Borla Exhaust for the Jeep Wrangler JL 2.0L

Huehue80

First Name
Cohan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JLUR
For those of you that installed the borla climber. Did you use any heat shield on, or above, or around where it sits vs. stock position? Wondering if this is needed or not. I’m in Florida and also planning on installing artec skid plates if this has any input into the need or not.
i did put some reflective tape on the plastic near the battery and a little around where you point out, just to smooth off the point. Also I didn’t want to remove the cross member so I just cut out the stock exhaust to install the borla. You don’t have to do that if you install before you get the artec skid. Both are awesome products
Sponsored

OP
OP
Ian@Borla

Ian@Borla

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Borla
Sent Chris an email 6/22, never got a reply.
I apologize for my late response, I'm just now seeing this. Sorry about that! Please PM me your phone number or email address and I will have him reach out to you.

OP
OP
Ian@Borla

Ian@Borla

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Borla
Is there a climber for a 2-door?
I'm afraid we do not have a Climber system for the 2-door JL at the moment. We plan to offer it, but we haven't had access to a 2-door JL for R&D.

aphillips76

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL 2 Door
Build Thread
Link
I'm afraid we do not have a Climber system for the 2-door JL at the moment. We plan to offer it, but we haven't had access to a 2-door JL for R&D.
If you have a dev center in Colorado, I would volunteer mine... :)

Sponsored

Yellowssm

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Just installed the borla climber touring and it’s very quiet. I barely notice a difference from stock. Does it get louder with break in?

0479AA4E-4DE0-464D-B2B0-12B79DB36C6A.jpeg

FC8EA3A9-7679-4CD1-B882-69045FEF1B17.jpeg

Instaurare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL 2.0 turbo
Last post on this thread was nearly one year ago. Is there any update on when the climber touring cat-back will be available for the two door 2.0 turbo?

mushroomax

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
I didn't, the only place it's close is near the plastic cover around the coolant lines leading into the batteries. Also plan on installing the Artec skid plates. My only concern with that plate is the cross bar looks like it goes up right around where the muffler is. Added a couple of photos to show the area I'm talking about.

Jeep Wrangler JL Borla Exhaust for the Jeep Wrangler JL 2.0L FC8EA3A9-7679-4CD1-B882-69045FEF1B17

Jeep Wrangler JL Borla Exhaust for the Jeep Wrangler JL 2.0L FC8EA3A9-7679-4CD1-B882-69045FEF1B17
A little late to the party I know, so to document for future searchers, it will need to be clearanced with a cutoff wheel/grinder approx 1/4 inch in that spot. End result below:

IMG_3474.JPG

Puckn19

First Name
Quentin Corbett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
A little late to the party I know, so to document for future searchers, it will need to be clearanced with a cutoff wheel/grinder approx 1/4 inch in that spot. End result below:

Jeep Wrangler JL Borla Exhaust for the Jeep Wrangler JL 2.0L IMG_3474.JPG
Thanks, I ended up going with Rusty's skid plates and didn't need to do trim anything.

Sponsored

abecker

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
Borla now offers a Touring Climber for the 2-door JL w/3.6 auto or manual. Mine was the first order they received (placed 4/21/21 when first announced) and I received it Thursday, manufacture date was July 20 21. Just removed old exhaust, laid out Borla and plan to install in the morning!
Your installing the one made for the 3.6 on the 2.0l?

rubiRI77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon two door. 2.0 Turbo.
any news on a climber touring for two door 2.0? VERY interested in it if they make it.