Dash Lit up Loss of Steering

Predatorjl

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara JLU Mojito
Okay so let's start with I've probably read over 200 posts and accumulated over 100 hrs of research trying to figure this out with no solution.

About 6 weeks ago I was driving down the highway and the whole dash lit up. CEL, Service ESC, Service ABS, Service Shifter the works.
I pulled over checked the codes found close to 20, cleared them and went on my way. Easy drive on hey not hilly few bumps etc.
Completed the event and drove home.

On the way home it did it again. Cleared the codes and was on my way. Happened about 3 or 4 times in a 10 hr trip.

Got home and started researching. First "fix" . Changed both batteries. Thought I had it licked....hahahaha guess again. Next trip heading down the rd BAM happened again. This time locked me in Gear. Pulled over and put in park and couldn't shift out. Cleared the codes took a few times and about 10 minutes and back on the rd. Get to the event and a number of times I'd start the Jeep and not be able to move. Already 8hrs from home I finished the weekend and drove home happened on the way back a number of times again including a NO BUS signal and loss of Power Steering with the jeep shutting off and restarting.

Get home....more research and talking to a number of industry friends and master techs decided to try the PDC array fuse. Didn't fix it.......arggghhhhhhhh and many swears.

By now I've disconnected every auxiliary addition lights, winch, you name it. Replaced both batteries, array fuse ,unmarried updated and re installed my Tazer JL cleaned and torqued all engine grounds and checked all abs module connections and esc pump connections as well. I've seated all.fuses and relays. But still 1 day I'll drive to town and back 3 or 4 times no issue next day Get in first thing and X Mas tree and can't move the vehicle.

I have a higher end OBD2 reader as I own a shop and build these vehicles everyday and am pretty good at what I do. I'm also a decent diagnostic tech but I'm at a loss.

Can't get a base line. Ex. Bumps, turns, wet out or dry, hot or cold, long trip or short nothing.

Jeep is a 2018 JLUS with 69k. I've never had a single problem till this.
Here are the codes that consistently show up.

U110 lost vehicle speed message
U0121 lost comm with ABS module
U1120 lost wheel distance message
U11bc lost brake switch message
U1110 lost vehicle speed message
U11bf
P057c brake pedal position sensor circuit low
U11e4 CAN communication messages missing

Jeep ABS
U0002-00
CAN C Bus off Performance

C1252-92
Vacuum pump control circuit performance
Performance or incorrect operation
Sponsored

OP
OP
Predatorjl

Predatorjl

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Noone has any input. ? 117 views
Seems to be a consistent and massive issue with these JLs

redsyphon

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Occupation
IT Project Manager
Vehicle Showcase
It says a few circuits are misbehaving. It may be time to pull up factory wiring diagrams to see where those circuits are and how they tie into each other.

Otherwise, I'd think you could spend years fumbling around with the wiring.

If you have t already done this that is...

Jordon97

First Name
Jordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jeep wrangler sahara jlu
Have you figured this out yet I have been having the same issues changed both batteries aswell as park assist module and tpms module. Went away for a week each thing I fixed but is no back. And I am also at a loss

Sponsored

DNNDRTY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 Cherokee, 2012 wrangler unlimited
@Predatorjl any solution found for this? I have a JLUR with 44,704 miles on it and it has same issue with the similar codes:

U0121 lost comm with ABS module
U1120 lost wheel distance message
U11bc lost brake switch message
U1110 lost vehicle speed message
U11bf -?
P057c brake pedal position sensor circuit low

OP
OP
Predatorjl

Predatorjl

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Okay so from all my research I've done on this all the fuses I've seated, batteries changed, grounds, re grounded and plugs verified the one place I have found to have a loose connection issue is the Green Buss block behind the glove box.

Make sure all the plugs are fully seated. I have found that if I clear the codes to blank and drive around when my dash lights up I can reach over and tap,push,shake,jostle the wires going into this box and it shuts the majority of the codes off primarily the BRAKE light which with my Automatic it prevents me from shifting out of gear. There is no rhyme or reason, no standard "it happens when I do this" to these problems. This is the only "fix" I have found to maintain it.

I have priced out the harness and block where unfortunately you can not buy them seperate and it's close to 800 for my specific Jeep.

