What did you do TO your Jeep JL today?

lowmpg

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon
First oil change. I do enjoy having a filter on top of the motor.

Jeepmarkjl

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Marketing
Ordered another Led Strip light from Diamondback covers. Super easy install. Bright and reliable. Had one in my truck bed. Adding it to rear cargo area just under the very back of the roof. I know I could have gone Brawlee but I had one of those on my JLUS and it failed, rattled over time and it’s not compatible with JLUR 21. The DB light is me proof. Yes it runs on batteries but they last forever and I have spares.

https://diamondbackcovers.com/collections/cover-accessories/products/diamondback-light#/

SoCal

First Name
MARK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR, 981 Porsche Cayman S, BMW F32, Lexus is250
To answer your question for @SoCal …yes that’s exactly what it’s for.
I have the LANGE power hoist …..and the device to pull up from the back (window as you mentioned) wasn’t the greatest IMO…so I purchased this from topsy products, which comes as a kit also to be used with your Lange set up if you have it.
These hooks are much better and work great đź‘Ť
Are these used for a ceiling harness so you don't have to keep the back window open when suspending? What are these called? And where did you find these?
What are they for?
brackets for the hard top hoist to make it easier to strap it up and you can leave back window down also... by topsy products

NewJLU2019

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited 2019 Sahara Unlimited
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Took Jeep in for second coat of my ZAKTEK Sealant application. It's not as good as ceramic coating but its always kept my Ram's very nice. I like the interior application too for it keeps fabric protected and very easy to clean. Since I am a loyalty customer I get my 5 year coverage plan free so its worth using it.

Zaktek.jpg

NewJLU2019

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Finally got my other pair of pillar lights and installed, they were back ordered, still need to wire them up.

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? Zaktek
Nice Jelly, :swear:been looking at those lights. Are they the 2" or 3" ones and how hard are they to run to battery? Newbie still here. :like::swear:

NewJLU2019

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Installed a Preece Precision 15lb CO2 tank. Not sure if I like where it's mounted, but it'll work for now.

Question, where would you get the tank filled up? Would it not take very high pressure to fill?
Have read about these over putting compressor in the Jeep. How many times will that air 35's up from 16 PSI?

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Nice Jelly, :swear:been looking at those lights. Are they the 2" or 3" ones and how hard are they to run to battery? Newbie still here. :like::swear:
They are the 3” cube spot lights. Super simple to wire up especially if you have auxiliary switches. If not , still real easy, I can walk you through it.

NewJLU2019

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Ordered another Led Strip light from Diamondback covers. Super easy install. Bright and reliable. Had one in my truck bed. Adding it to rear cargo area just under the very back of the roof. I know I could have gone Brawlee but I had one of those on my JLUS and it failed, rattled over time and it’s not compatible with JLUR 21. The DB light is me proof. Yes it runs on batteries but they last forever and I have spares.

https://diamondbackcovers.com/collections/cover-accessories/products/diamondback-light#/
I just looked at the Website, Be nice to use. How do you plan on mounting it?

Jeepmarkjl

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Marketing
I just looked at the Website, Be nice to use. How do you plan on mounting it?
On vertical edge at back of rear roof - behind rear glass hinges mounted horizontally.
I’ll take a pic once I get it - coming later today.

NewJLU2019

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
They are the 3” cube spot lights. Super simple to wire up especially if you have auxiliary switches. If not , still real easy, I can walk you through it.
No switches. I have looked at some simple mounting brackets online. These go right on Cowl. Hold one cube light. Not sure I need 2 cube lights.

Rugged Ridge Cowl Cube Light Mount; Outside Mount(18-21 Jeep Wrangler JL, Excluding 4xe Models)
Item J132840-JL
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 1627495008295

I have a Collins Brother by me who make Black Mountain Jeeps. Was looking at this Black Mountain stubby bumper. OE fog lights work with it. Only thing about it is a winch placed on it kind of covers grill a lot taking away what I would assume air flow. Any thoughts about it?

