Sponsored

What are the dumbest comments youve gotten about your jeep?

MNML_OVRLND

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Sport S
Just got back from Ouray, CO running the trails.

Someone who saw my jeep in town just said "That looks pretty stockish to be offroading". To which I replied, "It'll be fine, if anything all the Jeep's around here are overbuilt for these trails..."

He laughed and said I was right.

(for the record, I love built jeeps, I just find it funny when people think you have to have a big lift and 37"s to go off-road and can't wheel a "stockish" jeep)

Jeep Wrangler JL What are the dumbest comments youve gotten about your jeep? Unknown
Sponsored

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T

csjlu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU
Someone who saw my jeep in town just said "That looks pretty stockish to be offroading". To which I replied, "It'll be fine, if anything all the Jeep's around here are overbuilt for these trails..."
Unknown.jpeg
Stockish, and tagged with NY plates. Love it! Looks like a great trip.

Sponsored

zouch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XJ, JLUWD
"She's a beauty."

To which I immediately respond with,"excuse me, my vehicle does not conform to heteronormative gender standards! It prefers the pronouns 'they' and 'them.'" 😤
jeeze; sounds like something you'd hear around here!

I didn't say that. That's been attributed to Enzo Ferrari.
the "J**ps is Americas only true sports car" statement frequently attributed to Enzo is in doubt for a number of reasons (though i really do wish he did say it):
https://www.hemmings.com/stories/20...y-call-jeep-the-only-true-american-sports-car

"That vehicles is not enviromentally friendly. I'm Vegan so I...blah blah"
really? my diesel is an Omnivore, and runs on a R80/B20 blend of Renewable Diesel made from Animal Renderings and BioDiesel.

CarbonSteel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Wildtrak
Vehicle Showcase
I have had two:

Person looking at hood:

"Man...that thing is Greee....een!"

Person jerking his thumb at my license plate:

"Root66. Is that your name and the year you were born?"

Sponsored

DrPerez007

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
See Signature
Occupation
Public Safety & Legal Consultant
My MOAB is Jeep #8. In all the years, I have never had a negative comment made as to any of them (different colors and models including M38A1, CJ, TJ, JK, & JL and some without tops or doors or both). Normally, I get comments in this vein:

“Love the Jeep.”
“Love the color.”
“Bad ass!”

Every once in awhile, however, someone will ask a silly question or make a foolish comment, such as:

“Do you like green?” Or “You must really like green.”

As is my usual sarcastic nature, my response generally is along the lines:

“No, but it makes it easier for the police surveillance helicopter to follow it.”
Jeep Wrangler JL What are the dumbest comments youve gotten about your jeep? 3B064A10-08EA-4BD2-B5ED-57FB9CD5AF03

TrailScooter

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Jeep Jt, 91 F1504x4 and so on...
My MOAB is Jeep #8. In all the years, I have never had a negative comment made as to any of them (different colors and models including M38A1, CJ, TJ, JK, & JL and some without tops or doors or both). Normally, I get comments in this vein:

“Love the Jeep.”
“Love the color.”
“Bad ass!”

Every once in awhile, however, someone will ask a silly question or make a foolish comment, such as:

“Do you like green?” Or “You must really like green.”

As is my usual sarcastic nature, my response generally is along the lines:

“No, but it makes it easier for the police surveillance helicopter to follow it.”
Jeep Wrangler JL What are the dumbest comments youve gotten about your jeep? 3B064A10-08EA-4BD2-B5ED-57FB9CD5AF03

You are a true environmentalist. Not many are willing to drive a green vehicle. Although, I really don't see how it helps. 🥴

DrPerez007

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
See Signature
Occupation
Public Safety & Legal Consultant
You are a true environmentalist. Not many are willing to drive a green vehicle. Although, I really don't see how it helps. 🥴
Always trying to do my part for conservation. It doesn’t get much greener that that! And who says Jeep can’t be climate conscious. Besides, taking doors and tops off and going off road puts one in touch with planet Earth a lot closer than a Land Rover or “G” Mercedes or even a Prius.

Last edited:

MNML_OVRLND

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Sport S
Stockish, and tagged with NY plates. Love it! Looks like a great trip.
Hahahaha, yeah, we got lots of comments about the New York plates out there too, mostly just people shouting "NEW YORK!!!" at us though with a big thumbs up and a smile.

Retrograde

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLSS, 1995 Chevy K2500
Occupation
Arms Dealer