Sponsored

MonLee

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Sport S
I guess fast is relative. Civic type r is the best bet, but it's quick and not fast by any means. The only fall back would be an NSX, and only the 2nd gen because the 1st gen is pretty abysmal how slow it is.
And literally anything can be fast when you mod it, so modified Hondas 100% do not count.
As a current civic type r owner, soon to be jeep wrangler 2 door owner, and not a civic type r owner anymore. I must interject sir, "fast" is a subjective term, never forget that. No matter how many times Doug Demuro calls things fast or not fast in a totally fatalistic tone. "fast" is not an objective reality, it only exists for comparisons sake. My civic type r is fast, its quick, and its slow all at the same time depending on what other words fill the rest of the sentences in witch your mentioning its name. Guess what? You can literally insert anything in the blank of "civic type r" because jeep wranglers are also fast, quick, and slow, LaFerrari's are fast quick and slow, F15 Eagles are fast quick and slow. See how talking like that makes no sense yet? Let the record show, im only being partially serious.

Dale's Jeep

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL 4door Rubicon
Occupation
Retired U.S. Army 23 years
Once again they treat FCA/Steliooooo like its the bastard child of the big 3. And FCA has whooped everyone's ass since the beginning to me anyways. The writers did the same thing with mustangs, crapos and the Challenger. 2 big v8 then Challenger with the 5.7 and lost well no shit. Rant over.

Outrun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392XR
Keep in mind that the vast majority of charging is done overnight when the grid is least taxed.
True except for maybe summer time but the shear amount of cars in this country is massive.
It will improve over time along with battery tech. I love electric things even though I have a 392 inbound.

Notorious

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 TJ Sahara
Their article is a good example of a toxic comparison: a more constructive comparison (and more useful) would’ve been a comparison of like vs like.

As much as nobody wants to admit, the only competitor to a Bronco is a different Bronco trim. And the only competitor to a Wrangler is a different Wrangler trim.

Sponsored

FiveBoro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLR
This test is pretty irrelevant. I would however be amused to see a proper track test between the JL and the Bronco. Just for kicks. Or how about comparing times on the Nordschleife?

Echo4papa

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sahara 4xe
Occupation
Success Engineer
Well there it is. Are you getting 50mpg~?
No, because I drive a Jeep, not a Prius. Though it you want to take artificial MPG on the readout... the more I drive in electric around town daily without taking any longer drives forcing use of the ICE, my MPG will climb higher and higher. Kind of killed that though with a drive to Baltimore and back (from Central FL) and about to drive 6 hours round trip tomorrow down to Miami(ish) and back so...

AnnDee4444

Threads
Reaction score
'18 JLR 2.0
This test is pretty irrelevant. I would however be amused to see a proper track test between the JL and the Bronco. Just for kicks. Or how about comparing times on the Nordschleife?

Baconator

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Wrangler
Ford should use this in it's marketing: If you wait 24 months, we can deliver you a jeep with a body kit that's .1 second fast 0-60.

It's a cool little truck, but the delays are going to be it's story in 5 years. I wish it well; the concept was the first inkling of what eventually became my owning my Wrangler. It might be part of the reason many of us can sell for more than we paid at the moment.

Even if you love the Bronco, a lot of people are going to go with a Wrangler because they can get them now. I'm just not that patient - who wants to suffer 2 more summers with a roof and doors?...

Sponsored

Nickp01

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Local Bronco shill
Here is a Bronco 2.3 vs Wrangler V6 drag race, both 4-door:
Same thing as the C&D comparing unlike tire sizes. And that Bronco has aftermarket 35’s so it has either 3.73 or 4.27 gears not the 4.7’s that come with Sasquatch Broncos.
I don't think we have the electrical grids to support this.
Keep in mind that the vast majority of charging is done overnight when the grid is least taxed.
Anyone who uses “The grid can’t handle it” as for why electric cars aren’t feasible hasn’t done any research. Engineering explained has a fantastic video, it is long so the gist of it is this: When air conditioning started becoming affordable in the 40’s and 50’s, did we just say “the grid can’t handle it?” and abandon the technology? Nope, we figured it out. Same thing will happen with electric cars.

MonLee

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Sport S
Same thing as the C&D comparing unlike tire sizes. And that Bronco has aftermarket 35’s so it has either 3.73 or 4.27 gears not the 4.7’s that come with Sasquatch Broncos.

Anyone who uses “The grid can’t handle it” as for why electric cars aren’t feasible hasn’t done any research. Engineering explained has a fantastic video, it is long so the gist of it is this: When air conditioning started becoming affordable in the 40’s and 50’s, did we just say “the grid can’t handle it?” and abandon the technology? Nope, we figured it out. Same thing will happen with electric cars.
Its gonna require the biggest changes to the grid since the grid was built in the first place, but ofc we can do it, And it would help if we had more nuclear power as well, because solar and wind cannot do it alone, not without quantum leaps in energy storage technology.

Deleted member 59098

Kia vs Hyundai 0-60 times are more entertaining reading.

Nickp01

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Local Bronco shill
Its gonna require the biggest changes to the grid since the grid was built in the first place, but ofc we can do it, And it would help if we had more nuclear power as well, because solar and wind cannot do it alone, not without quantum leaps in energy storage technology.
You’re not wrong but spreading the load out is way more important than increasing peak capacity.
Sponsored