Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oraclelights.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL
Occupation
Automotive LED Manufacturing
The first time we took our JL on a trail we lost a tail light to a tree. We thought it was odd that the factory lights stuck out as much as they do and we realized others have run into this same issue. Photo of a JT for reference.
Jeep Wrangler JL Flush Mount Style LED Tail Lights for Jeep Wrangler JL Screen Shot 2021-08-06 at 10.49.43 AM

We will be offering a flush style tail light for the Wrangler JL in the near future and wanted to share some of the initial design and images of test fitting to get feedback from the members here.

This was our initial concept:
Jeep Wrangler JL Flush Mount Style LED Tail Lights for Jeep Wrangler JL oracle_Lighting_jl_wrangler_taillights_render

Creating a completely flush design with all of the electronics positioned inside of the fender cavity.
Jeep Wrangler JL Flush Mount Style LED Tail Lights for Jeep Wrangler JL oracle_Lighting_jl_wrangler_taillights_flush

After months of development we have test fitted our initial 3D printed prototypes with some really exciting results. The lights look great and perform exceptionally well.
Jeep Wrangler JL Flush Mount Style LED Tail Lights for Jeep Wrangler JL oracle_jl_wrangler_tail_lights_flush_LED

The frame of the tail light is completely flush to the body panel, eliminating any unnecessary exposure to trees, boulders, and other obstacles on tight trails.
Jeep Wrangler JL Flush Mount Style LED Tail Lights for Jeep Wrangler JL oracle_Lighting_jl_wrangler_tail_lights_flush

Besides being a functional "flush" design these feature some very interesting LED functionality including a high-powered LED reverse light and plug-and-play integration for the factory sensors.
Jeep Wrangler JL Flush Mount Style LED Tail Lights for Jeep Wrangler JL oracle_jl_wrangler_tail_lights_flush

We would love to hear your feedback!
Sponsored

Hogzilla

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0 turbo
The first time we took our JL on a trail we lost a tail light to a tree. We thought it was odd that the factory lights stuck out as much as they do and we realized others have run into this same issue. Photo of a JT for reference.
Screen Shot 2021-08-06 at 10.49.43 AM.png

We will be offering a flush style tail light for the Wrangler JL in the near future and wanted to share some of the initial design and images of test fitting to get feedback from the members here.

oracle_Lighting_jl_wrangler_taillights_render.jpg

Creating a completely flush design with all of the electronics positioned inside of the fender cavity.
oracle_Lighting_jl_wrangler_taillights_flush.jpg

After months of development we have test fitted our initial 3D printed prototypes with some really exciting results. The lights look great and perform exceptionally well.
oracle_jl_wrangler_tail_lights_flush_LED.jpg

The frame of the tail light is completely flush to the body panel, eliminating any unnecessary exposure to trees, boulders, and other obstacles on tight trails.
oracle_Lighting_jl_wrangler_tail_lights_flush.jpg

Besides being a functional "flush" design these feature some very interesting LED functionality including a high-powered LED reverse light and plug-and-play integration for the factory sensors.
oracle_jl_wrangler_tail_lights_flush.jpg

Those look good. Do you have any of them at night when they are lit up? Will they be true plug and play? I already have the LED package and looking for a simple swap without having to splice or add resistors.

SilverSurfer

First Name
Heinrich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon 3.6 8-speed Auto
It looks great, love them. What about integrating an orange turn signal LED for the right hand drive market. You can use the blank spot in the centre, to the right of the back-up lights.

_olllllllo_

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Hellayella JLU Rubicon 6-speed
It looks great, love them. What about integrating an orange turn signal LED for the right hand drive market. You can use the blank spot in the centre, to the right of the back-up lights.
How about providing even more white LEDs to provide even more light when backing up with the empty area?

_olllllllo_

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Hellayella JLU Rubicon 6-speed
Jeep Wrangler JL Flush Mount Style LED Tail Lights for Jeep Wrangler JL oracle_jl_wrangler_tail_lights_flush

That looks like a great design and I would be interested in switching mine out as long as it is plug and play to replace the factory LEDs.

Sponsored

OP
OP
ORACLElights

ORACLElights

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oraclelights.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL
Occupation
Those look good. Do you have any of them at night when they are lit up? Will they be true plug and play? I already have the LED package and looking for a simple swap without having to splice or add resistors.
Will post more photos, the overall appearance will match our JT tail lights which you can see here. www.oraclelights.com/products/flush-taillight-jt

Like the JT tail lights these will be 100% Plug and Play including Plug and Play connectors for sensor-equipped models.

We would but the bus wiring system would not allow this. The Turn signal and brake lights share he same circuit on the JL.

How about providing even more white LEDs to provide even more light when backing up with the empty area?
Empty area is for the cross traffic sensors. Trust us, the recvere lights you see here are extremely bright, most people would not want the reverse lights to be any brighter than what we have. If you do want them brighter we offer the AUX bumper reverse lights as well :)

JL MADDOG

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL 2.0L Turbo
Occupation
Jeepin'
Ditto, would love to see some action pics and would be concerned about proper LED function without having to splice something in.

Cypher

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Eco-Diesel now. 18, 19, 20 JLUR 3.6 old.
Occupation
Cybersecurity Leader
Vehicle Showcase

if these work with the blind spot sensors I will want a pair for sure. I was jealous of the JT flush mount ones and have been watching for a set for the JL. On my 2019, and 2020 JLUR I hit the taillights on tight brushy trails. for my 2021 JLUR I would love to avoid that!

when can these be purchased?

OP
OP
ORACLElights

ORACLElights

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oraclelights.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL
Occupation
if these work with the blind spot sensors I will want a pair for sure. I was jealous of the JT flush mount ones and have been watching for a set for the JL. On my 2019, and 2020 JLUR I hit the taillights on tight brushy trails. for my 2021 JLUR I would love to avoid that!

when can these be purchased?
Yes, this will work with the blind spot/ cross traffic sensors. You simply unscrew them from the factory tai lights and install them in the the sensor cradle in our lights. We have a PNP wiring adapter included to connect the sensors.

We are doing some initial testing right now and expect to begin production by the end of October.

Sponsored

Rico1111

First Name
Rico
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon 2 door JL
As much as I love your products, I would have to say I'd wait to see just how plug and play they are. I had issue with the plug and play harness that was supposed to work with the reverse steel bumper light. Reverting back to wire splice which was what I did not want to do. I think your design team is amazing and these should be a big hit! I myself will wait for them to actually be applied by others before committing to any purchase. They do look great!

Cypher

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Eco-Diesel now. 18, 19, 20 JLUR 3.6 old.
Occupation
Cybersecurity Leader
Vehicle Showcase
Yes, this will work with the blind spot/ cross traffic sensors. You simply unscrew them from the factory tai lights and install them in the the sensor cradle in our lights. We have a PNP wiring adapter included to connect the sensors.

We are doing some initial testing right now and expect to begin production by the end of October.
do you have a wait list etc. for these? if so put me on. Or will you just update this thread once they can be ordered?

Glad to give these a try over the other flush mount options where you lose the sensors.

Dave928

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon, 03 Silverado, 88 Porsche 928 S4
Occupation
Aircraft Tech
waiting for RL pics of the reverse lights at night.

TMD78

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Back again with JL#3, 2 door Willys
These look incredible. If they play nice with the sensors as stated (backup/cross path etc) you’ll be getting some of my hard earned cash.