Black mountain .jpg

stage_1_example__81568__81785.1408980614.jpg

limeade

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Question, where would you get the tank filled up? Would it not take very high pressure to fill?
Have read about these over putting compressor in the Jeep. How many times will that air 35's up from 16 PSI?
I got mined filled at a welding/industrial gas place. Normal welding supply stores will only do tank exchanges, you have to find a place which has a CO2 plant if you want to keep your own tank. Some people piece together their own kits, to include a normal aluminum tank from a welding supply store, so they can just do tank exchanges without worrying about turning in their expensive powder coated tank. If you live in an area where there's no CO2 gas plant, this would be the best option.

The CO2 tanks do supply more cfm over a compressor, which makes them great for re-seating tire beads. Compressors are good for airing up tires, but don't have the cfm for other uses, unless you have a decent sized air tank installed somewhere on your jeep. The drawback to CO2 tanks are the limited amount of CO2 you have, properly securing/storing the tank in the jeep, and the possibility of the regulator freezing (this can be mitigated by getting a high quality regulator and using the tank correctly).

According to the chart I got from Preece, a 10lb tank can fill a 35x12.50R15 tire from 10 psi to 35 psi in 88 seconds and can do this 13 times. A 15lb tank could do this roughly 19-20 times as it has 50% more capacity.

I didn't get the tank for primarily airing up tires as I have a compressor for that, although I plan on using it this weekend to time how long it takes to air up my 37x12.50R17 tires from 15 to 37 psi.

NewJLU2019

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I got mined filled at a welding/industrial gas place. Normal welding supply stores will only do tank exchanges, you have to find a place which has a CO2 plant if you want to keep your own tank. Some people piece together their own kits, to include a normal aluminum tank from a welding supply store, so they can just do tank exchanges without worrying about turning in their expensive powder coated tank. If you live in an area where there's no CO2 gas plant, this would be the best option.

The CO2 tanks do supply more cfm over a compressor, which makes them great for re-seating tire beads. Compressors are good for airing up tires, but don't have the cfm for other uses, unless you have a decent sized air tank installed somewhere on your jeep. The drawback to CO2 tanks are the limited amount of CO2 you have, properly securing/storing the tank in the jeep, and the possibility of the regulator freezing (this can be mitigated by getting a high quality regulator and using the tank correctly).

According to the chart I got from Preece, a 10lb tank can fill a 35x12.50R15 tire from 10 psi to 35 psi in 88 seconds and can do this 13 times. A 15lb tank could do this roughly 19-20 times as it has 50% more capacity.

I didn't get the tank for primarily airing up tires as I have a compressor for that, although I plan on using it this weekend to time how long it takes to air up my 37x12.50R17 tires from 15 to 37 psi.
Thanks, just what size compressor does it take if carried in Jeep. I see small ones but not sure how they work.

limeade

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks, just what size compressor does it take if carried in Jeep. I see small ones but not sure how they work.
I have a Smittybilt portable compressor which works fine for airing up tires. Takes several minutes per tire, but I’m not in a hurry when I get off the trail.
One day when ARB’s are back in stock, I’ll get their double compressor.

CaJLMetalHead

First Name
CAJLMetalHead
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport Unlimited
No switches. I have looked at some simple mounting brackets online. These go right on Cowl. Hold one cube light. Not sure I need 2 cube lights.

Rugged Ridge Cowl Cube Light Mount; Outside Mount(18-21 Jeep Wrangler JL, Excluding 4xe Models)
Item J132840-JL
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? stage_1_example__81568__81785.1408980614

I have a Collins Brother by me who make Black Mountain Jeeps. Was looking at this Black Mountain stubby bumper. OE fog lights work with it. Only thing about it is a winch placed on it kind of covers grill a lot taking away what I would assume air flow. Any thoughts about it?

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? stage_1_example__81568__81785.1408980614

That is a nice-looking bumper... I have a similar setup... the winch does not seem to affect airflow even on slow-moving rock crawling during summer...

NewJLU2019

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I have a Smittybilt portable compressor which works fine for airing up tires. Takes several minutes per tire, but I’m not in a hurry when I get off the trail.
One day when ARB’s are back in stock, I’ll get their double compressor.
Like this one? 1/3 HP

Smittybilt Air Compressors

For the added convenience of being able to air-up or air-down your tires to accommodate various types of terrain, a Smittybilt Air Compressor is the most powerful compression unit in its class with a 1/3 horsepower oil-less direct drive motor and a 30 amp inline fuse.
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 1627498193560