Sponsored

What are the dumbest comments youve gotten about your jeep?

rayvonp

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler 4xe, 2021 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Truck Driver
I was getting gas and had some older guy pull to the pump behind me he came up and was asking about my Jeep has if he was interested and them immediately said it was a piece of shit and you can’t trust them and that’s why he drives foreign cars.
Sponsored

Retrograde

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLSS, 1995 Chevy K2500
Occupation
Arms Dealer
just two days ago on hwy 101, was definitely weird, (trailered)

Every now and then, I see one of those monster RV rigs going down the road pulling a matching, tandem axle trailer. And I think to myself, "Really? It's not enough that you have to drive a house down the road, but you need a trailer to carry all your shit, too?" And then I realize it's prolly a car that costs as much as the rig.

Cavs42

First Name
Owen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Unlimited Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
OP
OP
LiveToWork

LiveToWork

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 3500HD
Occupation
Oil patch
He said it was a piece of shit and you can’t trust them and that’s why he drives foreign cars.
Thats when you insult him back and say “yeah i used to say the same thing when i was too poor to afford north american vehicles”

Wraif

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 2-door manual Rubicon, 09 JKU
I dont see it as a "Dumb-Ass" comment. Not everyone keeps up with every new thing in the automotive market. The way Jeep has been cranking new things out, it isnt surprising people didnt know there was a diesel Jeep.
BTW, my wife owns a Toyota Highlander "Crossover", and I wouldnt call it a POS. As for quality, compared to a Jeep, the Jeeps are the POS. Just saying.
There ALWAYS has to be at least one on every thread. This time it’s YOU.

Sponsored

supermike

First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR 6 speed 2021 JLUR 392
I once said “that shit is gonna roll over” to a person outside the canyon land national park visit center. That’s a stock TJ with gobi style full rack, a roof top tent, and 2 5 gal Jerry can, couple storage boxes, hilift jack, water can, an awning on top of that…..sorry but that’s tippy AF….

DaltonGang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S, Rubicon Suspension, Tires, and Rims. Firecracker Red
There ALWAYS has to be at least one on every thread. This time it’s YOU.
Please, explain. Are you offended by me saying that my wifes Toyota is built better than my Jeep? Or, is it that you are so blindly loyal to Jeep products, that anyone who criticizes them is automatically marked a heretic??
Or, is it that anyone who doesn't automatically know of every new Wrangler engine option should be considered a "Dumb-Ass"??
These are my two points in my post, what is your issue??

Strommen95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GMC Canyon
Please, explain. Are you offended by me saying that my wifes Toyota is built better than my Jeep? Or, is it that you are so blindly loyal to Jeep products, that anyone who criticizes them is automatically marked a heretic??
Are you offended by someone saying their Jeep is better built than Toyota's they've had? Or, is it that you are so blindly loyal to Toyota that anyone who criticizes them is wrong? See how easy is it is to just spin things around? Vehicle Quality is entirely subjective.

I haven't had anything dumb said about my Jeep in a long time. It used to be "That's a nice Hummer" with a straight face when I had a JK but the JL hasn't had that. The only question I routinely get is something along the lines of "Where'd you get that custom paint job?" They're usually surprised to learn Mojito is from the factory.

VNT

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SRT Challenger, 2015 Hemi Overland, 02 WJ 4.7, 2000 Durango, PT Cruisers, 2018 Punkn Sahara 2020 OB Rubicon
At first I thought you were cool and someone I'd hang with. Then I saw the PT Cruiser and realized we can never be friends no matter how many Jeeps you own. I'm heartbroken over this because I really thought we had a chance at a wonderful bro-ship but alas it wasn't meant to be.
Jeesh, they have Turbos and 5 spds, just a SRT4 in differnt sheet metal. Then again in my former Turbo Dodge days, hung around guys like Gus who drag raced Turbo minivans, bless him was killed on a motor cycle. also a friend Gary who raced a reliant K-car, beat all the imports back in 2001 at NEDW at battle of the imports :)

BTW the Cruisers allow me to have my Rubicon and SRT and Shelby.

Check out

http://www.gusmahon.org/html/Mini.htm

and Gary's Reliant

http://www.thedodgegarage.com/

DaltonGang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Are you offended by someone saying their Jeep is better built than Toyota's they've had? Or, is it that you are so blindly loyal to Toyota that anyone who criticizes them is wrong? See how easy is it is to just spin things around? Vehicle Quality is entirely subjective.

