Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR in Punk'n Orange
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Turn Wrenches/ Write code
'19JLUR, 15k mi. 3rd Wrangler, 2nd Rubicon, 0 regrets. I have a short commute but take it everywhere, regularly take trips of 20-30 miles each month, and at least 2-3 trips of 500mi round trip on a regular year, including day and weekend off roading trips. it's getting 37's soon and it is by far the best/favorite Wrangler I've had thus far, based on it's on/off road capability, practicality, and overall fun/ usefulness with a family.
Sponsored

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 2dr Bronco Badlands, 2.3t Manual
Trying to talk my sister into one as for the price of other vehicles, she can get a nice one with the right amount of options and also carry her kayak's and stuff, go offroading.

ONLY way it wouldn't works is you have to deal with smul parking garages on a daily basis (Sucks with my Ram, can't park it in most places in NYC)

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
the JL is a great daily driver. Best vehicle I have ever owned (not for daily driving but overall). It has all the creature comforts a human might need. I love driving my Jeep anywhere, anytime. I have a 2 door sport on rubi suspension and 33s M/Ts.

The only issue with wranglers is MPG. It is hard for me to justify commuting with my Jeep when I have a 2020 Camry that gets like 50mpg freeway.... and being frugal as I am, I drive my Jeep less than I would like to.

A 392 as a daily driver will be fun as hell, and comfortable enough. Issue is the MPG. It'll cost you big, but if that makes you happy. Some people buy an overly-sweet starbucks drink every morning and that makes them happy. You do you. Enjoy gas while you can. The sound of a V8 every morning, the smell of fresh gasoline at the pump.

Last edited:

danzy55

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2003 Wranger TJ Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Every one I have owned 11 now, latest 2021 JLU 3.6L w/6spd average 23,000 miles/yr
working on a new project now, I sold the yellow JLU ordered a new JLU with 1/2 doors in Hydro blue.
Was thinking about a Patriotic theme maybe some custom red/white strips, red seats, etc.

Sponsored

Jhawth

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
I have a 2021 JLUR that I DD about 54 miles round trip. It's a great vehicle, very stable at highway speeds. I am still taking corners at 80 no problem that most people slow down to 60 for. Handles very well, absolutely can be a DD!!

pnut

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler 392 XR
How many of you utilize your wrangler as a daily driver? I travel to several plants monthly throughout the northeast and put roughly 20-25k miles a year on my daily driver. Wondering if my ordered 392 can fit the bill as a daily?
My 392 with 35s is my daily, and my wife's 2015 JK with 35s is her daily.

It is not a Camry no, but that is kind of the point isn't it?

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
I have daily driven my TJ, JK, and JLR. About 15K miles a year on average.

A large crowded inner City can be a tough environment for a car. In the City a Wrangler makes for a much better daily driver than my other cars which are low sports cars. No anxiety about where to park it. More parking options for the shorter 2-door. No concerns about curbing a wheel with low profile tires, no worries about potholes and speed bump scrapes, no worries about door dings, bumper scratches, etc. The added height is great for seeing ahead in traffic. The JL is the best Wrangler yet. It has all the creature comforts I want. Comfortable seats and great viewing angle. The heated seats and steering wheel rocks. The A/C is ice cold even on the hottest humid days. Decent stereo. On weekends I can escape and get to my favorite remote fishing destination. The only negative for me is the smaller gas tank the 2-door has. I need to gas up more often.

Steve JLUR

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2021 GC Summit
The only issue with wranglers is MPG. It has hard for me to justify commuting on my Jeep when I have a 2020 Camry that gets like 50mpg freeway sitting on the driveway....
That is amazing, I get 0 mpg sitting in the driveway. Can you tell me your secret?

Sponsored

IdahoJOAT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURe Tuscadero, Black '05 Silverado
Vehicle Showcase
Bought May 9, 2020. Just ticked over 30K last night.

Our JLUR is STILL amazing.

Outrun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392XR
I have a 2021 JLUR that I DD about 54 miles round trip. It's a great vehicle, very stable at highway speeds. I am still taking corners at 80 no problem that most people slow down to 60 for. Handles very well, absolutely can be a DD!!
Mine is very stable too. I don't understand all those saying you can't take turns or handle. It's fine.

IdahoJOAT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURe Tuscadero, Black '05 Silverado
Vehicle Showcase
Mine is very stable too. I don't understand all those saying you can't take turns or handle. It's fine.
What lift do you have?

I see people all the time in JK and JL land complain about their mileage or ride quality, but 2 days after owning it asked on the forum: "Just got my first Jeep! What size lift and tires should I get?"

HellaRubi

First Name
Sher or Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Hellayella; F87 M2C; E90 M3
My JLUR has been my daily for the last 2.5 years and 50k miles. The last 30k of those miles has been on over 4" of lift and 38's.
Jeep Wrangler JL Wrangler as a daily driver? 20210607_102230
That is a sweet looking Car man.

**looks at avatar**

Oh god, what have I done....

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Beatle 2022 Red Jeep 392
This is the exact question I have been pondering for months.
I drive a Honda Civic stick shift hooptie. I long ago paid it off and just kept making those $395 payments into a “new car” savings account since then. Honestly my car could go for another 10 years but I’m bored with it but I need a reliable automobile. I test drove some of the “dream cars” I had on my Trapper keeper as a kid like a 911 Turbo and a Land Rover Defender 90 and they are not as fun as you would think. (Don’t meet your hero’s) so then I thought about my first car a 1977 Toyota FJ40 with more rust than car. And I remember just how fun it was. Top down ambulance doors off. It’s not pretentious like the 911 felt, it is just Jimmy Buffett stuck in the tape deck, flip flop, country roads fun. But an old FJ 40 won’t work at a normal daily driver so I am looking at either the 3.6 Pentastar or 392 JLUR. As another post mentioned gas is not a major issue as I drive about 35 miles round trip 3-4 times a week. The 3.6 Pentastar in a 4-door rubicon fit the bill but then Jeep released that darn 392 Hemi monster that feels like the ultimate Jeep, the kinda thing I would have had on my trapper keeper. I am fortunate to have saved up the cash to go with either. And gas money is not a concern. So which one would be a better daily driver I’ll keep reading and learning from others.
Sponsored

Last edited: