Recommended Dealers List

JEEPT

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL 80TH ANNIVERSARY EDITION
I ordered from Daniel Gupton yesterday. Very responsive, exchanged a few emails to confirm what i wanted, put a deposit down and received a VON right away. That part couldn’t possibly have been any easier!!

Since I’m out of state and not knowing how long these builds will take (i added a bunch of things) i am selling my current truck to Vroom online while the values for used are so high. But, I’m pretty darned nervous that my build will be the one that takes three months and have created a 1 car household, but YOLO i guess ha!
You can also try webuyanycarusa.com. They might give you a higher bid than Vroom and
they will give you an on line quote.
Sponsored

JEEPT

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL 80TH ANNIVERSARY EDITION
I agree that the Vroom used car values are the be around, but when I looked into the details of selling a car to them it looked pretty scary…they want you to sign off on your Title, mail it to them and they will arrange pickup…you don’t get your money until days after the car arrives to them and they inspect it.
They also make a very clear point to tell you , they are not responsible for damage during shipment , that would be between you and the carrier. Really leaves you hanging out there😳
Try webuyanycarusa.com. On line quote and they might be a better value than Vroom.

JimmyB

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon
Just bought another Jeep from @Koons_of_Tysons_Corner with Craig Benner - this is my second Jeep with him in the last 6 months and this one is for my wife who got Jeep Fever once I had my Jeep. Her friend bought one yesterday from Craig as well. Awesome buying experience as always and can't wait to pick these up!

Sponsored

maxmxa

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Has anyone recently ordered a 4Xe in Washington state? Any good dealers with good % discount off invoice you would recommend?

I've reached out to Dewayne Lane (Paul) couple days ago, but haven't heard anything back.

Thanks

Ryparks

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Did anyone have a Nevada or Arizona deal they got with a contact they’d be willing to share? Idaho is just far enough to be extra days off work.

Mjmi69

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Moab, 2019 BMW 335, 2018 Jeep Rubicon Recon, 2018 BMW 435i
Occupation
Broker/Owner
RE: selling your old one. It's free to get a quote from Carvana/Vroom, so what I did was just re-check ~weekly (each quote is good for 1 week) leading up to when my Jeep arrived. This way, you can have your old vehicle while you wait for your Jeep (in case of delays) but still keep an eye on values if you need to pull the trigger quickly.

It's unlikely that used values are going to drop significantly in ~a week, so this offers you some buffer. I wound up just waiting until we got home with the Jeep, personally.
In our area Car Max is offering far more than the others right now

BigLew

First Name
Lew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Chevrolet Bolt Premier, 2021 JLU Sahara
Occupation
Retired-Banking-Insurance-Coal Miner-Maintenance...a bit of everything! :)
In our area Car Max is offering far more than the others right now
Interesting.....my brother sold his vehicle to Carvana...about a $1000 higher than Carmax......his dealer's offer (crooks), where purchased was $4400 less than Carvana. I also used Carvana twice now and they had a better offer than Carmax or Vroom. Seems it's just how desperate they are. I also had a dealer purchase our van for $2400 more than the Carmax quote. Crazy times.

TMD78

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Back again with JL#3, 2 door Willys
I ran through 5 options mentioned through this thread. Vroom was the best offer by a good bit. I also noticed Vroom had specific options to choose from. For example, most sites say do you have navigation or premium audio where Vroom asked if my Ram Rebel had the 12” screen 12A package. Those are things I knew would increase value standing at the dealer negotiating and was glad to see the specifics called out. Just mailed out the POA this weekend waiting for next steps and to become a one car household. As mentioned earlier, the motorcycle is going to get some long overdue attention.

