Sponsored

KC HiLITES Flex Era 4 Wiring to AUX Switches

texasbryan

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 392; 2018 JLUR (sold); 2016 JKU (sold)
Just installed my Flex Era 4 lights today. Super easy install with factory aux panel and factory steel bumper. I used aux switch 1 for the white lights and aux switch 4 for the amber back light. To mount to the bumper I just took out two of the bolts that held the plate where the winch is now and the bolts on the light mount fit perfectly with no drilling needed. A little bit of a knuckle breaker with the tight space with the winch to get them tightened down but worked out real nice.
IMG_20210228_160156093.jpg
IMG_20210228_160230131.jpg
IMG_20210228_160419469.jpg
IMG_20210228_160510659_HDR.jpg
That looks great! Unrelated question…is that the Mopar bull bar on your bumper?
Sponsored

mmbagates

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon
That looks great! Unrelated question…is that the Mopar bull bar on your bumper?
Thanks! It's actually a Warn low height bull bar that I found on Amazon. Fit perfectly and has held up well so far.

Jeep Generation

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon, 2014 JK Willys, 1999 TJ Sport, 1966 CJ5-A
how would one wire this if they wanted to hook up to the factory fog light switch?
Do you still have your fog lights? Or are you wanting to use the FE4 only ?
Are you wanting the white light or the amber back light to come on with the fogs?

Sponsored

DARAMOS

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler Unlimted Sport
i no longer have fog lights. I am running an EVO Quarter Pounder and want to use the FE4 bumper mounted and control them (On/Off) using the factory fog light button (dial) if possible.

texasbryan

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 392; 2018 JLUR (sold); 2016 JKU (sold)
i no longer have fog lights. I am running an EVO Quarter Pounder and want to use the FE4 bumper mounted and control them (On/Off) using the factory fog light button (dial) if possible.
You can definitely tap into the fog light wiring which runs to the bumper on the right side of the vehicle as long as the amperage of the FE4 isn't too much. I'm not sure how the amperage of the FE4 compares to the factory fog lights. Kevin (Jeep Generation) may have a better answer about that.

Jeep Generation

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
You can definitely tap into the fog light wiring which runs to the bumper on the right side of the vehicle as long as the amperage of the FE4 isn't too much. I'm not sure how the amperage of the FE4 compares to the factory fog lights. Kevin (Jeep Generation) may have a better answer about that.
Jeep Wrangler JL KC HiLITES Flex Era 4 Wiring to AUX Switches 1625837959672

If you want the factory fog light button to activate the white light on the FE4, I would still have the main power for the lights ran through a relay and protected by the main in-line fuse. Instead of using the provided switch, you can use the Green wire that activates the relay tied in to the positive leg of the fog light feed. When you turn on the fog lights, it'll energize the relay, connecting the main Yellow wire to the 2 Red wires and turn on the white light.

What is your plan for the Amber back light? Do you plan to use it? You can move that smaller 3amp in-line fuse to the White Wire and connect it to another feed. Just make sure that the Amber is Off when the White Light is On. You can add another relay to kill the Amber light when the White light is on.

Before you permanently do all this, I would temp it all in and make sure that it works without any warning lights popping up or flickering.

DARAMOS

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler Unlimted Sport
awesome! appreciate the help. I've never really done anything lighting related or electrical on the jeep and this would be my real first "go" at it.

Jeep Generation

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
awesome! appreciate the help. I've never really done anything lighting related or electrical on the jeep and this would be my real first "go" at it.

No problem. Good luck. Here to help if you have any other questions. You can send me a message on IG also @jeep.generation if you have any other questions. Here is a video where I show adding the Amber back light as a running light and adding a relay to auto shut off the Amber back light when the White light comes on. If you decide to use the Amber back light, just make sure to shut it off when the White light is on.

Sponsored

KC HiLiTES

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JT, 1969 Wagoneer
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Lighting Adventures Since 1970
Just installed my Flex Era 4 lights today. Super easy install with factory aux panel and factory steel bumper. I used aux switch 1 for the white lights and aux switch 4 for the amber back light. To mount to the bumper I just took out two of the bolts that held the plate where the winch is now and the bolts on the light mount fit perfectly with no drilling needed. A little bit of a knuckle breaker with the tight space with the winch to get them tightened down but worked out real nice.
That Red accent looks really good. How are you liking the Combo FE4?

jlang

First Name
JDawg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL Punk'D Rubicon
Occupation
Semi-Retired

No problem. Good luck. Here to help if you have any other questions. You can send me a message on IG also @jeep.generation if you have any other questions. Here is a video where I show adding the Amber back light as a running light and adding a relay to auto shut off the Amber back light when the White light comes on. If you decide to use the Amber back light, just make sure to shut it off when the White light is on.
This is good info - thanks! I am on the wait list for the flex 4 and want to wire up the ambers.

KC HiLiTES

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JT, 1969 Wagoneer
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Lighting Adventures Since 1970
This is good info - thanks! I am on the wait list for the flex 4 and want to wire up the ambers.
Awesome! If you have any questions on wiring, feel free to reach out to myself or Jeep Generation. Did you want me to check your order status? You can send me a private message with your info.

jlang

First Name
JDawg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Semi-Retired
Awesome! If you have any questions on wiring, feel free to reach out to myself or Jeep Generation. Did you want me to check your order status? You can send me a private message with your info.
PM sent

jlang

First Name
JDawg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Semi-Retired
I received my tracking number today- should arrive late week. Great constumer service as usual. I will order the rock lights next.
Sponsored