Sponsored

Terrific Aftermarket Fob I came across

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
Received and assembled another Model S today.... it was shipped with the other S's that went out late last week from Di Labs when the 1st round of S's shipped..

Each time I assemble a Model S fob, I say to myself ... Geeeeeez.... DI Labs sure has done a nice job on the design and production of the S.

The quality is there.... the feel is there..... just a top notch offering.... a really really nice fob ....

Using the stock button pad and how well DI labs incorporated it into the S fob design is something else.... again really nice..

Well worth the $....

Jeep Wrangler JL Terrific Aftermarket Fob I came across My Model S

@crdouglass3
Sponsored

Last edited:

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

PeeCeeJunior

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL 2dr Sport
I've had the AJT for 2 years and have really liked it, but holy cow that DI Labs fob looks so much easier to put together. Trying to get the battery installed correctly on the AJT was a pain in the ass.

PeeCeeJunior

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL 2dr Sport

@PeeCeeJunior

Everyone that I have shown the DI Labs to locally,and (Many) that I have given a chance to feel/experience the DI Labs fob, has immediately ordered one or more DI Labs fobs.. Even the few guys and one gal that were using an AJT Designs fob. They all tell me they love the fob!

There is just such a difference for the better between the two fob offerings... While both offerings are far better then the stock fob, the Di Labs fob, is geeeeez.... just terrific... the pick of the litter.

Sure placement / install of the battery is easy easy with the Di Labs fob but also the assembly of same in general is little kids doable lets say... An 8 yr. old could assemble the DI Labs fob.

I encourage you to order a DI Labs fob.... I can tell you that you will be posting back that the DI Labs fob is light years nicer then the AJT... and that battery install was so easy easy...
I’ll have to give it a shot. I still have one Jeep jerrycan fob that annoys me to no end every time I need to use it.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ordered a translucent Model M. Will be stoked to get rid of that big @ss key fob!
@jhackathorne

Could you post a pic here of your Model M. I would like to see a translucent M..

I found a pic of a translucent Model S .... but it is a pic of the front side so I can not see how well the circuit board shows through..

Jeep Wrangler JL Terrific Aftermarket Fob I came across z11

Sponsored

KrispyKotex

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr Rubicon Snazzberry
Occupation
USN Submariner (ret), IT Analyst/Network Engineer
I had the 3 button M+ but the panic button was too sensitive. I run with nothing else in my pockets except the fob, and my alarm would go off about once or twice a week. I gave it to my wife, but the same thing happened to her several times, so I switched back to regular fob and gave the M+ away. I emailed them and they told me it had been thoroughly vetted and gave me some ideas how to counteract this from happening. I'm not bashing them here, but I'm saying in my case....I thought the panic button was way too sensitive. The fob itself was a great idea though. Maybe should have went with the model S?

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I had the 3 button M+ but the panic button was too sensitive. I run with nothing else in my pockets except the fob, and my alarm would go off about once or twice a week. I gave it to my wife, but the same thing happened to her several times, so I switched back to regular fob and gave the M+ away. I emailed them and they told me it had been thoroughly vetted and gave me some ideas how to counteract this from happening. I'm not bashing them here, but I'm saying in my case....I thought the panic button was way too sensitive. The fob itself was a great idea though. Maybe should have went with the model S?
@KrispyKotex

Geeez, I have spent lots and lots of of time using DL labs fobs (except the M+) and none of the final design DI Labs fobs have overly sensitive buttons, in my opinion..... panic button or otherwise...

Had you wanted to, it would have been -very very easy- to get that panic button on that M+ to be less sensitive.. just as it is to make the stock fob less sensitive in regard to button press..

Geeez, a real shame the M+ did not work out for you.. All I talk to that have a DI Labs fob, love it...
You could have returned the fob to DI Labs for a refund versus giving it way...

Indeed, the Model S uses the stock button pad so button press quite close to the button press on the stock.

DI Labs did extensive testing and tweaked button press and more on their fobs... I do believe they got it right so to speak in regard to button press...