I haven't had anything dumb said about my Jeep in a long time. It used to be "That's a nice Hummer" with a straight face when I had a JK but the JL hasn't had that. The only question I routinely get is something along the lines of "Where'd you get that custom paint job?" They're usually surprised to learn Mojito is from the factory.
Not blindly loyal, I've owned two Jeeps, and several Toyotas, since 1981. Hands down Toyota is built better. But, as you see, I drive a Jeep, and a Dodge Pickup, and the wife a Toyota. The Toyotas cannot do what the Wrangler or Dodge can, but at least I am honest about things.
Oh, "Lighten up Francis". Famous quote from the movie "Stripes".

Sponsored

Deleted member 59098

Thats when you insult him back and say “yeah i used to say the same thing when i was too poor to afford north american vehicles”
I can go on for 30 minutes about how Japanese products were so great in the 1980s. Walkman, hilux, video games. Cut to 2021 picila
I was getting gas and had some older guy pull to the pump behind me he came up and was asking about my Jeep has if he was interested and them immediately said it was a piece of shit and you can’t trust them and that’s why he drives foreign cars.
is there anything coming from Japan nowadays that is remotely interesting? Tundra and 4Runner are ok, but nothing spectacular. BMW took a massive nosedive in quality and driver experience the last several years as well.

Strommen95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GMC Canyon
Not blindly loyal, I've owned two Jeeps, and several Toyotas, since 1981. Hands down Toyota is built better. But, as you see, I drive a Jeep, and a Dodge Pickup, and the wife a Toyota. The Toyotas cannot do what the Wrangler or Dodge can, but at least I am honest about things.
Oh, "Lighten up Francis". Famous quote from the movie "Stripes".
Again, better built is subjective. You can't tell someone with a straight face Toyota is better built when theirs was crap. Their experience clearly differs. Similarly, it's hard to tell someone Jeep isn't crap if they've had nothing but trouble.

There's been literally millions of Toyota's dealing with premature frame rot and has been an ongoing issue for years. Most overrated brand ever. Perceptions from the early 90s and 80s regurgitates itself. I'm not trying to knock Toyota either, I don't have a problem with them. Just seems their fans are blind to their bias and that Toyota's have issues too.

OP
OP
LiveToWork

LiveToWork

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 3500HD
Occupation
Oil patch
Again, better built is subjective. You can't tell someone with a straight face Toyota is better built when theirs was crap. Their experience clearly differs. Similarly, it's hard to tell someone Jeep isn't crap if they've had nothing but trouble.

There's been literally millions of Toyota's dealing with premature frame rot and has been an ongoing issue for years. Most overrated brand ever. Perceptions from the early 90s and 80s regurgitates itself. I'm not trying to knock Toyota either, I don't have a problem with them. Just seems their fans are blind to their bias and that Toyota's have issues too.
Cant trust toyota fans. They tell you how they drove it for xxx,xxx miles and only replaced the oil and battery. They leave out the fact they just had major work done to it. Theyll never tell you their actual problems along the way.

DaltonGang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Cant trust toyota fans. They tell you how they drove it for xxx,xxx miles and only replaced the oil and battery. They leave out the fact they just had major work done to it. Theyll never tell you their actual problems along the way.
Well, I've owned Chevy, Ford, Buick, Dodge, Jeep, Honda, Toyota, and Nissan. Almost no issues with the Japanese vehicles, except for a switch or two going out, in the 190,000 miles, before they are traded in. Chevy, non stop issues, and major issues before 100k miles. Ford was very few, but traded at around 60k miles, due to needing more room. My 2000 Dodge 2500 Diesel pickup, 110k miles with many many major issues, and traded for a 2006 Dodge 2500 Diesel now at over 183k miles, with some minor issues. Keeping this one.
The Buick was awsome.
Now, my 2018 Jeep JLU 3.6. has Issues that continue. But, the Wrangler does things no vehicle can.
I like my Wrangler, issues and all. But, the Japanese do a better job with their quality control, IMHO.
There is a reason there is the saying "It's A Jeep Thang", and it isnt because they are trouble free.
Sponsored