Sponsored

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
Would airing down more have helped with traction?
Sponsored

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
“Steve wanted to build this Land Rover to show the world what Defender can do...”

Right. With the amount of modifications Steve had to do just to fit 35s, it is like Pamela Anderson undergoing plastic surgery, Botox shots and liposuction to be on a remake of Baywatch...
Lol. My understanding on his next build he’s doing for the defender would require a entirely new Pam :)

Kurlon

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4XE Rubicon, maybe?
Actually, I think they had to return the Wrangler to Jeep, as their time with the press vehicle had come to an end. They did not own the 4xe.
Oh, bummer. I was hoping to see more 4XE content from them.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Was the 4Xe returned?

I got the impression from the live chat earlier this week that they still had it.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
I noticed Steve slapped a “Hybrid” badge (from a GM of all places) on the back of that 392.

Is that supposed to be sarcasm...?

Sponsored

Fsttanks

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU / 2014 JK / 2020 JLUR
Would airing down more have helped with traction?
Yes. It is clear both the Defender and JLUR were not aired down enough. Picking poor lines and not having proper air pressure especially with wet MT tires was the cause for most of the issues with the V obstacle.

Last edited:

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
I noticed Steve slapped a “Hybrid” badge (from a GM of all places) on the back of that 392.

Is that supposed to be sarcasm...?
I saw that earlier, and questioned on FB group lol. It’s actually a custom sticker from pixeldecals.

Jeep Wrangler JL [TFL] Sasquatch Bronco vs Modded Wrangler vs Defender goes serious off-roading 8CDFE49C-F534-4D19-B0C2-9375D028FBB2
Jeep Wrangler JL [TFL] Sasquatch Bronco vs Modded Wrangler vs Defender goes serious off-roading 02288658-1010-4E50-AEFA-D14AC7B51520

rkj__

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra, Countryman, RZR
Was the 4Xe returned?

I got the impression from the live chat earlier this week that they still had it.
I don't recall exactly what comments were made about the 4xe on the last live show, but I remember them rushing to get the Bronco and Jeep out to Red Cone before they had to give up the 4xe.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
One area where Bronco has Wrangler beat is how instantaneous the lockers engage. That is an ongoing frustration with Rubicons; half the time you can't even tell if they locked or not. Jeep is going to have to work on that.

But man, all those warning chimes and bells on Bronco every time you hit a button would drive me nuts! That is one thing I despised on my Tacoma, and am really glad Jeep has never gotten into.

Sponsored

whiskey jack

First Name
marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jl
One area where Bronco has Wrangler beat is how instantaneous the lockers engage. That is an ongoing frustration with Rubicons; half the time you can't even tell if they locked or not. Jeep is going to have to work on that.

But man, all those warning chimes and bells on Bronco every time you hit a button would drive me nuts! That is one thing I despised on my Tacoma, and am really glad Jeep has never gotten into.
Are the lockers really engaging that quick? Good on ford if they are, but it could be the lights are indicating a "request " for engagement and not actually engagement. I believe jeep indicates actual engagement, not the request, which is why there's a delay. But, I could be completely full of shit too, so IDK.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Are the lockers really engaging that quick? Good on ford if they are, but it could be the lights are indicating a "request " for engagement and not actually engagement. I believe jeep indicates actual engagement, not the request, which is why there's a delay. But, I could be completely full of shit too, so IDK.
I don’t know either. I am going with what Tommy says of the videos.

But there has to be a better way than how Rubicon lockers engage at the moment.

Outrun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392XR

They use the same lockers as Jeep does. They both require a little turning of the wheel to actuate. The difference is the Jeep will blink and tell you when it's ACTUALLY locked while the Bronco just tells you when there is power sent to the locker. There is no electric locker that locks instantly with the flip of a switch.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Yes, as @Fsttanks said. They all could've benefited from less air and picking better lines.
Yeah, I got the impression that Steve guy wasn’t very good at picking lines.

I noticed, from the comfort of my couch, a few instances when they were scraping for traction: I’d have turned the tire into the rock to get the tread to bite into it, instead of just spin around like a paint roller.

He appeared to believe “more gas” was the answer for everything.

But hey, he drives a Land Rover...with dealer plates. So it kinda makes perfect sense... 😫

Last edited:

BCMgunner

First Name
Eli
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
392 on 37” KO2s
Anyone know if the 392 was on Dana 60s? Look like the 44s to me, if so, they held up great on 39”s!
Sponsored