Rubidoc

Rubidoc

First Name
AA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
My initial knee jerk reaction was to tell you “ don’t let the door hit you in the ass” but I thought better of it. After all, one of the main reasons I joined this board was to learn and give others help with the little bit I know. So do as others have mentioned and get your longer lcas on, it will help a lot. You’ll likely not get rid of it 100 percent being a short wheelbase solid front axle vehicle, but it will help enough that you won’t be thinking crazy shit like getting a Jeep knock off.

One more thing , don’t bother with the dealer unless you’re in need of warranty work, they are a little less than useless with everything else, you come here, there’s a lot of knowledge on this board........enjoy your new addiction......✌
Is this what they call tough love?. From my experience this week, I will no longer do anything at the dealership except the free oil changes. I will take it to a local shop next week to swap the LCAs.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Rubidoc

Rubidoc

First Name
AA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
I wonder if one of your passenger side tires is defective? I’d be curious to see what would happen if you rotated your tires. Right front goes to left rear. Right rear goes to left front. Left rear goes to right front. And left front goes to right rear. (Sorry if you knew that ;) )
I like this idea!. I will do it this weekend and report back..

OP
OP
Rubidoc

Rubidoc

First Name
AA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Not sure I agree on this one. While it may not be as smooth as some cars (ok, most cars) the Jeeps have come a long way. The reality many of us can't afford to have our Jeeps not be our daily drivers.
Could not agree more with this statement.

JasonInDLH

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 15 Yukon Denali
Occupation
I’d Rather Talk Jeep’s!
OP
OP
Rubidoc

Rubidoc

First Name
AA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Did they balance the tires? What pressure are you running? Could you swap out tires to more street friendly ones? I had a two door JK. The thing was all over the road until I lifted it and put geometry correction brackets (which like everyone suggested, lowers your caster). But still was flighty on windy days. My current jku is very touchy with its duratracs. If its higher than 38 psi, the tires are bouncy and follows every groove. Ive found a sweet spot at 34/35 cold, 36/37 warmed up. Judging by the video id say that it was a crosswind on high psi. Id say try lowering by 3 to 5 psi and see what happens.
They said they did balance the tires but I doubt it. My tire pressure is 37 psi. I will lower it to 35 and rotate the tires and see what happens.

Sponsored

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
The YJ had front leaf springs. It was an adventure on the highway.
Until I put a disc brake front conversion my CJ had drums all around and leaf springs (and they were rather stiff Ranchos to boot!)

OP
OP
Rubidoc

Rubidoc

First Name
AA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
We replaced a VW Golf R (sports car in a box) with a 2 dr Rubicon. Yeah, it wanders all over compared to the Golf. My old F250 does it too, you just get used to it mostly. The advice to do control arms and increase the caster setting in the alignment will work to reduce this tendency for sure, that is good advice. Otherwise you live with it because it IS the nature of the vehicle and not really a problem once you get used to it. I am not sure going to a Bronco with big off road tires is much of a "solution" anyway, just a marginal improvement on road. You can get that for a whole lot less than a $6000 loss, as already mentioned. Or maybe you don't really need an off road vehicle and you should give up the idea of having "the look" because the compromise is just honestly more than you are willing to deal with daily?
I bought it because I wanted an off-road vehicle. I lived abroad for a while and had a 2-door land cruiser 70. Although it was the most uncomfortable car I drove, it did not pull to either side. My problem here is I genuinely believe that there is a problem that needs to be fixed.

Dakota Jeeper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
They said they did balance the tires but I doubt it. My tire pressure is 37 psi. I will lower it to 35 and rotate the tires and see what happens.
100% the LCA. I kept telling other Jeep owners (JK’s) that it constantly pulled to the right. They all said it’s a Jeep thing. It really shouldn’t be and it doesnt. It was exhausting. What you might not notice yet is that if you are on the interstate and go in the left lane, being on the other side of the crown will pull you left. Try making that switch at 80mph… dangerous.

I swapped the LCA and lowered my PSI to 30-32 and it drives soooo much better. It is so dumb that Jeep doesn’t ship the rubicon’s with the longer arms. They make both parts so all of the work is already done.

hope you find the joys of a well tracking Jeep soon!

OP
OP
Rubidoc

Rubidoc

First Name
AA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Don’t get rid of it.

I’m in the same boat with my 21 JLUR. My wife won’t even drive the Jeep. Tire pressure helped out a bit. 32-35psi….but is not the end all be all fix.

get the longer lower Mopar control arms. I will be getting them soon as well.
I will!

Sponsored

OP
OP
Rubidoc

Rubidoc

First Name
AA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
LCA's make a big difference but its annoying that this is something we have to take care of, and that it wasnt taken care of at the factory. Youre never going to get the same cushy ride that the bronco has - im assuming youve driven one and have been following the crazy ordering process on the bronco forum.

I have a bronco order with Tom on this forum, but i dont expect it to be here until late next year at the earliest. I fully expect the ride, NVH, and overall refinement to be a big step up in the bronco, but there are quite a few concerns going on with new customer deliveries that have me pretty content waiting for at least another year to receive my bronco so that ford can hopefully work through some issues. MIC top is an issue, but it sounds like they've held production of that and are working on quality improvements as we speak, and there are a few people with electrical and engine issues that are concerning. Someone had their engine completely seize, and ive seen a number of issues with the GOAT mode electronics not working correctly. Itll take sometime until we see an actual trend to tell if the bronco is truly problematic, and thats fully acknowledging that the JL had issues at launch and still has a few serious flaws that we have to deal with as well that im not happy about.

So, you trade in your jeep that has inherent design issues, for a vehicle that also might have some serious issues, if you're lucky to even find a bronco for sale on a lot without ADM.

If i was in your shoes (but by all means, do whatever makes your heart happy, im just some guy on the forum), id place an order for a bronco, wait out the year or so for it, try to "love the one youre with" right now, and form a solid opinion on which vehicle you think youd rather live with once the year goes by and you decide whether or not to accept delivery of that shiny new bronco.
Thanks, man, for taking the time to write this down. Truly appreciated.

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
OP
OP
Rubidoc

Rubidoc

First Name
AA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
IMHO it's hard to tell what will make the OP's Wrangler drive to his expectations. Maybe he just but the wrong class of boat in the water.
If looking for a solution for a jeep that heavily pulls to one side, makes me "the wrong class of boat in the water", then my answer is yes!

OP
OP
Rubidoc

Rubidoc

First Name
AA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
I dont care what others say. My 2 door DOES NOT drive like that. That is not normal. I've driven both 4 door and 2 door, and in normal conditions, they both track THE SAME on the highway. The 2 door feels more responsive to input, which can make it less stable depending on your driving style. Driving on a straight highway should be no different than a 2 door or 4 door,.

I have a rubicon suspension, rubicon wheels/tires and the longer LCAs. 2019 aluminum steering box. My jeep tracks straight as an arrow it does now and it did when it was stock too. Do not let them tell you "it is normal". Get the longer LCAs and see where that takes you.
Will do!. Thanks, bro for taking the time to reply.
Sponsored