Sponsored

Very disappointing news from my build status

LuvHydro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUS Hella , 22 JLUSS Hydro
Anybody get one of those estimated build date emails this week?
I have not, JC still says "Rotting in D" as of yesterday.
I'm not sure they appreciated me requesting them to "just build my f'in Jeep please", but he did express his empathy for the delay.
He probably put me to the back of the line over that gem, but hey, I appear to be there anyway.
Sponsored

canc1978

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JL Willy
Anybody get one of those estimated build date emails this week?
I have not, JC still says "Rotting in D" as of yesterday.
I'm not sure they appreciated me requesting them to "just build my f'in Jeep please", but he did express his empathy for the delay.
He probably put me to the back of the line over that gem, but hey, I appear to be there anyway.
still rotting in d, today marks day 50.... asked for escalation but nothing has changed

fuelfox4949

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Rubicon JL
Occupation
Capt of the Wiggle Wagons.
I first time talked to jeep chat yesterday they said mine is"scheduling phase of the manufacturing process" does that mean it is in status code C?

ordered 7/16
called my dealer and got the vin 8/2

they also told me that the wrangler plant is closed this week, not just the gladiator plant.

jbutterweck

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Sport S
I first time talked to jeep chat yesterday they said mine is"scheduling phase of the manufacturing process" does that mean it is in status code C?

ordered 7/16
called my dealer and got the vin 8/2

they also told me that the wrangler plant is closed this week, not just the gladiator plant.
I talked to JC this morning and got the same “scheduling phase” response. Ordered 7/14.

Sponsored

rlong69

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Occupation
Industrial Automation Consultant
Ordered a JLUR 6-Spd, Dual Top, Cold Weather, Tow on 7-2 still "gathering parts" no schedule.
According to the dealer, I just went D1 and have an estimated ship date of 8-20. This changed since yesterday. JC confirms all parts have been gathered and I am in scheduling, but said no estimated ship date available. The disfunction they have internally is astounding...

fuzzywuzzy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ram 3500
Day 218 of back n forth. Ordered January 2nd!!! Expect it in 8-14 weeks they said!! hahaha... We got news of "its going to ship July 2nd yay". Boy were we ever excited....but wait....only to find out on July 4th (up in Canada) that "oh, its back to D...let me find out why" and this time it was semiconductor issue. Not sure how we went from "its going on a railcar" to "semiconductor shortage". Sounds like parts and pieces where taken from our jeep?? or...just a complete loss of communication! Found out couple weeks ago we are firm schedule to be "completed build" 3rd week of august....summers just about over, but oh well, we will still hit the trails whenever this JL shows up, maybe in time for Christmas!!!

alksion

First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon 392, 21 Sahara Altitude
Occupation
Biz Owner
According to the dealer, I just went D1 and have an estimated ship date of 8-20. This changed since yesterday. JC confirms all parts have been gathered and I am in scheduling, but said no estimated ship date available. The disfunction they have internally is astounding...
I think shutting down the JT plant has helped speed things along, both in labor and additional part availability. Not confirmed but I have a solid suspicion this is the case.

I was in D1 for 35 days and all off sudden I went to paint one day and then had both build sheet and window sticker on the following day.

rlong69

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Occupation
Industrial Automation Consultant
I think shutting down the JT plant has helped speed things along, both in labor and additional part availability. Not confirmed but I have a solid suspicion this is the case.

I was in D1 for 35 days and all off sudden I went to paint one day and then had both build sheet and window sticker on the following day.
All of that makes a lot of sense to me too. It has to of had an impact or they would not have even bothered. As of today, I am still in scheduling... per JC. Trying to coordinate the sale of my 2018 near the arrival of the new one. A little tedious, but I think I can make it work.

alksion

First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon 392, 21 Sahara Altitude
Occupation
Biz Owner
All of that makes a lot of sense to me too. It has to of had an impact or they would not have even bothered. As of today, I am still in scheduling... per JC. Trying to coordinate the sale of my 2018 near the arrival of the new one. A little tedious, but I think I can make it work.
Agreed. I think you’ll make it work Just fine :)

Sponsored

au1994

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sahara 4xe, BMW X1
Occupation
Chickens
Trying not to get frustrated and remain positive. 6/28 order date and still gathering parts. I am hoping after the break that there will be a slew of us get scheduled and move through the production process quickly.

I’ve got a sale of the Land Cruiser to coordinate as well and as soon as I have a date I can bank on I will be hitting Carvroomax for buy quotes. It will probably mean we are a 1 car family for a couple of weeks but I am still WFH and there’s always Uber!

summer4x

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
many
There might not even be any 2022 built period with all the talk on the news about the delta strain of covid. Im predicting another serious shutdown. ......no jeeps for anybody
This is the kind of fear mongering BS I'm tired of. People still need to work and eat. The economy isn't going to be shut down again. It was an outrageous overreaction to begin with.

summer4x

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
many
So tired of this COVID garbage disrupting supply chains and raising prices. Even if it isn't the direct reason in your case, I'm sure it plays a part somewhere in the process.
Welcome to "just in time" inventory, which means "never in time." The world got burned on that BS. We should bringing all manufacturing home at this point, but corporate GREED is standing in the way.

Mattb2179

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Unlimited Rubicon
I am in a similar boat. I signed a buyer's order to build a JLUR with the 2.0L on July 14th. The Inventory manager told me yesterday that he had to "wait his turn" to place the order with his Jeep rep and now the system isn't taking orders for Rubicons with the 2.0L. Now the Inventory Manager is working with the Jeep Rep to see if they can back date my order and push it through since I placed the order with the dealer on 7/14. Supposedly now the decision has been escalated within Jeep and I am waiting on a decision. My JLUR was not very highly optioned so I don't have high hopes for it being pushed through.

spenbro

First Name
Spencer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler 4xe & 2021 Grand Cherokee Overland
I ordered my Rubicon 4XE yesterday (8/9). Was told to expect delivery in "8-10 weeks, but realistically 12-14 weeks." I'm not holding my breath, but this will be interesting to see when it actually gets delivered...especially after reading about fuzzywuzzy's 220 day experience!
Sponsored