Sponsored

Stolen 2021 JLURD

AlgUSF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUS, 2014 Tundra, 2013 Odyssey, 2002 Civic
Airtags are great, but if the thief or their accomplice have an iPhone, their phone will be alerted that there's an airtag traveling with them. The thief can then make the airtag make a noise/ping it, find it, then smash it to pieces. If Apple would let us disable this when we set them up, that would be great, but their reasoning for this feature is so people cannot slip an airtag on someone without them knowing. -think stalking.
Yeah.... But what if you don't live in the Apple ecosystem.... Very creepy.
Sponsored

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
Most thieves are just POS people who aren’t very sophisticated. Believe me.

Sponsored

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
I wonder if any modern thief could defeat a Club. It's not super-hard, but probably a lost art.

1628293740424.png
They cut the steering wheel, not the club. Takes 2 seconds with bolt cutters or a sawzall. Then they pull the cut section and the club slides right out.

It does add a layer of complexity though.

Sponsored

Some Random Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Sport, 2022 Ford Mustang
Occupation
Comptroller
Good grief. That was a sweet ride.
Hoping my 6-speed is enough of a deterrent.
I hope so too, but realistically I think they’ll just trash it out of frustration. You’ll get it back from down the street with the clutch burned out.

Maverick909

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sporticon, 1976 GMC K15 Lifted on 35's
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Electrician/ Industrial Furnace MFG
Clubs

Have to get the bolt hood lock for the new Jeep. It was a easy install and works well. I’m sorry for the loss of your Jeep. I hope insurance covered you well and you get a quick replacement. Sounds like they didn’t have a repeater though since they shattered the window. But I’m note sure how they get around the newer ignition systems without the key. You can always wire a dead switch to the starter coil wire.

Carolina Jeeper

First Name
Rollie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito! Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Electronics Technician at R. J. Reynolds
Anyone have info on wiring in a kill switch on the JL?
I've been thinking about this for awhile. I've considered something that is probably about as good as a kill switch. On our JLs the brake pedal on automatics or clutch on manual transmissions must be pressed in order to start. So a disable switch on that wire so it will be impossible to start unless the circuit is restored.
I haven't had time to get under there to look, but seems like it should work.

Also, let's say they can manage to start one with an automatic trans. Well, if the signal is interrupted that releases the shifter when the brake pedal is pressed, they aren't going anywhere.

One simple trick but more trouble is to pull the fuel pump relay or something related to the starter circuit. Basically you put in a non functional relay so it's not obvious. Again, they will not be going anywhere. Unless they know exactly what's been done and they carry spare parts around. Besides, it's going to be pretty obvious something's up if they have to be standing around with flashlights underneath the hood in the night.

I wish I could just remove the start button and leave a hole in the dash. Maybe that's another option. Move the working start button to a hidden location but leave a dummy button in the dash. Would really fool them HAHAHAHA. They would get so pissed.

FINN 2.0

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR. 1979 Ford 150.
I've been thinking about this for awhile. I've considered something that is probably about as good as a kill switch. On our JLs the brake pedal on automatics or clutch on manual transmissions must be pressed in order to start. So a disable switch on that wire so it will be impossible to start unless the circuit is restored.
I haven't had time to get under there to look, but seems like it should work.

Also, let's say they can manage to start one with an automatic trans. Well, if the signal is interrupted that releases the shifter when the brake pedal is pressed, they aren't going anywhere.

One simple trick but more trouble is to pull the fuel pump relay or something related to the starter circuit. Basically you put in a non functional relay so it's not obvious. Again, they will not be going anywhere. Unless they know exactly what's been done and they carry spare parts around. Besides, it's going to be pretty obvious something's up if they have to be standing around with flashlights underneath the hood in the night.

I wish I could just remove the start button and leave a hole in the dash. Maybe that's another option. Move the working start button to a hidden location but leave a dummy button in the dash. Would really fool them HAHAHAHA. They would get so pissed.
I like the brake pedal idea.
Sponsored