Sponsored

Is this normal? Steering wandering all over the place. Brand new 2021 Rubicon 2 Door

richk225

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392Rubicon XR 2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Occupation
retired due to broken back
Here clip of my 2021 392 driving down the NJ Parkway to Wildwood NJ for the Jeep invasion this past July. 2 people and about 100 pounds of gear and a full gas tank and a calm sunny day
I have a 30 second clip but it is too large to load according to the site, any hints on how to shorten it up to play on here, I`m using a Windows based pc and I do not have a teenager in the house to show this computer illiterate guy how to do it
Sponsored

Attachments

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
Here clip of my 2021 392 driving down the NJ Parkway to Wildwood NJ for the Jeep invasion this past July. 2 people and about 100 pounds of gear and a full gas tank and a calm sunny day
I have a 30 second clip but it is too large to load according to the site, any hints on how to shorten it up to play on here, I`m using a Windows based pc and I do not have a teenager in the house to show this computer illiterate guy how to do it
Create a YouTube account and load it there and then link here.

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
So Rich. It’s not like this?

richk225

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Create a YouTube account and load it there and then link here.
Thank you, and I will do that. I believe I have some video of my 2018 Rubicon going down the road and you can see the constant steering correction

richk225

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation

MY GOD I wish it was

I wish my 392 drove like that!!
That is how my lifted JK Rubicon drove, stupid to do but I was able to drive it with my knee if I needed to "Kids don't try this at home or on the road"
I went from a perfectly good driving supercharged JK Rubicon to a 2018 JL Rubicon that was all over the road and got sick and tired of dealing with Jeep and jumped into a Ford Raptor. I was bit by the power bug and when I went to the Jeep dealer he told me about the new steering box that solved all of the past steering issues AND the fact that it was available with a 392 in it, I made the decision to get back into a Jeep again.
I am hoping and praying that the adjustable upper control arms will resolve the issue

Do you know how many people wish their Jep drove like that???

Sponsored

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!

dshark1

First Name
Sunny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon JLR

Mine is just like that and it's a 2 door!

I have a 2door. Although not terrible, but certainly does not cruise as smooth as the above video. Considering the lca”s. Did u do anything to yours to help the steering?

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL
I would say that you are lucky
I’ll take it where I can get it, I guess.

I have owned just about every Wrangler starting out with a 1975 CJ-5 up to my current 392 Rubicon, and I have had them lifted with 40" tires, small block chevy LS powered and a whole slew of pickups and a few sports cars too, and never had an issue like this
Wow, with that many Wranglers under your belt it’s clear that some of you really are unlucky. (I still contend that at least a portion of the complaints are from guys who just didn’t know what they were getting into with a solid axle vehicle.)

I expect extreme quality variances from Tesla, but not Jeep. ☹ Sorry to hear that you’re now twice bitten.

AlgUSF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUS, 2014 Tundra, 2013 Odyssey, 2002 Civic
I still contend that at least a portion of the complaints are from guys who just didn’t know what they were getting into with a solid axle vehicle.
Count me in on this club, even though I didn't complain here. I would take the Jeep down the causeway and up the island, go home and take my Tundra down the causeway and up the island. Repeat. Repeat. Repeat. Scratch my head. :headbang:

After 4 months, it is second nature no problem holding it straight. Jeeps don't drive like any other new vehicle out there.

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I have a 2door. Although not terrible, but certainly does not cruise as smooth as the above video. Considering the lca”s. Did u do anything to yours to help the steering?
Mine has Rubicon suspension, longer Mopar LCAs, and the new cast iron steering gear box.

Sponsored

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
Pretty sure @blnewt added the longer mopar lower control arms on his. :like: Big difference on non lifted Rubis

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase

dshark1

First Name
Sunny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon JLR
Mine has Rubicon suspension, longer Mopar LCAs, and the new cast iron steering gear box.
Thx for replying. I have a 21 Rubi, Got it a couple months ago. So I guess I really need those LCA”s huh…. How was your ride prior to adding them? Thx in advance.

dshark1

First Name
Sunny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon JLR
Pretty sure @blnewt added the longer mopar lower control arms on his. :like: Big difference on non lifted Rubis
Please pardon my ignorance. I am not very mechanically inclined. I would not be able to install the LCA”s myself. Would you guys recommend the dealer or a suspension shop? To do the install. Just want to make sure to have it done properly, and not open myself up to any new problems or make it worst. … also is there any downside with this mod? Thx in advance….

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Please pardon my ignorance. I am not very mechanically inclined. I would not be able to install the LCA”s myself. Would you guys recommend the dealer or a suspension shop? To do the install. Just want to make sure to have it done properly, and not open myself up to any new problems or make it worst. … also is there any downside with this mod? Thx in advance….
Sunny,
Here's my install post on the LCAs, it's not hard but you need decent leverage on those bolts, they seem to be even tighter than the 190 ft lbs that they're spec'd at. Maybe you can find a fellow member on the site nearby willing to help. It's about an hour job give or take.
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/rubicon-suspension-on-2-door-sport.40700/#post-919317
Sponsored