First Name
Ronnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Rubicon Gecko
Occupation
Logistics Manager
Hey guys , my brother has Jeep fever bad. And wants one now! trying to explain to him that ordering is the best way to go, however he found a Rubicon at a local dealer. This is the paperwork that he has yet to sign. Just want to know how bad or good this looks? (MSRP $53,715) His goal was to stay in the $600 range of payments. He is doing $1200 out of pocket, Not $2289 like stated in contact. ( 48 month Lease) also includes tire/wheel insurance for $10 additional a month to the payment. I am not very familiar with the lease language. Any inputs highly appreciated. Thx in advance!

FB242976-6C4D-46BC-8095-D58FEE6977FD.jpeg
I recommend staying as far from leases as possible. I am in the process of my lease getting ready to end. The trade in value of my lease is 25800 (been offered that in cash from CarMax as well). My lease buyout is 22600. So I thought I would try to make a little off of it and just trade it in on a new Wrangler. Here is the catch. If I want to trade it in they will offer it to the dealer for 25400. To get the 22600 price I have to refinance it myself first. Other small print to watch for. There is a trade in fee if I don't purchase a Chrysler product when I turn in the lease. They nit pick your vehicle to death. I have 20k on the vehicle and they want me to buy new tires and replace brakes or pay the quoted deductions for those items. Tires are fine, vehicle was garage kept. Both dealers and CarMax said the tires were fine. Never will I lease again.
Sponsored

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe
Thx so much for all the great info. I guess at the end of the day, If he takes this deal. Buying off the lot he is losing the ability of getting % under invoice which probably means he’s paying $5k for impatience.
$5k off would be a very good deal from a volume dealer.

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe
I recommend staying as far from leases as possible. I am in the process of my lease getting ready to end. The trade in value of my lease is 25800 (been offered that in cash from CarMax as well). My lease buyout is 22600. So I thought I would try to make a little off of it and just trade it in on a new Wrangler. Here is the catch. If I want to trade it in they will offer it to the dealer for 25400. To get the 22600 price I have to refinance it myself first. Other small print to watch for. There is a trade in fee if I don't purchase a Chrysler product when I turn in the lease. They nit pick your vehicle to death. I have 20k on the vehicle and they want me to buy new tires and replace brakes or pay the quoted deductions for those items. Tires are fine, vehicle was garage kept. Both dealers and CarMax said the tires were fine. Never will I lease again.
Did you try vroom and carvana?

OP
OP
dshark1

dshark1

First Name
Sunny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon JLR
Who is your present lease thru? Just sold my Honda, which was a lease. Sold to Carmax, got payoff & some cash in pocket. Pretty smooth deal. I was with Honda Financial.

JSFoster75

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR (Mojito), 2022 JLR (Tuscadero)
Vehicle Showcase

AutoNation paid me $1,300 more than Carvana or Vroom for my '18 Sahara...

Sponsored

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe
Carvana seems to always wanna underpay! Not sure about vroom?
I think it depends on the vehicle. Vroom is within $5k of what I paid new for my 19 Ram after 60k miles.

JSFoster75

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR (Mojito), 2022 JLR (Tuscadero)
Vehicle Showcase
Carvana seems to always wanna underpay! Not sure about vroom?
Probably because they don't do an in person inspection prior to purchasing it, and they sell nationwide. They probably have to be more competitively priced than a local dealer might?

dgoodhue

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 80th JLU
$690 month seem like a lot for lease, I am guessing that is 15k miles/year lease. It probably isn't far off, because he isn't paying all the fees upfront and the fees are getting put into the lease. One thing about leasing is the amount you negotiate off the price comes directly off the lease portion. So every $480 off the price is basically $10/month off the lease.

I pay $350 month for my 80th lease, I did put down more money (I sold an existing car and applied that) My sticker price was 52k, paid about $48k. It would be been in the 400's without a down payment. If I did 15k mile lease maybe It would been at 500/month. The sport models variations lease better, they have much higher residuals than the Rubicon which has the worse residual or the Sahara which isn't much better. The 4Xe are good lease deals to because the $7500 being applied as cap reduction. (ie from your lease portion) If he found a Willy's, Sport Altitude, etc and got a better discount I bet he could that price closer to $500/month with 15k/miles year. (it also might be a cheaper vehicle if he get the same options) Should be similar story for the Rubicon 4Xe.

Personally, I am not always a big fan of leasing but I specifically wanted a lower payment some I could have more capital available for business I started up this summer. I could have gotten my lease price down further if I used Ally (higher residuals, but higher interest), but the lease payments + residual were more in the end and I plan on buying the lease out in the end. He probably could buy Rubicon with $800 monthly payment, I personally wouldn't lease a car if the payments were that close.

TheDirtyDangla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 3.6 E-Torque
RV is showing as 54%. MF should be .00128 (3.1% APR).

Selling price of $52,832.57 (882.43 discount off MSRP). Then add back on the $10/mo for the wheel tire insurance.

I'd have to calc it out, but the Rent Charge looks higher than the real MF to me.
Money factor's are very high right now everywhere. Not that a dealer has control over it I think even on my leased 18 Sport it worked out to be in the 4% range

Sponsored

omega145

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Recon
Occupation
Engineer
You aren't buying a brand new Rubicon through financing for $600 a month with 2K down especially in todays mark. You've got to put down a lot hence why he's going the leasing route. I don't like leases as well and that's a lot of money to be paying for what will most likely never be yours to own. If he can't afford it then look for a lower trim, something like a Jeep Willys more in his price range. Not everyone needs or can afford a Rubicon and that's ok.

OP
OP
dshark1

dshark1

First Name
Sunny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon JLR
You aren't buying a brand new Rubicon through financing for $600 a month with 2K down especially in todays mark. You've got to put down a lot hence why he's going the leasing route. I don't like leases as well and that's a lot of money to be paying for what will most likely never be yours to own. If he can't afford it then look for a lower trim, something like a Jeep Willys more in his price range. Not everyone needs or can afford a Rubicon and that's ok.
I agree totally. His outlook is, he does not want to buy. Basically use it for a while & move on to something else. With as little out of pocket hence a bit more payment? Who knows , Maybe he will luv it, then seek alternate sources to refinance… Thx for your reply

omega145

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Recon
Occupation
Engineer
I agree totally. His outlook is, he does not want to buy. Basically use it for a while & move on to something else. With as little out of pocket hence a bit more payment? Who knows , Maybe he will luv it, then seek alternate sources to refinance… Thx for your reply
I don't quite understand that logic applied to a Rubicon though. You could do the same thing with a lower trim and most likely get 95% out of it.

OP
OP
dshark1

dshark1

First Name
Sunny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon JLR
I don't quite understand that logic applied to a Rubicon though. You could do the same thing with a lower trim and most likely get 95% out of it.
He just loves the look of the Rubi ready 2 go….

OP
OP
dshark1

dshark1

First Name
Sunny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon JLR
He just loves the look of the Rubi ready 2 go….
Also to add ,,, he went to a few different dealers & they actually wanted pretty close numbers for a sport! One dealer wanted more for a Willy”s. Some dealers are really trying to take advantage of the market. It’s a jungle out there! Lol
Sponsored