If you guys have any questions and want to reach out to help troubleshoot I'm happy to help. My cell is 603-381-3742 I own Predator Trail Gear and have been diagnosing this issue with the help of a few friends at other companies and this is the farthest we've come.
Hope this helps good luck.

Also I have seen more times then not the harness on the Rubicons to the swaybar disc is a problem. If you have a warranty USE IT unlike I have had the ability to.

spaceparents

First Name
Suzi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon
Sounds exactly like mine. There is a known star ticket and issue with a wire harness that seems to short the battery. Problem is the harness is on back order and mine is going on 3 months of waiting but finally came in. Look at other threads here : https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/service-shifter-power-steering.32670/page-3 and I will keep you posted if this harness truly solves it for me, but the dealership was able to replicate the exact experience of flashes errors with a jiggle of the wire even though tightly connected.

DNNDRTY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Okay so from all my research I've done on this all the fuses I've seated, batteries changed, grounds, re grounded and plugs verified the one place I have found to have a loose connection issue is the Green Buss block behind the glove box.

Make sure all the plugs are fully seated. I have found that if I clear the codes to blank and drive around when my dash lights up I can reach over and tap,push,shake,jostle the wires going into this box and it shuts the majority of the codes off primarily the BRAKE light which with my Automatic it prevents me from shifting out of gear. There is no rhyme or reason, no standard "it happens when I do this" to these problems. This is the only "fix" I have found to maintain it.

I have priced out the harness and block where unfortunately you can not buy them seperate and it's close to 800 for my specific Jeep.

If you guys have any questions and want to reach out to help troubleshoot I'm happy to help. My cell is 603-381-3742 I own Predator Trail Gear and have been diagnosing this issue with the help of a few friends at other companies and this is the farthest we've come.
Hope this helps good luck.

Also I have seen more times then not the harness on the Rubicons to the swaybar disc is a problem. If you have a warranty USE IT unlike I have had the ability to.
thanks! my lights went away, but when they come back I will test the wires behind glove box

Jeep Wrangler JL Dash Lit up Loss of Steering 67B583BB-E9EC-4185-A58C-C0FA92373488

Sounds exactly like mine. There is a known star ticket and issue with a wire harness that seems to short the battery. Problem is the harness is on back order and mine is going on 3 months of waiting but finally came in. Look at other threads here : https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/service-shifter-power-steering.32670/page-3 and I will keep you posted if this harness truly solves it for me, but the dealership was able to replicate the exact experience of flashes errors with a jiggle of the wire even though tightly connected.
do you have the star case number and a photo of your harness impacted? I’ve check all my grounds and harness. Nothing chewed up or pinched. My sway bar harness looks okay, but will keep an eye on that. Should the wire conduit be exposed at end of harness clip though?

Jeep Wrangler JL Dash Lit up Loss of Steering 8AFE34D8-157E-4BAD-A0EE-C135D5A2A71B

Sponsored

DNNDRTY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Any updates
my lights have not come back yet. Of course they will pop up again when it’s inconvenient. Guess if I knew how to replicate I’d also know the issue 😅

I am curious about the star case and specific harness @spaceparents has

spaceparents

First Name
Suzi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon
This is from the other thread I posted above. Lots of good data there as well. Once I get mine back and see how they marked it I'd be happy to share (hopefully getting it back finally this week). The part that they replaced for me was 68413051AF Wiring-Instrument PAN
Jeep Wrangler JL Dash Lit up Loss of Steering 1629737228130

gato

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
I'm having a similar problem. Initial symptom is "Service Shifter" message, occasionally followed by a bunch of warnings from the other modules (ABS, Stability Control, etc).

I started a thread to document possible solutions and detail my trouble shooting and progress to date:

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...s-fixes-and-parts-changed.77596/#post-1627057

Net/net is that all these modules are connected via the High Speed (500kbps) CAN C bus. So usually there is a lot of messages and some of these modules isolate themselves.

Here is a picture of the CAN C Bus (more details in the thread above)

Jeep Wrangler JL Dash Lit up Loss of Steering 1629821931240

gato

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Do you have a picture of this harness and/or where it tends to go bad and how to check it?

P.S. I'll check the green block behind the glove box next time as well.

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
You can read posts all day and not get any closer to a fix. You need to look at your vehicle and diagnose it properly.
Sponsored