the BFG's.

The overall height on my Rubicon is inline with what others have observed coming on at 35-3/8" tall on a 8.5" wheel. My stance remained the same as it did with the OEM Moab/Willy's wheels and the Synergy spacers--so thanks to all who helped me understand that part (@blnewt, @Chocolate Thunder, @MonopoliJLUR, & @GATORB8).

I will get a weight on them with the Alpha's and see how it compares to the OEM/Kanati/Synergy spacers.

So far so good!

RI2Ehl.jpg

RI2VBS.jpg

RI2GQ2.jpg
looks so good! The stance is perfect

CarbonSteel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Wildtrak
Vehicle Showcase
Looks amazing! Can’t wait to get mine on. Is that on the stock tire carrier?
Thanks! Yes, it is, but I do have the Mopar Tailgate and Spare Tire Relocation Bracket installed (tire sits about 1" higher than stock).

Sponsored

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
I am pretty stoked about the weight difference in the BFG/Icon setup versus the Kanati/OEM/Synergy setup. Not too shabby:

Jeep Wrangler JL New Raptor Load Range C 37s? RTd4uj
Can't get a better stance than this IMO, not too high, not too low, just right! (do those steps have a quick disconnect for the trails, ? I assume they do)
Jeep Wrangler JL New Raptor Load Range C 37s? 1628561001711

CarbonSteel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Can't get a better stance than this IMO, not too high, not too low, just right! (do those steps have a quick disconnect for the trails, ? I assume they do)
Jeep Wrangler JL New Raptor Load Range C 37s? 1628561001711
Thanks--and I agree. These are the perfect size and work really well with the MC 2.5" lift. The steps disconnect, but it does take a minute, there are four bolts on each one bolted into the ROAM frame mounts. My wife has bionic knees so this makes it easier for her to get in and out on a daily basis. I fabbed them up in my garage not too long ago.

alksion

First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon 392, 21 Sahara Altitude
Occupation
Biz Owner
You will sit 1" higher that a non-392 Rubicon. The backspacing may cause minor rubbing but I think you should be OK.
OK so I have them on order. I said that I was going to wait a few months and drive stock tires but with all the shortages and the chance of them not being in stock for a while, I just could not hesitate.

I guess I will install them, do some testing and see how they operate without any modifications to the 392. After that, I can determine what I need to change if anything needs to be changed at all.

black_jeep_jl

First Name
Ashley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimited Rubicon
Thanks! Yes, it is, but I do have the Mopar Tailgate and Spare Tire Relocation Bracket installed (tire sits about 1" higher than stock).
Do you have problems with your back-up sensors going off when in reverse?

CarbonSteel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Do you have problems with your back-up sensors going off when in reverse?
No, it has not been a problem with the 35's or the 37's. I am guessing it is because the relocation kit raises the tire about 1".

Sponsored

WhyBerg

First Name
Shaun
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
So, I’ve been reading this thread and a bunch of others and I’m thinking myself into circles. I’ve got a JLUR with a Clayton 2.5” lift and am trying to decide between these KO2 load C 37s vs 35s without re-gearing.

It seems conventional wisdom is 37” tires = need to re-gear. Don’t want to do that with only 8k miles, so maybe 35s make more sense…but most weigh as much as these 37” KO2 load Cs.

I work from home, so zero commute to worry about, but do like to road trip from AZ to CO or Phoenix up to the mountains to go play.

Anyone else go through this and provide some thoughts? (Thanks in advance, hope this isn’t in the wrong spot)

RubiRed

First Name
Richie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLR, Odyssey, S2000, 911
Vehicle Showcase
So, I’ve been reading this thread and a bunch of others and I’m thinking myself into circles. I’ve got a JLUR with a Clayton 2.5” lift and am trying to decide between these KO2 load C 37s vs 35s without re-gearing.

It seems conventional wisdom is 37” tires = need to re-gear. Don’t want to do that with only 8k miles, so maybe 35s make more sense…but most weigh as much as these 37” KO2 load Cs.

I work from home, so zero commute to worry about, but do like to road trip from AZ to CO or Phoenix up to the mountains to go play.

Anyone else go through this and provide some thoughts? (Thanks in advance, hope this isn’t in the wrong spot)
Get the 37s. :like: They are essentially size 36s that are lighter than everyone's 35s. With 2.5" lift looks perfectly balanced. If you go 35s (which are closer to size 34s) there's a chance you'll want to go up and do it twice.

Regearing a Rubicon (4.10 factory gears) seems unnecessary on the automatic. Make sure you calibrate the new tire size with the Tazer.

ZeroTrev

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
I plan on getting these! I have a 2 door and the Mopar 2 inch lift. Don't feel it gave me a full 2 inches on the Rubi, these I think will be a sweet spot!

On another note, does the Mopar lift level the jeep at all?

Glamisfan

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting-Gray JLUR
I have a JLUR and ran 37’s for 4,000 miles and am on 39’s now. I am not going to regear. As long as you don’t jack rabbit every stop light, the stock 4:10 gears do just fine. I am in 7th gear as low as 50 mph around town, and up to 70 on the freeway. So I don’t use 8th gear other then down hill. Dont really care as long as the Jeep is happy. The weight of these tires is 10 lbs lighter per tire then the 37’s I ran. So it should be a really good combination for a JLUR or JLR.

jlang

First Name
JDawg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL Punk'D Rubicon
Occupation
Semi-Retired

I have these on a Rubicon. I am like you and dont have to drive it everyday. I can tell you, the automatics do fine with the 4.10 gearing. I have the tazer installed and do not have any issues. 35's didnt look quite right to me because too much inner fender showed.
Sponsored

Last edited: