Sponsored

BagPipesActual

First Name
BagPipes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU Sahara ..2021 JL Rubicon (Ordered)
I have $10,000 in parts either in my house or already ordered for a JL that hasn’t even been built yet. 🙄
Lol, I'm trying very hard not to be in the same boat. I keep telling myself to at least wait until I get it. I just got my VIn # today and im already ordering control arms for the steering issues this forum has convinced me I will have and I can almost see myself airing the tires down from 50psi to 32psi on the lot.
Sponsored

rkwfxd

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR, 2020 Tahoe 4x4, 2006 Tundra, 1990 964
Occupation
Unemployed
Lol, I'm trying very hard not to be in the same boat. I keep telling myself to at least wait until I get it. I just got my VIn # today and im already ordering control arms for the steering issues this forum has convinced me I will have and I can almost see myself airing the tires down from 50psi to 32psi on the lot.
Oh man I forgot all about the tire pressures. I already know I am going to pop the fuse box cover and make sure they are all seated.

BagPipesActual

First Name
BagPipes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU Sahara ..2021 JL Rubicon (Ordered)
Oh man I forgot all about the tire pressures. I already know I am going to pop the fuse box cover and make sure they are all seated.
Yes, I almost forgot about the fuses.

I probably dropped 6 grand into my 2014 Sahara and if I'm being honest Id probably have done all of that differently. My first jeep and I learned, how I learn most things, the hard way. Ive sworn a blood oath to pay for only quality parts and Ive also learned that I need to learn to wrench on some things myself as labor for mods basically doubles the cost. Ive also learned on this forum that the build can be as fun as the jeeping itself and very satisfying when you do it yourself. Same thing a lot of gun guys learn about reloading I suppose. Im committed to trying to enjoy the Rubi stock..ish for a year and upping my wrenching game.

rkwfxd

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR, 2020 Tahoe 4x4, 2006 Tundra, 1990 964
Occupation
Unemployed
Yes, I almost forgot about the fuses.

I probably dropped 6 grand into my 2014 Sahara and if I'm being honest Id probably have done all of that differently. My first jeep and I learned, how I learn most things, the hard way. Ive sworn a blood oath to pay for only quality parts and Ive also learned that I need to learn to wrench on some things myself as labor for mods basically doubles the cost. Ive also learned on this forum that the build can be as fun as the jeeping itself and very satisfying when you do it yourself. Same thing a lot of gun guys learn about reloading I suppose. Im committed to trying to enjoy the Rubi stock..ish for a year and upping my wrenching game.
I built my TJ on my own excepte for bleeding the brake and installing the gears. Everything else was done in my garage, lift, cage, armor, front locker etc….

You are correct, the building and wrenching is fun.

With my new JL I have been focused on armor and setting it up to flat tow behind the RV.

Sponsored

dblankenbaker

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lots of old Jeeps. JLURD ordered 5/7.
I budgeted $10K $12K $14K $16K $18K for my mods. I've already spent $13K+ on mods not counting little stuff and labor. So I'm already $82K+ onto the JLURD w/another $4.8K yet to spend. :facepalm:

Sand Flea

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler Unlimited, Sahara
Occupation
Federal Firefighter, Retired
My 2018 Wrangler Sahara sticker was 50k and it only has 19k miles on it.
If my dealer was offering me 52k for mine, I'd be spec'ing a new replacement right now.

Mine doesn't have the amount of mods yours does, but I've learned the dealers love a 'mostly stock' Jeep, and are willing to pay more for one.

IMG_2948.jpeg

Rangemaster

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon Diesel
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Business Owner
I budgeted $10K $12K $14K $16K $18K for my mods. I've already spent $13K+ on mods not counting little stuff and labor. So I'm already $82K+ onto the JLURD w/another $4.8K yet to spend. :facepalm:
I am with you, I lost track of the money months ago. I bet I am pushing 90K now on my diesel.

bhumrick

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
Speaking of mods and $$. Luckily I have USAA for insurance because they will cover "up to" 100% cost of all added mods as long as you supply them with receipts.
Might Want to check that. I have USAA too and they told me there is only 5k insurance for upgrades with or without a receipt. I did up my coverage to 110% of the the value so in the event of a total loss I have 10% more +5k.

fuelfox4949

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Rubicon JL
Occupation
Capt of the Wiggle Wagons.
hey guys i tried to add up the upgrades I have on my jeep and could not get a exact number but came up to about 25k in upgrades and thankfully only 1000 of that was labor due to new gears and lockers put in it.
o yeah did i mention this is for my 1998 cherokee XJ that i have had for the last 10 years, and now even though nothing is wrong with it... I decided to order a 2 door Wrangler Rubicon to start the fun all over again ;]
this may be a sickness! but i think it will be fun.
and the future wife is looking forward to driving the other jeep on the trail behind me.

Sponsored

Yaak392

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 jeep Rubicon 392
My wife and I were just talking about this yesterday. About a week or so ago I traded in my built JL Sport for a 2021 Rubicon (see my profile; not updated yet).

We were discussing upcoming mods; frame-mounted rock rails with steps were ordered Monday and will be in next week. I was looking at bumpers, winches, lift kits, etc. after placing the order, and asking her opinions. The following conversation ensued. I went into military lingo mode - my comfort zone.

She was adding up the costs in her head. “So...you’re telling me this is gonna run us about 5-6K when it’s done???”

”Ma’am, yes ma’am. As you know ma’am, we battle-staffed this before the trade. As you recall, I published a MODPLAN for this operation. From that, I have refined it to this MODORD,” I said, as I handed it to her. “Metrics have been updated based upon current needs.”

The General gave me her steely-eyed look for a few long moments. Her reply: “Our current base of operations has some logistical priorities which will take precedence.”

I nodded. “Roger that, ma’am,” I said, as I went and grabbed a beer and changed the subject.
I think Fido may get some company ....

GIJL

First Name
Clint
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Vehicle Showcase
Just traded in my F350 for a 2021 JLUR diesel in Maryland. Only bright white one I could find in four states with limited inventory out there now. It was $65K and $5K extra for T,T,T and shipping.

Jeepeto

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR XR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Sparky
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

My Wife didn't know until I told her that I spent $$$$ in Mods. WOE Baby! What's your budget? She asked..
I Just told her I went over. Oops..
My wife knows me well enough to know, but it’s her daily driver so she doesn’t bitch 😀

Still don’t want to give her a number lol
Sponsored