Official Denver Area Group

Mgg253

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4xe
Hi all, this has been pretty quiet, so I figured I’d throw out a time and place:

Pole Hill Road, outside of Estes. August 15th at 9:30 am. Afterwards we can grab a burger and beer in Estes.

Anyone down?
though I can’t make the trip this is a fun road! Great dispersed camping up there too. I did this road in my grand Cherokee and loved it!
Sponsored

ZigZag

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLR (Hellayella)
Occupation
IT Professional
Clubs

I am curious why there isn't a Colorado Front Range section of the Forum under Local Sections instead of only a single thread that has moved off to Slack. Just asking as a longtime jeeper and member of other forums but new to JLWranglerforums.com.

MarkY3130

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I am curious why there isn't a Colorado Front Range section of the Forum under Local Sections instead of only a single thread that has moved off to Slack. Just asking as a longtime jeeper and member of other forums but new to JLWranglerforums.com.
The slack app with push notifications is nice. Honestly I don’t know why there isn’t just a front range section.

LooselyHeldPlans

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 3.6 JLUR
Occupation
Several
I think we get grouped in the 4 corners section although a front range section would be nice because there are so many members from CO.
You’re a staff member… can we request this?

Sponsored

LooselyHeldPlans

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 3.6 JLUR
Occupation
Several

1quick1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
Vehicle Showcase
I'm just a mod (deleter of whiney posts), I don't own the site.

Jshwon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Granite Crystal JL Rubicon
Can anyone share the slack channel? Id like to know of any local Denver jeep events or gtg’s that might be going on.

Jeep4Life0112

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR (Mojito)
Hi everyone. Our family recently moved to Castle Rock from the Midwest and are looking to officially break in our Rubicon. Just downloaded Gaia and are trying to find off-road opportunities in the front range. Where in the mountains should we head to get off-road and explore areas that most vehicles cannot reach? Thanks in advance for your recommendations!

Sponsored

ozon8r

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392 Hydro Blue
Build Thread
Link
Hi everyone. Our family recently moved to Castle Rock from the Midwest and are looking to officially break in our Rubicon. Just downloaded Gaia and are trying to find off-road opportunities in the front range. Where in the mountains should we head to get off-road and explore areas that most vehicles cannot reach? Thanks in advance for your recommendations!
I highly recommend the Charles A Wells & Matt Peterson books for Colorado and Utah, Colorado Backroads & 4 Wheel Drive Trails. There are two books covering Colorado, one for Moab area and are fantastic resources (get the spiral bound books which are much easier to keep open while on the trails). For apps, look at Gaia, which I run on my iPad and download maps prior to hitting the trails. Works great off GPS so long as the maps are downloaded first. Welcome to Colorado and enjoy exploring this incredible state.

COHiker

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Welcome to Castle Rock! One of the best parts is we have quick access to rampart range area which has a wide range of trails for a quick day. We usually keep those for late season wheeling when higher altitudes start to get snow. We also spend a lot of time around Idaho springs area and Breckenridge for some variety and chasing dry trails.

The back roads guide books are excellent as well as trails offroad. They have a good number of trails for all skill sets as well and can download to Gaia which is nice.

One thing I will say is a lot of trails have shelf roads which we have gotten used to but the first couple months got nerve racking. But now we bomb all over them. If comfortable with shelf roads Ouray is awesome and moab is moab, both are 6 hours from us and viable for long weekends.

Tynewlon

First Name
Tyler 🚺
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU 2.0 4Cyl
Hey there,

I’m moving back to CO on the 17th and will be located in Thornton. I’d love to get together and do some wheeling! I’ve only done a few smaller trails, nothing serious. I definitely want to work my way up to some of the more difficult trails. I’m in a 2020 JLU w/ 33s. Is there a FB page or something used to coordinate outings?

MontyW

First Name
Monty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 JK, 2016 JKU, 2020 JLU, ‘73 CJ5
Life long wheeler from CO, always looking for wheeling buddies!!!

MattMc123

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Altitude
Just got back from Jeep Academy in Moab this weekend. Had a blast and more confident now and looking to get out more.
Sponsored