JL Window Sticker and Build Sheet Order Tracking

nomographer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon ("Anaximander"), 94 YJ sold :(
Build Thread
Link
For some of the questions in the past five pages, remember that when a large manufacturing and assembly plant says "Ship date", it means the date they ship those parts that have been collected, sitting, and waiting, to the plant where they can actually be assembled. Build sheets aren't posted until after frame/paint/build/inspection, cryptostickers seems to take 3--36hr (I haven't really checked, it's usually within a day), and then it can go into more inspection. Almost all of them go into aftermarket installs, after which they'll post the sticker (which basically means "this VIN is complete and ready to sell").

And after all of that, 1--14dy after it was built (with some luck), it will actually be placed on the truck/train for shipping, but that can be delayed by destination.

:tumbleweed:

Advertisement

StormyMidwest

First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLUR bright white (ordered 7/19/2022)
For some of the questions in the past five pages, remember that when a large manufacturing and assembly plant says "Ship date", it means the date they ship those parts that have been collected, sitting, and waiting, to the plant where they can actually be assembled. Build sheets aren't posted until after frame/paint/build/inspection, cryptostickers seems to take 3--36hr (I haven't really checked, it's usually within a day), and then it can go into more inspection. Almost all of them go into aftermarket installs, after which they'll post the sticker (which basically means "this VIN is complete and ready to sell").

And after all of that, 1--14dy after it was built (with some luck), it will actually be placed on the truck/train for shipping, but that can be delayed by destination.

:tumbleweed:
Ok, so are you saying that after JB you may end up back in inspection? I ask because - I went into framing Friday (7/23), Saturday (7/24) I was in G. JC is closed on Sundays now so I checked this morning and I’m pending final inspection. I have been assuming that is the initial inspection prior to JB, but reading your post makes me wonder if I’m not through JB and waiting on my FINAL FINAL inspection because I indeed have a build sheet, and your post says build sheets aren’t posted until they’ve been inspected. Am I making sense?? LOL Also, I really appreciate your input on these forums. :)

nomographer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Ok, so are you saying that after JB you may end up back in inspection? I ask because - I went into framing Friday (7/23), Saturday (7/24) I was in G. JC is closed on Sundays now so I checked this morning and I’m pending final inspection. I have been assuming that is the initial inspection prior to JB, but reading your post makes me wonder if I’m not through JB and waiting on my FINAL FINAL inspection because I indeed have a build sheet, and your post says build sheets aren’t posted until they’ve been inspected. Am I making sense?? LOL Also, I really appreciate your input on these forums. :)
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...-build-sheet-order-tracking.12503/post-305306

JB – shipped to body vendor (typically for decals or stripes)
JS – shipped to storage (to await shipping; also for extended quality control, vehicle flash updates etc.)
KZ – released by plant and invoiced

All the manual transmission models they built in February/March probably were built, went to body vendor because why wait, then went right back to the lot to sit (JS) pending that firmware update. After all of that someone has to check a little box that says it's ready to be sold (KZ), so while it's not an end-of-production-line all-points inspection as such, there is doubtless something to be done to fulfill the federal stickering requirements.

I don't work for an automotive manufacturer so I'm just guessing. It might take three seconds or three hours to get that final :like:

ps And before someone says, "Well sheesh that's dumb they already inspected it so it's good", I mean yes it's kinda silly, but if it goes for installation of additional equipment anything can happen. Mopar might be installing your leather seats and clip the heat seater wiring. Now I don't know if they check that stuff after that step and before invoicing, or if it's just "Well, did they tear a hole in the paint?", but it's not worth their bottom line to send a damaged vehicle to the dealer.

I guess go work for Mopar and then one day repaint a Jeep purple and pink and see if they notice or just sticker it as "white" and move on. :giggle:

StormyMidwest

First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLUR bright white (ordered 7/19/2022)
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...-build-sheet-order-tracking.12503/post-305306

JB – shipped to body vendor (typically for decals or stripes)
JS – shipped to storage (to await shipping; also for extended quality control, vehicle flash updates etc.)
KZ – released by plant and invoiced

All the manual transmission models they built in February/March probably were built, went to body vendor because why wait, then went right back to the lot to sit (JS) pending that firmware update. After all of that someone has to check a little box that says it's ready to be sold (KZ), so while it's not an end-of-production-line all-points inspection as such, there is doubtless something to be done to fulfill the federal stickering requirements.

