Jeep's response to Silver VS gold tailgate Plates

asuperheat

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKU, 21 JLUR 392
I have been trying to get the correct tail gate plate for my 392 since I realized Jeep slipped me the wrong one. They have apparently issued a response that 392's built before June 21st have the "Silver Plate" this comes form Jeep customer service after I had them open a case file. I told them fine send me a silver one with the correct data on it.

I think it has to be taken to them as the info is wrong, and it is clearly wrong on the silver plate. I think everyone with a silver plate should call customer service and open a case file specific to there vin#. This is apparently the only way they will make this right.
Sponsored

Billet Wilson

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 JKU RHR / 2021 Ruby 392
The manager of product planning at Jeep said this wasn't a mistake. The plate simply did not exist when the first units were being produced. He said there will always be changes/updates made throughout the year and if you'd like to purchase a 392 plate you're welcome to contact your dealer to order one.

OP
OP
asuperheat

asuperheat

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKU, 21 JLUR 392
The manager of product planning at Jeep said this wasn't a mistake. The plate simply did not exist when the first units were being produced. He said there will always be changes/updates made throughout the year and if you'd like to purchase a 392 plate you're welcome to contact your dealer to order one.
Problem with that us the information on the one they used is "WRONG". That is a crap way to launch a new model especially since there was so much hype in the marketing of the water fording depth of this exact model.

I would love to discuss this with him but I'm sure that wont happen. He don't want to talk to the actual owners of the product he is in charge of planning.

Again wrong information on the contact your dealer to order one, I have contacted my dealer, said no part number to order one. Drove to a different dealer, was told the same thing.

I would like the part number so I could order one since apparently Corporate Jeep from my experience up to this point is to cheap to do the right thing and send the correct plate to the owners who purchased the most expensive wrangler in history....

My dealer would do the right thing even if Jeep won't and buy me one but again they don't seem to be for sale....

Last edited:

Billet Wilson

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Actually, he's extremely active and speaks in owner groups and forums every day.

They just started installing them on 392's a few weeks ago which is why you're just now seeing them hitting dealer lots. It's called chill a little and give it time to become available. You can't expect spare parts to be available when its literally just beginning to get installed on the assembly line.

Sponsored

OP
OP
asuperheat

asuperheat

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKU, 21 JLUR 392
Actually, he's extremely active and speaks in owner groups and forums every day.

They just started installing them on 392's a few weeks ago which is why you're just now seeing them hitting dealer lots. It's called chill a little and give it time to become available. You can't expect spare parts to be available when its literally just beginning to get installed on the assembly line.
No what I expect is if Jeep is going to build a Jeep and put a information plate attached to a vehicle is to do it with the correct information. If they don't and someone request the corrected plate not give the dealer and owners the run around about sending the right one. Not, well if you want the correct plate buy it.

That is a crap answer. Not they are on back order and we will get you one when they become available. How about if your in charge of product planning, plan and if you put a vehicle on sale in November of 2020 but not have the correct plate with correct information until June 21st 2021 don't dump it on the owners like its their problem for buying a Jeep.

I know you may not understand this from your responses but I expect people to do their job so things like this don't happen. If your in charge of product planning the people under you are in charge of planning to have the correct plate at time of production. It should not be dumped on owners.

Last edited:

Billet Wilson

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No what I expect is if Jeep is going to build a Jeep and put a information plate attached to a vehicle is to do it with the correct information. If they don't and someone request the corrected plate not give the dealer and owners the run around about sending the right one. Not, well if you want the correct plate buy it.

That is a crap answer. Not they are on back order and we will get you one when they become available. How about if your in charge of product planning, plan and if you put a vehicle on sale in November of 2020 but not have the correct plate with correct information until June 21st 2021 don't dump it on the owners like its their problem for buying a Jeep.

I know you may not understand this from your responses but I expect people to do their job so things like this don't happen. If your in charge of product planning the people under you are in charge of planning to have the correct plate at time of production. It should not be dumped on owners.

We're talking about a very inexpensive plate yet you're sounding as if you were gypped out of a Hellcat engine. I don't disagree that Jeep should make it right, I just pick my battles on what to get worked up over and this isn't one of them.

Any dealer that prides themselves in customer service should gladly bring you one in. Your dealer should simply have stated they will contact you when yours finally arrives.

As I already stated, have some patience as you're only going to get frustrated since there not yet available.

OP
OP
asuperheat

asuperheat

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKU, 21 JLUR 392
We're talking about a very inexpensive plate yet you're sounding as if you were gypped out of a Hellcat engine. I don't disagree that Jeep should make it right, I just pick my battles on what to get worked up over and this isn't one of them.

Any dealer that prides themselves in customer service should gladly bring you one in. Your dealer should simply have stated they will contact you when yours finally arrives.

As I already stated, have some patience as you're only going to get frustrated since there not yet available.
It is not about patience, it is not about the money. Its about Jeeps response. It's a principal thing. Your OK with it and that's fine but don't defend it, as you said above they should make it right.

If that's the response to a inexpensive plate could you imagine trying to get a new Hellcat?

Billet Wilson

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It is not about patience, it is not about the money. Its about Jeeps response. It's a principal thing. Your OK with it and that's fine but don't defend it, as you said above they should make it right.

If that's the response to a inexpensive plate could you imagine trying to get a new Hellcat?
PM me your address. I'll order and send ya one:like:

Sponsored

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
If they had delayed the builds by 4 weeks so they could put the correct plates on them then people would be whining about having to wait.

el_guapo

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Dodge Viper, JLU 392

Meanwhile, future Bronco owners got a welcome package from Ford. This is the most expensive Wrangler ever sold, makes sense to expect some white glove treatment.

OP
OP
asuperheat

asuperheat

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKU, 21 JLUR 392
Meanwhile, future Bronco owners got a welcome package from Ford. This is the most expensive Wrangler ever sold, makes sense to expect some white glove treatment.
I just want all the correct parts lol!

Not to much to ask I don't think.
Sponsored