What did you do TO your Jeep JL today?

tools44

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rubicon
these came in while we were on a little island get away.... slapped them on as soon as I got home
tempImagevZo03r.jpg
Are these used for a ceiling harness so you don't have to keep the back window open when suspending? What are these called? And where did you find these?

CaJLMetalHead

First Name
CAJLMetalHead
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport Unlimited

Jay 13

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Are these used for a ceiling harness so you don't have to keep the back window open when suspending? What are these called? And where did you find these?
To answer your question for @SoCal …yes that’s exactly what it’s for.
I have the LANGE power hoist …..and the device to pull up from the back (window as you mentioned) wasn’t the greatest IMO…so I purchased this from topsy products, which comes as a kit also to be used with your Lange set up if you have it.
These hooks are much better and work great 👍

Jeepmarkjl

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Marketing
A much needed bath.

20210725_194052.jpg
Nice. Like ur set up with the LOD rack and iKamper. How much height off the factory top did they add at highest point? did you also change suspension to handle the extra weight?

mbaglole

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLRU
Nice. Like ur set up with the LOD rack and iKamper. How much height off the factory top did they add at highest point? did you also change suspension to handle the extra weight?
Let me measure that for you, I'm pretty sure it added ~30 inches at the highest point - the Jeep is *really* tall now.

I just ordered the 'Air Lift 1000' as it has been bottoming out/sags when we fully load it up and get off pavement - will be posting a follow-up with how that performs, hoping to install it in August.

Plan is to throw on a 3.5" lift in the fall, and hopefully drop the tent for the winter before picking up again next spring.

beast40

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Tightened my lower ball joints....they were clicking like crazy. They were extremely loose from the factory, just beyond hand tight. I still have some minor clicking so I plan on doing the uppers next. My torque wrench wouldn't fit so I just tightened them until the clicking went away.

Jeepmarkjl

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Marketing
Let me measure that for you, I'm pretty sure it added ~30 inches at the highest point - the Jeep is *really* tall now.

I just ordered the 'Air Lift 1000' as it has been bottoming out/sags when we fully load it up and get off pavement - will be posting a follow-up with how that performs, hoping to install it in August.

Plan is to throw on a 3.5" lift in the fall, and hopefully drop the tent for the winter before picking up again next spring.
+30 inches? I was guessing 10-12 inches rack plus tent that added height above the top?
makes sense to add the air lift - looking forward to that install update