Sponsored

galleywinter

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Hard Rock JKU, 2018 JL Rubi, 2020 Mercedes GLC 300(Wife) :-)
Occupation
Environmental Manager, VA Hospital
I ran through 5 options mentioned through this thread. Vroom was the best offer by a good bit. I also noticed Vroom had specific options to choose from. For example, most sites say do you have navigation or premium audio where Vroom asked if my Ram Rebel had the 12” screen 12A package. Those are things I knew would increase value standing at the dealer negotiating and was glad to see the specifics called out. Just mailed out the POA this weekend waiting for next steps and to become a one car household. As mentioned earlier, the motorcycle is going to get some long overdue attention.
Yep, Vroom was my best offer and went smooth. I've seen some bad reviews but no doubt they didn't follow the instructions. Got a quote, accepted, did online signature, received a wet sign document via overnight delivery, signed it and sent it right back. Bill of sale was included in the delivery. This was on a Wednesday, trucking company pick up on a Friday. He had a 75 foot trailer so I met him at a big big parking lot. Driver emailed my bill of lading while standing there, I forwarded it to Vroom for proof of pickup. I received a check on Wednesday the next week. It can be direct deposited but mine was over $10k, had to be a check. It was actually 2 business days as advertised. Picked up on a Friday and the Monday was July 4th. Got it on Wednesday. Full amount offered. So easy. I guess some of the others might be easier dropping off and getting a check. I would of had to drive to Little Rock from Fayetteville to drop off plus Vroom was $2k higher.

TMD78

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Back again with JL#3, 2 door Willys
Yep, Vroom was my best offer and went smooth. I've seen some bad reviews but no doubt they didn't follow the instructions. Got a quote, accepted, did online signature, received a wet sign document via overnight delivery, signed it and sent it right back. Bill of sale was included in the delivery. This was on a Wednesday, trucking company pick up on a Friday. He had a 75 foot trailer so I met him at a big big parking lot. Driver emailed my bill of lading while standing there, I forwarded it to Vroom for proof of pickup. I received a check on Wednesday the next week. It can be direct deposited but mine was over $10k, had to be a check. It was actually 2 business days as advertised. Picked up on a Friday and the Monday was July 4th. Got it on Wednesday. Full amount offered. So easy. I guess some of the others might be easier dropping off and getting a check. I would of had to drive to Little Rock from Fayetteville to drop off plus Vroom was $2k higher.
I’m hoping they call to schedule pickup as i would be in the same situation, a large carrier truck will not get down my street so I’d have to meet them. Glad to hear the whole process went smoothly, so crazy that i ordered a jeep and sold a truck within minutes sitting on my patio with a cell phone. My father is rolling in his grave.

galleywinter

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Hard Rock JKU, 2018 JL Rubi, 2020 Mercedes GLC 300(Wife) :-)
Occupation
Environmental Manager, VA Hospital
I’m hoping they call to schedule pickup as i would be in the same situation, a large carrier truck will not get down my street so I’d have to meet them. Glad to hear the whole process went smoothly, so crazy that i ordered a jeep and sold a truck within minutes sitting on my patio with a cell phone. My father is rolling in his grave.
No doubt, lol. I know used prices won't stay this high forever but it was nice to come out ahead for change vs. trading at the dealer. Several thousand $$ is worth a little effort.

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
RE: selling your old one. It's free to get a quote from Carvana/Vroom, so what I did was just re-check ~weekly (each quote is good for 1 week) leading up to when my Jeep arrived. This way, you can have your old vehicle while you wait for your Jeep (in case of delays) but still keep an eye on values if you need to pull the trigger quickly.

It's unlikely that used values are going to drop significantly in ~a week, so this offers you some buffer. I wound up just waiting until we got home with the Jeep, personally.
It's a gamble now. Used car values are definitely dropping for some cars. It might not be a gradual drop for some cars. A friend has a 2019 Subaru Crosstrek and was on the fence about selling it. He got values 6 weeks ago and 2 weeks ago. Vroom and Carvan have offered less recently, much less. His Crosstrek has dropped $2100 sinece he checked 2 weeks ago. Carmax was originally the lowest and their offer dropped $900 in the last 2 weeks. Vroom and Carvana prices are more in line with Carmax now for his car. Not sure how common that is and if it's across the board for values but he's kicking himself now.

rcadden

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Hydro Blue Sahara Altitude
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Marketing
Clubs

@viper88 to be fair, I stopped checking ~a week ago when I sold mine. :)

We're definitely getting into the phase of when used vehicle prices are going to have to start equalizing, and that equalization process is likely to be a bit messy, since they're so inflated now.
Sponsored