Very disappointing news from my build status

au1994

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sahara 4xe, BMW X1
Occupation
Chickens
If anyone has a spare billion laying around, now would be the time to start a chip factor.

Stanley

First Name
Stas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Golf Gti. Ordered 2021 Wrangler Willy's
This what I received:
Thank you very much and thank you so much for your patience and holding. I am showing all of the materials needed to start the build process have been received. The vehicle should be entering the build process very soon.

Then I asked about shut-down and she responded:
It is a good question. I am not showing any closures for the Toledo Assembly Complex as of now. The Toledo Assembly Complex was closed the week of July 12 for maintenance and resumed the week of July 19. If there is anything announced in the future for the Toledo plant we can check for you

Sponsored

OP
OP
Cowboy from hell

Cowboy from hell

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Dr Rubicon hydro pearl 6 speed
There might not even be any 2022 built period with all the talk on the news about the delta strain of covid. Im predicting another serious shutdown. ......no jeeps for anybody

Monster1926

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Silverado 2500HD midnight
There might not even be any 2022 built period with all the talk on the news about the delta strain of covid. Im predicting another serious shutdown. ......no jeeps for anybody
Thatā€™s funny. Theyā€™ll just go back to wearing masks and social distancing.

Bags

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Rubicon 2D
I was just now told the plant building My JLR will be closed next week as well. ā€Mauriceā€ said it was just announced today.
And it is due to the micro-chip shortage.

very bothersome indeed.

Yaak392

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 jeep Rubicon 392
So I was just informed through a jeep representative on jeep chat that my special order Rubicon that I placed 7-15, won't be ready for shipment until January2022!! I am disgusted that my dealer assured me I will have my new jeep by October 1. They even said I could get it as early as 4 weeks. I said great!, here's my deposit and placed the order. If I knew it was a 5-6 month wait, I would have just waited until January or February and ordered a 2022 for the spring and summer. I want to call dealer and say cancel my order, deals off and I want my deposit back. What would you guys do?....my build was just a bare bones stock Rubicon, no gorilla glass, etc . not sure why it takes 6 months to build a 2 Dr manual soft top Rubicon...... Im wicked bummed out guys.....
Is there a good reason to be loyal to the dealership? My attitude is I spend my money only where I want. Piss me off and I'm gone..
I ordered my 392 from one dealership.. but bought a different 392 from another dealership. No regrets. (Same cost) good luck with your purchase.

PocketsEmptied

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 JKUR, '21 JLUR
You got to understand where Jeep Chat is coming from and you can't take anything they say, not even the summarized status, as being good information. They are often (very) misinformed. It is true the Gladiator line is being shut down for a week and there is a rumor around that the Wrangler may take a 1 day break as well. Other Jeep vehicles are having massive issues with production due to chip shortages but Jeep is putting all their resources and parts towards Wranglers as it's their most profitable model. Jeep chat misuses or misunderstands this information (because they deal across all Jeep vehicles) and uses it as good information about Wranglers. It is not true - at least not yet. Wranglers are being pumped out as fast as they can make them as we speak. How long can they go? We don't know, neither does Jeep Chat, and they will be the last to know. They most likely heard about the Gladiators today and mistook that for Gladiators + Wranglers and are now spreading misinformation.

EDIT: the rumored 1 day Wrangler shutdown was for tomorrow, so if true that would line up with things starting back up on Monday (since they are closed on Sundays). So maybe 1 of the Jeep Chat people is informed, I haven't seen any confirmation of it though. The others may be taking that 1 day as shut down forever or confusing it with the Gladiators. Talk to 3 chat people and you will get 10 different stories....

Last edited:

Sponsored

MJKid88

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4xe
Occupation
HVAC
You got to understand where Jeep Chat is coming from and you can't take anything they say, not even the summarized status, as being good information. They are often (very) misinformed. It is true the Gladiator line is being shut down for a week and there is a rumor around that the Wrangler may take a 1 day break as well. Other Jeep vehicles are having massive issues with production due to chip shortages but Jeep is putting all their resources and parts towards Wranglers as it's their most profitable model. Jeep chat misuses or misunderstands this information (because they deal across all Jeep vehicles) and uses it as good information about Wranglers. It is not true - at least not yet. Wranglers are being pumped out as fast as they can make them as we speak. How long can they go? We don't know, neither does Jeep Chat, and they will be the last to know. They most likely heard about the Gladiators today and mistook that for Gladiators + Wranglers and are now spreading misinformation.

EDIT: the rumored 1 day Wrangler shutdown was for tomorrow, so if true that would line up with things starting back up on Monday (since they are closed on Sundays). So maybe 1 of the Jeep Chat people is informed, I haven't seen any confirmation of it though. The others may be taking that 1 day as shut down forever or confusing it with the Gladiators. Talk to 3 chat people and you will get 10 different stories....
Where did you get the info on the 1-day Wrangler line shut down?

EJWF11

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR
Folksā€¦. Has it ever occurred to you that the Jeep chat people are jerking you around? I mean, honestly, even the starbucks crew gets tired of mixing frapsā€¦ so im sure jeep chat get tired of ā€˜wheres my build?!ā€™
Let it beā€¦ if you need one that bad, consider shopping around for one on a lot thatā€™s close enough

Schuter

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Silverado 2500
I just received this email from [email protected] for the loaded JLU Rubicon I ordered on 7/3. WTF!!!!

Thank you for your recent order of a 2021 Jeep! We are excited to welcome you to the Jeep family!
The purpose of this email is to provide you the estimated delivery date of your Wrangler.
Based on our most recent information, your vehicle is to arrive at CENTRAL CHRYSLER DODGE JEEP RAM OF RAYNHAM the week of 11/9/2021.

Zig612

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CR-V
This what I received:
Thank you very much and thank you so much for your patience and holding. I am showing all of the materials needed to start the build process have been received. The vehicle should be entering the build process very soon.

Then I asked about shut-down and she responded:
It is a good question. I am not showing any closures for the Toledo Assembly Complex as of now. The Toledo Assembly Complex was closed the week of July 12 for maintenance and resumed the week of July 19. If there is anything announced in the future for the Toledo plant we can check for you
I got same message today. Then I asked why last week I was told all parts were in and waiting to begin assembly. They responded that they did see that in my history, so it should be soon. Check back after next weekā€™s closure.
Two hours later I got an email informing me that Jeep should be ready for delivery 8/29. Ordered 6/24. I also said I was considering forfeiting my deposit because I will need a car soon, even if it is not a Jeep. Hope it happensā€¦.
Sponsored