Random Alert Chimes While Driving

LJ_3M121318

First Name
LJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Rubicon
For the last several weeks I have noticed my 4xe will sometimes emit a single alert chime within the first couple of minutes of driving. There is no message on any of the displays that accompany the chime and my seatbelt is always fastened.

In addition, about 10 miles into my drive today I started getting repeated alert chimes similar to when the seatbelt isn't fastened (but it was) and there was no accompanying message to suggest what was wrong.

I have about 1,700 miles on my Jeep and have not had any issues up until this point.

Has anyone else encountered this and were you able to figure out what the issue is?
YES! I have been getting this too. It always happens at the start of a trip, about 1 minute in the drive. In fact its pretty common that I know the exact moment it will go off based on my normal weekday driving routine. Will try to record it. It's been driving me crazy. I turned off the beep for the favorite artist so I know its not that
Sponsored

LJ_3M121318

First Name
LJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Rubicon
That's your Sirius radio alerting you to the fact that one of your 'favorite' songs is on... (Sirius Radio is never "off". When you turn it off, it's just muted, and continues to monitor the Sirius broadcast.)

Clear your favorites, and those chimes will go away.
I thought so at first but then I went to the options and turned off the sound. So I know its not that. Now when my favorite artist is on, its just the notification on the radio saying favorite artist, but no beep. So its definitely not that.

Retrograde

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLSS, 1995 Chevy K2500
Occupation
Arms Dealer
I wouldn't worry about it then. It's probably not Sirius...

😺

Stealth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4xe
That's your Sirius radio alerting you to the fact that one of your 'favorite' songs is on... (Sirius Radio is never "off". When you turn it off, it's just muted, and continues to monitor the Sirius broadcast.)

Clear your favorites, and those chimes will go away.
Thank you for the information. Very helpful.

Sponsored

NewJLU2019

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited 2019 Sahara Unlimited
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Check Nav settings. There are alerts that can be set to warn when you go over the speed limit.
I Thought of that but on my 8.4 the lady comes over speakers and tells me, there is not a chime etc. Just her yelling at me to slow down.

whenasked

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited 4XE
I Thought of that but on my 8.4 the lady comes over speakers and tells me, there is not a chime etc. Just her yelling at me to slow down.
Yes, the same lady can be trained to beep or shout in the Nav settings:)

NewJLU2019

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited 2019 Sahara Unlimited
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Yes, the same lady can be trained to beep or shout in the Nav settings:)
I'll have to check mine. not sure if I saw Beep or not.

throttlebc

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Sahara, 1966 Land Rover Series IIa
I'm getting it too... it sounds like a single seatbelt chime and I almost always have a passenger, so I've not been tracking it . I'll check the Sirius settings, but it sounds like a common vehicle chime and not a Uconnect sound if that makes sense.

jgreenfi

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Wrangler 2D Sport MT
Go ahead and add me to the group... 2019 Sport 2 Dr. One single chime usually when it's cold out within five minutes typically. I have a Stinger Heigh10 head unit so I know it isn't Sirius related. Almost always drive alone so not a seat belt chime. It's definitely a vehicle chime from what I can tell.

I had a Buick Encore that would do that to remind me that it's below freezing and watch for poor / icy roads.

Like everyone else, nothing is affected at all. Go figure?

Sponsored

Jeeperz Kreeperz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4xe
As for the single mystery chime. I get it too. Once per drive, usually within first minute. Never get it later in the drive - even in very long drives. And it happens at warmer temps as well, so not a “potential icy roads” warning.

I too have a lady yelling at me to slow down. If anyone can point me to the “settings menu” where I can turn that ”feature” off, I would be eternally grateful :LOL:

Patthe

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep wrangler unlimited JL
I know exactly what it is. It is the seat belt warning.
Basicly there is some kind of lag. To produce the issue simple.

I usuaky pickup my wife for lunch. Car run. When she sit down and put her seat belt. At the time, you shoudl see the seat belt light on and will be like a good 20-30 second before it disapear. This will come with a beep.

Industrialwrench

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 SRT Challenger. 18 4Runner off-road premium.
I’ve got a 6speed and I get the random chime too. Drives me nuts.
Sponsored