Experience selling 2018 JK to Vroom

MNWIlKO

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Hi everyone! With the crazy prices of used vehicles right now, some of you may be tempted to sell through Vroom or Carvana, and I wanted to share my experience.

My wife and I purchased our 2018 JK Sport S 2 years ago as a left over when the JL’s came out. We got a great deal on a very basic jeep, hard top, manual trans, manual locks and windows. $25,500 +TTL. We recently ordered a 21 JLUR so it was time to let the sport go.

I got offers from Caravana, KBB instant cash offer, CarMax, and Vroom. Vroom was several thousands higher than anyone else. though all of their offers were higher than what I paid for the Jeep brand new. I decided to proceed with the Vroom offer, this was the timeline.

-07/21 got Vroom offer
-07/22 accepted Vroom offer
-07/23 received paperwork via fedex overnight to sign and return
-07/24 received an email confirming they got my paperwork, also got assigned a shipping carrier.
-07/26 I called to inquire when the driver was coming, they answered the phone immediately and were helpful, she told me they would come the following Monday.
-07/28 I get a call from the transporter saying he could come that night if I was home. He showed up late but took some pictures and loaded up my Jeep.
07/30 AFedEx envelope with my check arrived.

overall very smooth transaction and would definitely sell them a car in the future. I hope this is helpful for anyone else considering this.
Sponsored

jlang

First Name
JDawg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL Punk'D Rubicon
Occupation
Semi-Retired
Yes, I had a very easy process as well.

Spearmin

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Hi everyone! With the crazy prices of used vehicles right now, some of you may be tempted to sell through Vroom or Carvana, and I wanted to share my experience.

My wife and I purchased our 2018 JK Sport S 2 years ago as a left over when the JL’s came out. We got a great deal on a very basic jeep, hard top, manual trans, manual locks and windows. $25,500 +TTL. We recently ordered a 21 JLUR so it was time to let the sport go.

I got offers from Caravana, KBB instant cash offer, CarMax, and Vroom. Vroom was several thousands higher than anyone else. though all of their offers were higher than what I paid for the Jeep brand new. I decided to proceed with the Vroom offer, this was the timeline.

-07/21 got Vroom offer
-07/22 accepted Vroom offer
-07/23 received paperwork via fedex overnight to sign and return
-07/24 received an email confirming they got my paperwork, also got assigned a shipping carrier.
-07/26 I called to inquire when the driver was coming, they answered the phone immediately and were helpful, she told me they would come the following Monday.
-07/28 I get a call from the transporter saying he could come that night if I was home. He showed up late but took some pictures and loaded up my Jeep.
07/30 AFedEx envelope with my check arrived.

overall very smooth transaction and would definitely sell them a car in the future. I hope this is helpful for anyone else considering this.
How many miles did you have on the Jeep.

MallTerrainVehicle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Personally wasn't too happy with vroom but of course ymmv. Carvana offered me over 47k for my 21 JLUR while vroom offered me 41k. And that was after taking 2 deays to email me back because they wouldn't do an instant offer

Kevin Mojito

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Moijto 2005 TJ AEV Hemi
Sold to Carvana last year. Fast easy and $4k more than local dealers.
Sponsored