I don't work for an automotive manufacturer so I'm just guessing. It might take three seconds or three hours to get that final :like:
So would I have a build sheet if I still needed to go to JB? Or does one thing have anything to do with the other. Also, if they need someone to make the check in the box - I can be there in about 6 hours. 🤣

nomographer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
So would I have a build sheet if I still needed to go to JB? Or does one thing have anything to do with the other. Also, if they need someone to make the check in the box - I can be there in about 6 hours. 🤣
Correct. We see build sheets appear at the end of the assembly line. Presumably it's all put together, they drive it off the line like you see in the videos, then someone has to go down a checklist and say, "Yes, it looks like a red sahara with a soft top and aux1 switch wired to the 12in hydraulic lift kit". We've also seen build sheets update with additional info, suggesting that aftermarket installs get added into the system when they're performed.

As to me sharing, I'm just relaying stuff I read posted in this forum in the year leading up to my purchase (October 2020). :blush: I have no insider knowledge. Some of these things are legally required by sticker laws (you can't sticker an automatic as a manual, etc.). Others are common business sense (they'd lose money if someone crunched it on the way back from installing a sticker, so putting it on a train is a waste). Others are just process process process (visual inspections are relatively fast).

Anyway, Inspector 71 needs something to do.

Sponsored

RubiSlippers

First Name
Ashley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler …Maybe
According to the reviews I’ve seen, we’re basically getting the best backup camera ever to exist, so I think backing up will be fine. I opted not to get the safety package.
I’m used to the beeping to let me know I’m getting close to something. I’m sure I’ll get used to life without it!

JasonInDLH

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 15 Yukon Denali
Occupation
I’d Rather Talk Jeep’s!
What do you mean by here? Cryptostickers or Jeep Chat? There is a definite lag in information though.
My dealer told me it was in production now. I think he kind of jumped the gun as I just recently asked Jeep Chat about it and they said all materials have arrived and will be placed in production soon. Very excited!

mcjeff

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
I’ve gotten two updates from Jeep chat. Sounds slightly conflicting and idk how to take them lol. The first time I contacted them was Tuesday, (7/20) said “your vehicle is about to enter assembly, scheduling status currently”. Then on Thursday (7/22) they said “the parts required to build your vehicle are being scheduled, and will be scheduled for build when they are available. Reach out to your dealer as they may have more accurate information”. So I will reach out to them tomorrow and send an update. I haven’t had my patience tested like this in awhile 😂.
When I ordered my 2020, the final build sheet listed “D1 to D regression”, which made sense as I saw the same thing as you.

Waiting on second one now (replacement). Ordered 7/19! This time it’s a diesel.

Sponsored

SFWSCX3

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ram TRX, 05 Cayenne Turbo, 14 X5 D 21 JLURD
Hey all, had my last Jeep an 85 CJ7 25 years ago! Yep, dating myself. I’ve finally talked the Boss into a Jeep! NOOB on the Forum.

Wanted 2 doors, but she wanted 4. so…

ordered a Rubicon Diesel on 7/23 and have received the VON and Vin. That was fast compared to my Ram I ordered - that was a fiasco. Hoping this isn’t as bad. Picked up the Mopar 2” lift and will drive it off the lot on 35’s if the Dealer will install them on stock wheels. Looking forward to seeing other builds for ideas.

The wait will suck, but will be so worth it. Maybe not so bad, I can plan and pick up mods before it arrives!

Coltenk54

First Name
Colten
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC At4
When I ordered my 2020, the final build sheet listed “D1 to D regression”, which made sense as I saw the same thing as you.

ugh, I am just ready for it to be at the dealership! Haha

AUeng

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No biggy. Gupton is pumping out several Wranglers per week. I know there's a minimum payment and it's not really something to ask sitting at the finance guys desk. They know people refi after getting the discount. Was just curious. I wont see mine until September at the earliest. Enjoy......
They told me that loans must be maintained through 7 billing cycles.

RubiSlippers

First Name
Ashley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler …Maybe

Did you ever determine what happened there?

ecoastsrfr

First Name
Chally
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sport S
58 days is what my order took. Took delivery this afternoon!

Ordered on 5/29
D1 status on 6/28
Build status (frame, paint, trim) on 7/20
Shipping stage on 7/22
Picked up via truck from the rail station on 7/24
Delivered to the dealership & took home on 7/26

Jeep Wrangler JL JL Window Sticker and Build Sheet Order Tracking CleanShot 2021-07-26 at 22.15.18

Advertisement

Advertisement