What did you do TO your Jeep JL today?

JimmyB

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon
Added a few more things today (things I already had and finally got around to installing):
Mopar Tailgate - initially I was going to return it because I thought it was the source of my rattle towards the rear only to realize it was the lock release cable for the soft top making all the racket. Happy I was able to get it back on and I wrapped the support cables in black cloth tape to avoid any potential for rattling with the hard plastic wrap on the metal...
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? IMG_2119

Next up is the 5" Mopar pillar lights with the Mopar mounts - stupid easy install with the factory default Aux setup. Added a little loom to the outside of the cable just to protect it a bit and just to do something with the loom I had from another project. A little showing off @pixeldecals awesome work he has been doing for me too here =)
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? IMG_2121
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? IMG_2122
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? IMG_2123

Last is probably the most simple but yet the most awesome idea that I got from someone else here like just about everything I do to my Jeep - Wixgear flat mount magnets for a phone mount on the vents (one for my side and one for my wife's side). I tossed that tray that goes into the grab bar in the process...was never super comfy with her sitting her phone in there anyway.
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? IMG_2125

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? IMG_2125

I couldn't install a key-matched hood lock because it's not compatible with the front camera, so I had to get hood latches, which have a separate key.
I debated just sending a PM here, but this information is pretty important for the general Jeep owner population, so...

Tubular key locks are easily defeated with a pen barrel.

Some years ago, Kryptonite was forced to recall many of their bicycle and motorcycle disk brake rotor locks that used a tubular lock design. They were replaced with locks that used a more secure flat key design. I received a new disk lock as part of that recall, and I use it to this day.

Riperoo

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep JLU Sahara Altitude Diesel
This is on my list.

Did you have to lift the hardtop to install the Sunrider?
Hey Aldo, no, super easy, remove the freedom tops and the frame of the Sunrider basically replaces the freedom panels in one piece, pop it in and like 8 bolts altogether, took me an hour and half of that was reading the instructions 5 times and watching an install video. They suggest a helper, which would be very nice, but even solo a piece of cake. Drove it around today and it is really nice, so much better than humping those freedom panels around!!!

Olga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2010 Ford Fusion
Build Thread
Link
I debated just sending a PM here, but this information is pretty important for the general Jeep owner population, so...

Tubular key locks are easily defeated with a pen barrel.

Some years ago, Kryptonite was forced to recall many of their bicycle and motorcycle disk brake rotor locks that used a tubular lock design. They were replaced with locks that used a more secure flat key design. I received a new disk lock as part of that recall, and I use it to this day.
They are also easily defeated with a crowbar :)

It's better than no lock at all. And also I have insurance.

davewald

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.davewaldrop.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Sort of, kinda retired....mostly
American Outlaw 17x8.5 0 offset wheels and BFG 315's on the Rubi. 2" Mopar lift next week...then I can start saving money on spray paint.

20210723_004319604_iOS.jpg

20210723_004339718_iOS.jpg

syismaster1

First Name
Sy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Willys
Installed the @Bestop Sunrider last night, super easy install, even solo. Top down (or up in this case) this morning, absolutely love it. Color on a the Sting Gray looks great, black and gray always looks good.

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 20210723_004339718_iOS

When it is open does it flap at highway speeds?

2500 hd

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR.
Added a few more things today (things I already had and finally got around to installing):
Mopar Tailgate - initially I was going to return it because I thought it was the source of my rattle towards the rear only to realize it was the lock release cable for the soft top making all the racket. Happy I was able to get it back on and I wrapped the support cables in black cloth tape to avoid any potential for rattling with the hard plastic wrap on the metal...

Next up is the 5" Mopar pillar lights with the Mopar mounts - stupid easy install with the factory default Aux setup. Added a little loom to the outside of the cable just to protect it a bit and just to do something with the loom I had from another project. A little showing off @pixeldecals awesome work he has been doing for me too here =)

Last is probably the most simple but yet the most awesome idea that I got from someone else here like just about everything I do to my Jeep - Wixgear flat mount magnets for a phone mount on the vents (one for my side and one for my wife's side). I tossed that tray that goes into the grab bar in the process...was never super comfy with her sitting her phone in there anyway.
I have purchased some lights to install, I'm kind of a mechanical moron.
Is it hard to do the wiring installation ?

JimmyB

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon
I have purchased some lights to install, I'm kind of a mechanical moron.
Is it hard to do the wiring installation ?
If have the Aux switches from the trailer/tow group package so it's basically cheating. Not sure how it's done without the aux switch setup but I can't imagine it's terribly difficult. Hardest part for me was routing the driver side wire over to the battery...yes it's just that easy.

qnet

First Name
Quentin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 2 DR Jeep Wrangler Sport JL, 18 BMW M2
American Outlaw 17x8.5 0 offset wheels and BFG 315's on the Rubi. 2" Mopar lift next week...then I can start saving money on spray paint.

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? CE598C57-FE92-4840-BBDD-908C8A619204

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? CE598C57-FE92-4840-BBDD-908C8A619204
Wow, your jeep is gonna look real good with that Mopar 2" lift. That 35" tire looks real big on the back of your tailgate. I'm still debating on getting 35's now or waiting until my 33's are worn out.

davewald

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.davewaldrop.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Sort of, kinda retired....mostly
Wow, your jeep is gonna look real good with that Mopar 2" lift. That 35" tire looks real big on the back of your tailgate. I'm still debating on getting 35's now or waiting until my 33's are worn out.
Yeah, I wasn't expecting or planning to upgrade my suspension when I bought the Jeep. After a few trips to local ORV parks on mild to moderate trails, I had quite a lot more scars on skid plates than I was expecting (hence the spray paint comment). I'm planning to do the Rubicon and Moab things in the near future, so I decided to bite the bullet now. I've seen pics of Rubis with the 2" lift with stock 33's and didn't like the look.

CO_Jeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 392 XR
Installed Mopar Roof rails. Also replaced the basic with the Yakima locks for extra safety. Easy install, time will tell on wind/whistling noise.
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 21034754-3F0D-4356-9D53-6639493BF454

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 3FA3A68E-8C16-44DC-9CD4-10A6793A09F5

Marine2146

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Grand Wagoneer 3 series, 2022 Rubicon 392
The aftermarket price tag on those though…..
I got them cheaper than a set of fuel coverts which was my second choice for wheels.
Figured I couldn’t go wrong with these wheels. Hopefully they will come out with the black beadlock rings soon. They also shouldn’t be to hard to get rid of if I change my mind.