erika

erika

First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep wrangler unlimited rubicon Diesel 3.0
There were two more JLs sport out in the street but they decided to go for my jeep (inside the parking garage) so I don’t think I’m getting it back.

Sponsored

TrailTorque

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Vehicle Showcase
They take a BCM and key from a totaled Jeep. Break in, unplug your BCM, plug theirs in then push the button and drive away. When they get back to the shop they will put a new piece of glass in. Then they will either drive it around with their plates or put it in a shipping container to another continent. They may even go so far as to swap the VIN tag and resell it. Easy to do since the windshield folds.
The VIN is also on the frame tho..

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
It’s never perfect and the buyers in Russia don’t care. I’ve seen stamped VINs on Hondas with Bondo and paint over them. It takes a trained eye to spot a cleaned stolen car or a wrecked rebuilt with stolen parts.

Marine2146

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Grand Wagoneer 3 series, 2022 Rubicon 392
The question is, should I order the replacement ? 😜😜
It sucks it got stolen (probably by someone stuck in d status) but. You’ll probably get more for it than you could sell it for and you don’t have to worry about selling or trading it in.
You could try an owl dash cam on your new rig. I think it send you an alert if someone enters or hits you while parked. https://shop.owlcam.com/products/owlcam-classic-5-1-cam

_olllllllo_

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Hellayella JLU Rubicon 6-speed
They take a BCM and key from a totaled Jeep. Break in, unplug your BCM, plug theirs in then push the button and drive away. When they get back to the shop they will put a new piece of glass in. Then they will either drive it around with their plates or put it in a shipping container to another continent. They may even go so far as to swap the VIN tag and resell it. Easy to do since the windshield folds.
And this is why I am getting the Ravelco security system installed in both my Jeep and my wife's mustang.

OP
OP
erika

erika

First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep wrangler unlimited rubicon Diesel 3.0
It sucks it got stolen (probably by someone stuck in d status) but. You’ll probably get more for it than you could sell it for and you don’t have to worry about selling or trading it in.
You could try an owl dash cam on your new rig. I think it send you an alert if someone enters or hits you while parked. https://shop.owlcam.com/products/owlcam-classic-5-1-cam
  • I was considering the blackvue one, but those mf were faster than me

Sponsored

Marine2146

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Grand Wagoneer 3 series, 2022 Rubicon 392
  • I was considering the blackvue one, but those mf were faster than me
I haven’t looked at other brands yet, I just saw this a while back. Probably time for me to get one…
Hopefully they’ll catch the MoFo! If they would just cut people hands off for stealing we wouldn’t have this problem!

KrispyKotex

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr Rubicon Snazzberry
Occupation
USN Submariner (ret), IT Analyst/Network Engineer
Has anyone considered hiding an apple airtag somewhere on the outside of the vehicle for a cheap alternative to a lojack since it'll ping off anyone's iOS device and report back to you.
Airtags are great, but if the thief or their accomplice have an iPhone, their phone will be alerted that there's an airtag traveling with them. The thief can then make the airtag make a noise/ping it, find it, then smash it to pieces. If Apple would let us disable this when we set them up, that would be great, but their reasoning for this feature is so people cannot slip an airtag on someone without them knowing. -think stalking.
Sponsored