Sponsored

Looks like Edelbrock is getting closer to production.

4xFUN

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2-door Rubi. 2023 RAM TRX
Will it work on 2021 JL models? Having a suprisingly hard time finding an answer to this...

Only on the 3.6 manual, does NOT work with etorque-wish Jeep would still let you chose a 3.6 auto without etroque.
Sponsored

Moosebear

First Name
Moose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 84 Chevy M1008, 22 Axial SCX6
Only on the 3.6 manual, does NOT work with etorque-wish Jeep would still let you chose a 3.6 auto without etroque.
Excellent, just what I ordered, thank you! Wish edelbrock would state this somewhere.

EForce-Tech

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLRU 8AT, 2020 JT 6MT
Will it work on 2021 JL models? Having a suprisingly hard time finding an answer to this...
The kit is not emissions legal yet for 2021 model year. Our 2021 JT is headed to the emissions lab this week for initial testing. We estimate having the actual EO sometime in November/December.

Last edited:

Moosebear

First Name
Moose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The kit is not emissions legal yet for 2021 model year. Our 2021 JT is headed to the emissions lab this week for initial testing. We estimate have the actual EO sometime in November/December.
If I get the kit now, can the emissions be sorted out later? A sticker or a tune or something? This is assuming there's no physical changes to the kit needed of course.

EForce-Tech

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If I get the kit now, can the emissions be sorted out later? A sticker or a tune or something? This is assuming there's no physical changes to the kit needed of course.
The kit components have not changed for 2021 model year. However Edelbrock cannot provide a calibration until emissions testing is passed per CARB/EPA.

Sponsored

Moosebear

First Name
Moose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The kit components have not changed for 2021 model year. However Edelbrock cannot provide a calibration until emissions testing is passed per CARB/EPA.
Good to know, thank you. Guess I'm waiting a few months.

4xFUN

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Thanks for the clarification. I knew the kit was the same for the 21's as for the 20's and they only fit the 3.6 non-etorque. However, I did not think through enough to realize that Edelbrock (as a manufacture) could not legally provide a tune until NMY emissions certification.

JeepSmash

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon Unlimited
Does the Carb EO cover the tune also? Curious how this works now that CA checks for non factory tunes and will fail you for it.

EForce-Tech

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Does the Carb EO cover the tune also? Curious how this works now that CA checks for non factory tunes and will fail you for it.
The complete supercharger kit (hardware and software) is EO legal and won't be an issue under the new CA guidelines.

Bigfx1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jl rubicon
More updates on Edelbrock Supercharger pre-install:

Got a chance to look closely at the 392 radiator and it really does not look much different/larger than the 3.6, so just ordered the Cold Case MOJ996 radiator.

Also think a catch-can would be a good idea for forced induction, ordered the Mishimoto kit, a little pricey but you get what you pay for.
Did you get it installed?

Sponsored

R00STER

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 3.6L - 6sp
The complete supercharger kit (hardware and software) is EO legal and won't be an issue under the new CA guidelines.
Do you offer CA non-compliant version? I need some torque below 2k, and i am willing to sacrifice a glacier or club a seal for it. :)

Just kidding, but not really......

4xFUN

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Did you get it installed?

Not yet, but soon...When I did my 4.88 regear and UD44 Advantek front axle, I decided to re-do the suspension at the same time: Metalcloak 2.5 springs, Teraflex passenger front and rear 1/2" spacers (Metalcloak springs are not side specific and the UD44 does not use the OEM side specific plastic spring perches) RK No Limits front sway bar links, Synergy rear sway bar links, Metalcloak 3/4" rear sway bar drop spacers and Synergy rear track bar frame-side track bar brace. Shocks will be AccuTune Fox.

I also just received (been on order since 4/21) the new (for 2-door 3.6) Borla Touring Climber cat-back, I wanted the exhaust installed before the supercharger so Edelbrock could account for it in their custom tune. Paused installation of the exhaust yesterday as I ordered some additional heat shielding to install on the floor pan above the Borla muffler...My OCD kicking up again!

Bigfx1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jl rubicon
Not yet, but soon...When I did my 4.88 regear and UD44 Advantek front axle, I decided to re-do the suspension at the same time: Metalcloak 2.5 springs, Teraflex passenger front and rear 1/2" spacers (Metalcloak springs are not side specific and the UD44 does not use the OEM side specific plastic spring perches) RK No Limits front sway bar links, Synergy rear sway bar links, Metalcloak 3/4" rear sway bar drop spacers and Synergy rear track bar frame-side track bar brace. Shocks will be AccuTune Fox.

I also just received (been on order since 4/21) the new (for 2-door 3.6) Borla Touring Climber cat-back, I wanted the exhaust installed before the supercharger so Edelbrock could account for it in their custom tune. Paused installation of the exhaust yesterday as I ordered some additional heat shielding to install on the floor pan above the Borla muffler...My OCD kicking up again!
Yeah I have the borla touring climber exhaust for the jlu and I love it went through 2 other exhaust and this one is perfect zero drone and sounds great. I also threw on the s&b intake and hood scoops which I like a lot too, keep us updated and who is installing your kit?

4xFUN

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah I have the borla touring climber exhaust for the jlu and I love it went through 2 other exhaust and this one is perfect zero drone and sounds great. I also threw on the s&b intake and hood scoops which I like a lot too, keep us updated and who is installing your kit?

Great to hear you are happy with the Borla Touring! I went with the Mopar CAI though have not yet and likely won't, cut in the side hood intake vent-I like the looks of a hood scoop better.

Will post detailed pictures and updates when the supercharger install begins and as it progresses. I will be doing the install myself. (Past life I was an ASE Chrysler tech, Mercedes tech, shop foreman and then service manager for one of the largest Mercedes dealers in the Southwest) I will also be installing a Cold-Case radiator for better cooling (AZ desert...) along with one step colder plugs and a Mishimoto oil catch can. (Installing a catch can when adding forced induction is usually a good idea)

EForce-Tech

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Do you offer CA non-compliant version? I need some torque below 2k, and i am willing to sacrifice a glacier or club a seal for it. :)

Just kidding, but not really......
Edelbrock cannot provide calibration support until emissions testing is completed. Here comes the part most ignore: it is federally illegal to modify an emissions controlled vehicle without 50 state/EPA certification regardless of where it is registered. Unfortunately we don't create the rules but we have to abide by them if we want to keep the doors open.
Sponsored