STING GRAY Wrangler JL Club

jack bauer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rubicon XR 3.6
Occupation
Finance
buddy of mine stopped by with his new Bronco....still think the JLUR looks better, but I might be biased

tempImageel6srL.jpg
tempImage7VKKmI.jpg

not a big fan of the 20" mall crawlers he put on her, but really liked the new Bronco
I saw a SAS Bronco parked at REI the other day and it looked like a bloated cow.
I went and saw the red 4WP Bronco that was run in Utah on 37's and spoke to the driver (who is a professional off road racer) who advised the rig on 37's had a 2.5 coil over lift and advised for fire roads it would be fine, but for harder wheeling stick with 35. I asked him to go into detail and he recoiled. Looks like trying way too hard to be something that it isn't, didn't sit well with me.
The next day I ordered a Rubicon.

Jeep Wrangler JL STING GRAY Wrangler JL Club B2B4EF1C-C957-4413-B34F-78BEE2A43F6E
Jeep Wrangler JL STING GRAY Wrangler JL Club 0767CE8F-B9AB-4700-9AE8-209804430AEE
Jeep Wrangler JL STING GRAY Wrangler JL Club 4ED5FB73-B1AF-420A-9097-3E22D6507C51
Jeep Wrangler JL STING GRAY Wrangler JL Club FFF1EC72-21FE-4E4E-A1A5-34B867BE0615
Sponsored

SoCal

First Name
MARK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR, 981 Porsche Cayman S, BMW F32, Lexus is250
I saw a SAS Bronco parked at REI the other day and it looked like a bloated cow.
I went and saw the red 4WP Bronco that was run in Utah on 37's and spoke to the driver (who is a professional off road racer) who advised the rig on 37's had a 2.5 coil over lift and advised for fire roads it would be fine, but for harder wheeling stick with 35. I asked him to go into detail and he recoiled. Looks like trying way too hard to be something that it isn't, didn't sit well with me.
The next day I ordered a Rubicon.

Jeep Wrangler JL STING GRAY Wrangler JL Club FFF1EC72-21FE-4E4E-A1A5-34B867BE0615

looks like the one they had on display at the Jeep/Truck fest last week

Jeep Wrangler JL STING GRAY Wrangler JL Club tempImageOOLS6W

rubiRI77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon two door. 2.0 Turbo.
Picked up my JLUR in Sting Gray July 5th. I've been digging through the internet ever since. Big difference from my 79 CJ5.
I told the wife I wanted the diesel and we started looking Sunday evening. Found a few and started calling Monday morning. This was the only one that was currently on a lot. 1 was sold and 3 were in transit.
We drove an hour and 45 minutes to go see it. Neither of us knew what color it was, we both had different ideas of the shade of gray. But we both instantly loved the color. I love that its not metallic, but still seems to change tones as the light hits it different. Almost looks like two different Jeeps when photographed from opposite sides. I also love that it reminds us of Battleship Gray also.

Few days after we got her, packed up and headed for the beach.

Since I bought off a car lot, I didn't get the tow package so I ordered and installed the Mopar hitch and trailer light wiring.

Borrowed my father in laws little trailer, towed really good with the diesel and 8spd auto.

Now to get the trailer brake controller installed so I can pulled my enclosed trailer. I've been working on slowly converting it to a semi-comfortable weekend camper. Still gotta insulate and sheath the ceiling.

Oh, and add side steps and...I've skimmed through this thread and have a lot of other ideas of stuff to add. I've had my old CJ for 20+ years (sad times but I'm gonna put her up for sale soon) and I intend to keep this one just as long or even longer, so I have time.
Very Nice!! I was the same way on the Sting Gray. I was not sure about it until I saw it in person, and it was (as they say) love at first sight. I was convinced I wanted Sarge Green until I saw the Sting Gray! Very nice Jeep!

Sponsored

Sponsored

BagPipesActual

First Name
BagPipes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU Sahara ..2021 JL Rubicon (Ordered)
I dont know if this thread is hurting or helping as I wait for mine to be built. Sure are some good looking rigs in this thread. I was awfully close to be in the Sarge Green club but some of these pics have convinced me that I made the right call on Sting Gray !

Little719

First Name
Cris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
I dont know if this thread is hurting or helping as I wait for mine to be built. Sure are some good looking rigs in this thread. I was awfully close to be in the Sarge Green club but some of these pics have convinced me that I made the right call on Sting Gray !
Lol I agree with you lol I’m in the same boat 😩

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
I can't remember if I posted this here or not. Definitely still a work in progress. I have more mods coming!

Jeep Wrangler JL STING GRAY Wrangler JL Club IMG_3136 2.JPG