@crdouglass3

KrispyKotex

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr Rubicon Snazzberry
Occupation
Geeez, I have spent lots and lots of of time using DI labs fobs (except the M+)
Maybe you , as a salesman/spokesperson should test the M+ more and see if the issue can be duplicated? This usually happened when the fob was in my pocket and with me getting in/out of jeep.

Had you wanted to it would have been -very very easy- to get that panic button on that M+ to be less sensitive.. just as it is to make the stock fob less sensitive in regard to button press.
To have procedures to modify the sensitivity of the fob indicates that this is a known issue, and may pop up on a few.

It's great idea, and I know the company went though a lot to test this, but it just didn't work in my case. Maybe I got a bad one...I don't know.

Glamisfan

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting-Gray JLUR
The lock button on mine gets accidentally pushed sometimes. I have an aftermarket remote start and three lock pushes starts the vehicle. One time as I was getting ready to go to bed I thought I heard something in the garage. Went out there and the jeep was running. Also sometimes when I go out in the garage to leave, the jeep will be locked and I never lock it in the garage. What can be done to make the buttons less sensitive?

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The lock button on mine gets accidentally pushed sometimes. I have an aftermarket remote start and three lock pushes starts the vehicle. One time as I was getting ready to go to bed I thought I heard something in the garage. Went out there and the jeep was running. Also sometimes when I go out in the garage to leave, the jeep will be locked and I never lock it in the garage. What can be done to make the buttons less sensitive?
@Glamisfan

When I was using the 4 button, stock fob, I did similar (never a remote start that requires two button pushes) more then once... it happens..... you inadvertently put enough pressure on a button and... anyway, I can't fault the/any fob for that...

You can easily desensitize the buttons but even then, of you press down on them, say leaning against something, etc., they still will trigger an alarm, etc...

So far, have not done so with my DI Labs fobs.. I'm sure, partly because I am a bit more careful now..

Sponsored

KrispyKotex

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr Rubicon Snazzberry
Occupation
Thanks Rhinebeck. I am not bashing the company. They did try to help me, but I just gave it away to one of my friends vice tampering with it. I am an electronics person, I could have fixed this easily, but didn't want to mess with. I still recommend this fob to everyone and have probably sent Threedom quite a few sales their way. lol

zdr

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon V6 6-Speed Manual
Someone said they "saved" $8 if they ordered 2.

Typical sales trick....no, you didnt save $8. They tricked you into spending more money at checkout.

They overpriced the item then took $8 off to get you to spend more. Happens at every store you see "on sale" signs.
Good thing both my gf and I each need one then.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks Rhinebeck. I am not bashing the company. They did try to help me, but I just gave it away to one of my friends vice tampering with it. I am an electronics person, I could have fixed this easily, but didn't want to mess with. I still recommend this fob to everyone and have probably sent Threedom quite a few sales their way. lol
@KrispyKotex

I did not get the impression you were "bashing". You just mentioned your experience with the M+.
(By the way.... I myself, do not care for the look/shape of the M+)

As a side note...... I wanted a no button DI Labs fob, model M ... and I happened to.... along with my 2 working stock fobs, to have a 3rd stock fob with a defective Panic button on the circuit board...

Anyway, with a tweezer, I just pulled off the buttons from the defective fobs circuit board.. the buttons came off easily..... I used that buttonless stock circuit in a DI Labs buttonless fob... it's worked out well for me. (My JL has proximity)

I could have just placed a thin piece of plastic between the circuit board and the fob housing to desensitize or knock out the button push ability but chose just to amputate..

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bye ..... Have a nice trip... 8-)

Jeep Wrangler JL Terrific Aftermarket Fob I came across tote-airport

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Presently testing the beta, Model S+ that holds the key. Here's a pic. (No, that is not my hand)

So far, testing is going aok... a few tweaks needed (minor tweaks) on some things and the Model S+ will be ready for all to buy/enjoy/use... It's very nice, even in the beta form...

OH, also I'm also testing DI Labs door lock covers... TERRIFIC they are. The one shown is quite plain / has tread ....is one but my favorites. Fit and finish is excellent.. Snap on very firmly..

Jeep Wrangler JL Terrific Aftermarket Fob I came across 20210816_103713

Jeep Wrangler JL Terrific Aftermarket Fob I came across 20210816_122050

@crdouglass3
Sponsored