Sponsored

Jeep humor waiting room ( ** NO POLITICS ** )

Laststand

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Sport S 3.6/auto, 2014 Acura RDX
Occupation
Retired USMC
I haven't had any issues with them yet. What have y'all been experiencing?
Well, a little bit in their defense we're renting in a older neighborhood (still copper wiring no fiber). Download and upload speeds are pitiful (maybe 18 Mps at best - can actually watch pictures being built when using the internet). TV side is streaming for lack of a better description so buffering is not uncommon and or loss of signal (which requires a box reset/reboot).

They should never have offered the service in this area without the proper infrastructure or at least be upfront with the degradation of service.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Sponsored

OilBurnerHoldOut

First Name
Richard (Rich)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Ford Edge, 76 Yamaha xs 500, and 89 Honda PC800
Occupation
UPS Worldport 1DA
Well, a little bit in their defense were renting in a older neighborhood (still copper wiring no fiber). Download and upload speeds are pitiful (maybe 18 Mps at best - can actually watch pictures being built when using the internet). TV side is streaming for lack of a better description so buffering is not uncommon and or loss of signal (which requires a box reset/reboot).

They should never have offered the service in this area without the proper infrastructure or at least be upfront with the degradation of service.
We lucked out with getting fiber a year or so ago. I use their cell and TV service, but we use the local internet provider.
We also don't use their streaming box. Just the app on our Roku devises. We still get buffering occasionally, but not enough to really pay attention to.

Krondor

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL - Punk'n Edition
Build Thread
Link
We lucked out with getting fiber a year or so ago. I use their cell and TV service, but we use the local internet provider.
We also don't use their streaming box. Just the app on our Roku devises. We still get buffering occasionally, but not enough to really pay attention to.
Our neighborhood was built out with fiber, but no cable. There wasn't an option to continue our cable services. I do like the speed though.

Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep humor waiting room ( ** NO POLITICS ** ) 1627125241548

CenturyLink has been worlds better than Xfinity on billing. The bill is the same every month.

Sponsored

obwahn

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR (Wrikki), 2018 Grand Sport (V)
Occupation
Retired puter dork
Vehicle Showcase
Mornin Jeep Peeps!
This house came with fiber too and I signed up for the 500/500 plan. They do offer Gig but I felt I didn't need that much. Looks like I'm getting exactly what I'm paying for.
Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep humor waiting room ( ** NO POLITICS ** ) Screen Shot 2021-07-24 at 5.19.53 AM

Time to finish up the weed barrier and drip lines. Later

Krondor

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL - Punk'n Edition
Build Thread
Link
Mornin Jeep Peeps!
This house came with fiber too and I signed up for the 500/500 plan. They do offer Gig but I felt I didn't need that much. Looks like I'm getting exactly what I'm paying for.
Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep humor waiting room ( ** NO POLITICS ** ) Screen Shot 2021-07-24 at 5.19.53 AM

Time to finish up the weed barrier and drip lines. Later
I had 100/100 before finding $5 more a month got me to what we have now. Honestly, movies stream fine on either. :tumbleweed:

Guess I best get to the garden shade. Still have to figure out how I'm tying it down. :idea: